Anyone Not exited about Tera/GW2

Kosef

I know they are supposed to be the next PVP games and what not..but coming from someone that has pvp'd mostly in all MMO's he has played (EQ, Shadowbane, AoC)..I'm not really that exited about either. I played the open beta weekend for TERA..and was unimpressed. I never got into GW1, and while GW2 looks to be more mmo-like than the original..I'm still getting the feeling of boredom..just be looking at the videos on youtube. I don't know, I had fun in D3 beta..but even that is not really swaying me. I'm not saying SWTOR is the best....lord knows it has its flaws...but I just don't get all the hype surrounding the upcoming games. Maybe I'm not seeing something you guys are. Guess I'm here until TSW comes out....maybe. Don't really trust Failcom either.

thread lock down sequence initializing *beep*

Energy dispensing unit activated (black with 2 sugars) *beep*

Forum administrator awakened *beep*

Incoming lock in 3 ... 2 ... 1 *beep beep*

Mods have been closing threads like this all day

Edited by Orangerascal

thread lock down sequence initializing *beep*

Energy dispensing unit activated (black with 2 sugars) *beep*

Forum administrator awakened *beep*

Incoming lock in 3 ... 2 ... 1 *beep beep*

Mods have been closing threads like this all day

Who knows maybe they will actually want to see how many ppl are excited about these 2 games .....lol.....;)

Ib4 thread close

There are a surprising amount of disappointing things you quickly learn about GW2 when you start hanging around on their forums and watching a lot of videos.

TERA.. not playing a game that already failed in it's own region that it was designed for.

Edited by aarka

Diablo 3 will have no real PVP, Tera is BAD, and GW2 = no endgame. GW2 or Diablo 3 are most likely the games someone will quit another game for because its not subscription based. Or you can just play all three. Edited by blazerSERVE

Either of those games WILL HAVE better world PvP than this game. There's ZERO incentive provided outside of the stupid mini-games. There's no chance either of these games will do worse than NOTHING.

That being said, neither game appeals to me...but they appeal to enough that I worry about THIS game.

I am staying here in hopes that they will get there act togther with PVP. Frankly, it really only requires a few

tweaks with balance, implementation of what has been promised . They have a very good blueprint , they just need

to execute . Obviously, they have let down a lot of their customer base with 1.2 - not sure if its irreparable .

I think both games look good. I played tera open beta and got to max level (32). The game does not really get fun until you hit level 20, it also took about that many levels to get used to the combat system. If you did not get that far, you probably would not have liked it

I've got almost no interest in Tera or GW2. Tera hasn't done anything that really interests me, and GW2's trinity-bashing is a major turn off. I'm mildly interested in TSW because I like Ragnar Tornquist's previous work (especially The Longest Journey), but I don't really expect it to be anything special from a PvP perspective.

SWTOR at least has decent (if imperfect) PvP and the Star Wars lore going for it.

Edited by Dzhokhar

Next game Im excited about is the wheel of time mmo. Sadly, Im more excited about what it could be than anything else, as there is no real info about it yet. It will probably let me down like so many others though.

I am staying here in hopes that they will get there act togther with PVP. Frankly, it really only requires a few

tweaks with balance, implementation of what has been promised . They have a very good blueprint , they just need

to execute . Obviously, they have let down a lot of their customer base with 1.2 - not sure if its irreparable .

Could I ask you to explain the yellow part? Are you just referring to ranked warzones? If so...how does that help? More of the same for a grind that means NOTHING (it's launching as 'pre-season), holds absolutely no appeal to me. Is there something more they've promised that I'm not aware of?

I think both games look good. I played tera open beta and got to max level (32). The game does not really get fun until you hit level 20, it also took about that many levels to get used to the combat system. If you did not get that far, you probably would not have liked it

If you look at their large PVP wars its hard to not say it looks hella fun. I'm not an animae fan, which 2 classes are in that game, but the world pvp looks stupid fun.

If you look at their large PVP wars its hard to not say it looks hella fun. I'm not an animae fan, which 2 classes are in that game, but the world pvp looks stupid fun.

It was! With the infamy system for gankers it was a blast to just run around and kill the people that were ganking lowbies as you are marked for death for a long time if you do it.

I'm not.

I was actually suprised to see this little company putting out an awesome pvp game. Tera could be a suprise out there like WOW was. I really dont like the animae though. It would be hard for me to get over the 2 gooffy looking races. The others look amazing though.

Edited by Wrestle

Tried Tera, was very disappointed with it.

Looking forward to trying out GW2, hoping it can live up to the hype.

with everything said and done, I was and am still happy with swtor pvp, they deffinatly need to make changes, and improvements, but overall I find it very enjoyable, and I would hate to see it die because they do not make the changes wich are needed.

Edited by upzie

Not excited about any upcoming games tbh. Kinda getting to the point where I am considering retiring from gaming :)

That's the same as me, I'm a gamer at heart and play / played almost every one out there its just the current games do nothing / barely nothing for me, they don't get me excited and more times than not (swtor and the new ones coming up playing them in beta etc) have left me severely disappointed, seems everyone is just coping everyone else and putting a slight twist here and there cause they seem to be so much the same, cant fool people over and over and over again with everyone doing the same damn thing, saying that there was an awesome article I agree with, most games released these days (there are a few exceptions of course but they seem to be mostly single player) that's why I feel like almost giving up gaming at the moment too.

When there is an MMO that is great etc (Which SWTOR REALLY looked the goods, bought collectors and everything was just really disappointed with the bugs, performance etc, then the class balance is now shocking, pvp is a joke if you aint 3 certain classes or their mirror classes) and doesn't seem to be getting any better, in fact every patch almost its getting worse!.