What resets "Infernal Council" in EV?

I would like to know.

1) one person in group dies?

2) one person goes too far out of the circle area?

3) one person gets the debuff from (accidently) helping out someone else?

If by reset you mean failure, the ways you can fail the encounter are:

1) (at least) one person dies

2) (at least) one person fails to kill their target in time

Folks can assist each other by doing the "one action". No DoT or HoTs. If you at any time go beyond the one assist, you'll also almost certainly fail as the person will either die or not be able to do enough damage to win.

Encounter will reset if any person fails to kill their mob in time (you have until a few seconds after the mob enrages). If one person in the group dies, it is still possible for another person to pick up that person's mob and kill it, and you can still complete the encounter this way.

If 1 person dies, but his council member is low everyone can do their most powerful attack and still have a chance to kill him. (also the debuff is for 1 min, so if you use your attack right away, it is possible to get a second attack in before they reset)

Also if your healer is having problems killing Jael and you have a dps that is smoking his council member you can have the healer sit out and have the your fastest dps kill their member then go kill Jael.

Your healer will still be able to loot.

If 1 person dies, but his council member is low everyone can do their most powerful attack and still have a chance to kill him. (also the debuff is for 1 min, so if you use your attack right away, it is possible to get a second attack in before they reset)

Also if your healer is having problems killing Jael and you have a dps that is smoking his council member you can have the healer sit out and have the your fastest dps kill their member then go kill Jael.

Your healer will still be able to loot.

When you say "sit out",

do you mean stand in the room, and just don't attack?

Hmmm,

interesting,

does this work on Hard mode also?

Yes sit's down and twiddles his thumbs.

We have not tried it in HM as our HM people can all kill their council members. We just had a fresh lvl50 healer (like 1 hour) that was having problems. So we had our top DPS kill one of the 40k HP members and then the 20k HP member (normal) when he would normally be killing the Jug with has 80k.

He finished both off before some of the other people finished 1.

It would probably work on HM, but he would have to be doing massive DPS.

And with the 1 min debuff the rest of the raid could help as needed.

Something else to try (have not done this) is have your healer pick him up at the beginning, everyone get their 1 shot off, then go kill their assigned council members (by then the debuff would be gone) and then everyone get a second shot on the healers if time allows. Just food for thought.

Works fine on HM if you have a healer that just can't pull his own weight. I have sat out as a healer when we had super DPS and I have killed my own on HM.

The healer just sits out and does nothing while the DPS kills the first mob, as soon as the mob is dead the healer heals that DPS up to full then DPS begins to attack the next mob. He needs to wait otherwise you will get the debuff.

Edited by SirArion

Works fine on HM if you have a healer that just can't pull his own weight. I have sat out as a healer when we had super DPS and I have killed my own on HM.

The healer just sits out and does nothing while the DPS kills the first mob, as soon as the mob is dead the healer heals that DPS up to full then DPS begins to attack the next mob. He needs to wait otherwise you will get the debuff.

Question,

the healer that sits out but actually heals a DPS,

does the DPS gets the debuff? or only the healer?

If so, why not have the healer just go around every minute

helping out whoever is in need.

The reset is based purely on time... if it reset it was because they didn't all die before time expired.

Assisting another player will cause a debuff on you that prevents you from doing any damage to the mobs. This debuff can be gotten from:

1) Healing someone else in the party (and abilities like watchman spec'd Sentinels usage of Zen making burns give group heals will cause this)

2) Buffing someone else (like a Sentinel's group dmg/heal buff Inspiration)

3) Damaging someone else's mob while that player is alive

Note: you can have someone die, and once that player is dead, everyone else in the ops can attack their mob without getting the debuff. So if one player for whatever reason is unable to kill their mob, have them intentionally die and then the rest of the ops group can kill their mob for them after they take care of their own mob first.

Couple of things I can say:

- Do not let the Sentinels use a certain form that gives raid heal. It gives that sentinel the debuf making him/her unable to kill his/her's target.

- Let the Sage healers use their shield on targets after they are done with their target. It does not give the debuff.

- People who are done should help the weakest DPS with their highest damage ability.

- People all need to pull their weight, if somebody is slacking on DPS then they need to shape up

- Make sure to pair up the right setup. For example don't put a healer on the highest health one (council member) because they would have a hard time getting it down.

Despawn do indeed occur when you take to long to do the encounter.

Hope that helps :)

This will 100% not work in nightmare mode. The assassins will absolutely dominate a non-healer before you can kill them.

Couple of things I can say:

- Do not let the Sentinels use a certain form that gives raid heal. It gives that sentinel the debuf making him/her unable to kill his/her's target.

The solution to this is to put the sentinel/maruader in his own raid group. He will then be able to take advantage of things like inspiration/bloodthirst without effecting the rest of the raid.