Dark Jedi vs. Light Jedi

Rugi

I know this question has been asked numerous times, but the answers given in their respective threads weren't very constructive or didn't go into enough depth to satisfy. So in this thread I pose again the question of which story is superior; Light or Dark? I know that Light is the canon story or KotOR 3, if you will. So, how does Dark hold up? Do the choices make sense and flow, or does the Dark narrative seem a bit forced?

I'm asking because I don't like wasting time. I very much play this game for the story as much as for my love of MMO's and Star Wars, so I want to be drawn in. I really want a Dark Jedi to be a choice that works, but I'd rather avoid it if Dark is just a fan service path that feels forced.

No matter what anyone replies with, there will always be someone who disagrees. This is a topic that is left very much to personal opinion.

I find that BioWare do an great job at creating story lines that flow and hence the game will be affected accordingly no matter what choices you make.

In my opinion, the story (no matter light or dark) flows well and doesn't feel "forced" - Feel free to disagree through :D

• 2 weeks later...
I leveled my Jedi Guardian dark side to 50 and for the most part, it actually felt pretty natural. I think I enjoyed it much more than I would have had I leveled her light side. There was a couple of "pointless evil" decisions that I remember coming across but they were few and far between. And without spoiling anything, your ending dialogue is somewhat affected by you going dark side, which I felt validated the whole thing.

For any class story I suggest just choosing which option you think makes the most sense to you or your character as you are roleplaying them. Choosing all light or all dark in all situations just because you pre-determined it will leave you dissatisfied either way, especially in cases of "pointless goody-goodying" or "chaotic stupid evil". Most of my characters never go past light I or dark I - you miss out on a few relics or alignment-based weapons but that doesn't matter in the end since the endgame gear is not alignment restricted. The only class that really made sense to go all one way was the Jedi Consular. The dark side choices simply make zero sense. Edited by Jenzali

For any class story I suggest just choosing which option you think makes the most sense to you or your character as you are roleplaying them. Choosing all light or all dark in all situations just because you pre-determined it will leave you dissatisfied either way, especially in cases of "pointless goody-goodying" or "chaotic stupid evil". Most of my characters never go past light I or dark I - you miss out on a few relics or alignment-based weapons but that doesn't matter in the end since the endgame gear is not alignment restricted. The only class that really made sense to go all one way was the Jedi Consular. The dark side choices simply make zero sense.

I agree with this. Going purely light/dark was the only time I felt 'forced' with my decisions. There are a couple senseless dark side choices, but I guess that is expected to leave room for the people who believe in truly pointless slaughter. I leveled both a sentinel and guardian as light and dark, respectively. But there were some choices that overlapped regardless of my alignment.

For instance, I didn't care that I was a light sided Jedi when I beat the emperor. I chose to kill him without hesitation. Beside the fact that I think it was a well-versed ending for the final boss.

I also chose to kill that sick bastard on Nar Shadaa that was duplicating Hitler's final solution (trying to wipe out all aliens). That ***** deserved to die.