Bad use of vote kick in warzone

Sith-Viscera

I was in a warzone and it was 4 on 4 match and we already lost the 1st half of that and we got as far as we did that first half cause of me but still we wasnt good enough. 2nd half started since i did so well the first half the other team ganged up on me and killed me fairly fast. Ok then next guy in team gets killed and he starts B(*&^*ing at me for doing the same thing i did that took 2 down the first half of match and blaming me why we going to take a lose on this. But yet he was healer and didnt heal me but its my fault. Well we were down to the sniper on our team so the other 3 decided to vote kick me in the 2nd half of the match when we are gonna lose any way. whats the point especially when he was negligent? I so tired of people screwing up cant believe they might be the problem but i guess its easier to pass the buck and blame some one else.

That was my last warzone of the day but now i get to do another one till i get my last one done.

There needs to be a BW dev or Someone with Authority to moderate these WZ especially ranked ones and only the moderator can do a kick, not the players. This is Getting old, FAST........

I've seen this also happen when someone is guarding a node in 8 vs 8. The option to kick someone should be removed from pvp, because people are abusing it for personal reasons. I also heard you get a lockout if you get kicked out from pvp, but I can't verify it since it's never happened to me. So, it's really only a nice tool for trolling.

you can't kick in 8vs8

Yes you can... if just doesn’t work very well

In my opinion it should be easier to vote to kick in 8v8 because trolls go into it and just afk in corners... that means you can have matches that go for 10 mins and you might be 6 or 7 vs 8... when that happens it is nearly always a loss...

You also have spam bots or credit bots that infect pvp from time to time... just the other day I had 3 bots in a Hutt Ball match with me...

If we can’t vote to kick them... they ruin the match and waste 10-15mins of game play... and even when we vote to kick... it takes 50% of the team till it works and most of the time it doesn’t because all they have to do is enter combat to cancel it...

problem is if they'd make it like in arenas or flashpoints there would be way too many people exploiting it.

The sad truth is that pvp attracts more people with godcomplex and narcissistic behaviour than "normal people", and those will always try to kick new/inexperienced or bad players not only those who are afk or bots.

So in the end it would do way more harm than good :/

Yes you can... if just doesn’t work very well

In my opinion it should be easier to vote to kick in 8v8 because trolls go into it and just afk in corners... that means you can have matches that go for 10 mins and you might be 6 or 7 vs 8... when that happens it is nearly always a loss...

You also have spam bots or credit bots that infect pvp from time to time... just the other day I had 3 bots in a Hutt Ball match with me...

If we can’t vote to kick them... they ruin the match and waste 10-15mins of game play... and even when we vote to kick... it takes 50% of the team till it works and most of the time it doesn’t because all they have to do is enter combat to cancel it...

It doesn't take half of the team, just one person can do it, which is why it can be abused so easily.

The points you are making are valid, and that's the exact reason why I said it would be better if there was no kicking function at all. You can leave a match with bots afkers and q again, there's no lockout like in pve. But what BW should implement is not putting the same person back in the same warzone they just left. That's just wasting everyone's time.

It doesn't take half of the team, just one person can do it, which is why it can be abused so easily.

The points you are making are valid, and that's the exact reason why I said it would be better if there was no kicking function at all. You can leave a match with bots afkers and q again, there's no lockout like in pve. But what BW should implement is not putting the same person back in the same warzone they just left. That's just wasting everyone's time.

That is incorrect... it takes more than one person to get someone removed... I know because we’ve tested it...

If you don’t believe me... try it

I've seen this also happen when someone is guarding a node in 8 vs 8. The option to kick someone should be removed from pvp, because people are abusing it for personal reasons. I also heard you get a lockout if you get kicked out from pvp, but I can't verify it since it's never happened to me. So, it's really only a nice tool for trolling.

Yup true i couldnt que up again for about 15minutes all i needed was one more match and i was done for the day but nope they kicked me regardless it being the last match out of 2 and they knew they gonna lose any how and still vote kicked me just to make them feel better i guess.

Yup true i couldnt que up again for about 15minutes all i needed was one more match and i was done for the day but nope they kicked me regardless it being the last match out of 2 and they knew they gonna lose any how and still vote kicked me just to make them feel better i guess.

All you had to do was run up and hit someone on the other team to cancel the vote kick.

Unless they’ve changed it, you can’t get kicked while guarding a node. You get defensive points every so often and it counts as activity, canceling the countdown. The only way you would be kicked is if you’re too far away from a node to get defensive credit.

Why did they kick you? Have you asked yourself that?

Too many people queue and don’t help. Especially stealths who just stand next to a node and watch everyone cap it so they don’t die.

I’ve never seen or participated in kicking someone who didn’t deserve it. Every time it is because of AFKers or CXP/XP or some other farming trolls. Basically people who don’t want to try or be there, so they do nothing or the bare minimum.

I’m sorry if you got kicked. But you should maybe consider why it happened.

All you had to do was run up and hit someone on the other team to cancel the vote kick.

Which makes you wonder what they were doing in the first place to not be in combat? Guarding would be the only reason and who votes to kick guards unless they aren’t actually guarding, but just standing there.

I’ve no sympathy for people who get kicked. 99.99% of the time it’s their own fault. I just wish the process was easier and more stream lined so we could get the farming trolls and bots out faster.

Well... good luck with that if you are stuck behind respawn barrier and there's nobody to attack anywhere near when you finally get out from the zone.

And yes, I've seen a guildie being kicked because he was guarding a node, and in the same team was someone who doesn't like him, who was also first being very abusive in chat. Just saying, because someone questioned why kick a node guardian. If the team is already losing, why not. You can't lose the match twice.

Kicking is a tool for bullies, because everyone can leave a match and requeue without a lock if they want to get rid of afkers and bots.

Well... good luck with that if you are stuck behind respawn barrier and there's nobody to attack anywhere near when you finally get out from the zone.

And yes, I've seen a guildie being kicked because he was guarding a node, and in the same team was someone who doesn't like him, who was also first being very abusive in chat. Just saying, because someone questioned why kick a node guardian. If the team is already losing, why not. You can't lose the match twice.

Kicking is a tool for bullies, because everyone can leave a match and requeue without a lock if they want to get rid of afkers and bots.

You can’t get kicked behind the respawn point :rolleyes:

I’m sorry, as much as I want to believe you about false kicks and bullying, there have been too many incorrect posts in this thread about how vote to kick works. So I’m calling bull crap on the whole discussion, just about everyone here who is complaining about it has fundamentally wrong information on how the system works.

Guys, I’ve been kicked or DC’d out of WZs myself and it’s not other players, it was the system. I’ve died in the respawn and the game booted me out. I’ve been busy typing after I died in the map and it’s booted me out. I’ve been booted because I didn’t move all match (long match) while guarding and the system thought I was afk. Sometimes if you get massive lag for too long it will boot you from the match.

There are so many bugs in the system and it will occasionally boot people or DC them. I am more likely to believe this is what’s happening than people voting people out.

You can’t get kicked behind the respawn point :rolleyes:

Yes you can, if you don't have enough time to run back to fight when it finally opens. The counter ticks when you are behind the barrier. Try it with a mate if you don't believe it.

I’m sorry, as much as I want to believe you about false kicks and bullying, there have been too many incorrect posts in this thread about how vote to kick works. So I’m calling bull crap on the whole discussion, just about everyone here who is complaining about it has fundamentally wrong information on how the system works.

Guys, I’ve been kicked or DC’d out of WZs myself and it’s not other players, it was the system. I’ve died in the respawn and the game booted me out. I’ve been busy typing after I died in the map and it’s booted me out. I’ve been booted because I didn’t move all match (long match) while guarding and the system thought I was afk. Sometimes if you get massive lag for too long it will boot you from the match.

There are so many bugs in the system and it will occasionally boot people or DC them. I am more likely to believe this is what’s happening than people voting people out.

Just because something hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it hasn't happened to someone else. So less calling people's experiences bull crap and more accepting different opinions and especially experiences, okay?

Why did they kick you? Have you asked yourself that?

Too many people queue and don’t help. Especially stealths who just stand next to a node and watch everyone cap it so they don’t die.

I’ve never seen or participated in kicking someone who didn’t deserve it. Every time it is because of AFKers or CXP/XP or some other farming trolls. Basically people who don’t want to try or be there, so they do nothing or the bare minimum.

I’m sorry if you got kicked. But you should maybe consider why it happened.

Which makes you wonder what they were doing in the first place to not be in combat? Guarding would be the only reason and who votes to kick guards unless they aren’t actually guarding, but just standing there.

I’ve no sympathy for people who get kicked. 99.99% of the time it’s their own fault. I just wish the process was easier and more stream lined so we could get the farming trolls and bots out faster.

Read the first post of this thread and you'd know why he was kicked and why he couldn't do anything to cancel the kick.

Read the first post of this thread and you'd know why he was kicked and why he couldn't do anything to cancel the kick.

My replies were concerning 8v8. Since SWTOR doesn't nest quoted posts:

you can't kick in 8vs8

You can, but they can just attack someone and cancel it. It's really meant to kick people who idle in a corner somewhere doing nothing since there was a bout of that a bit ago.

And:

• 2 weeks later...

Kicks are currently upside down. It is too easy to kick people who got focused and killed in arenas (even more absurd case, it could be totally the healer's fault, and it can be the healer who kicks him), and impossible to kick a troll who AFK's in a corner or simply ignores a node-cap.

I had this idea in another thread, but here is what BioWare could implement to resolve this problem:

Every kick that was successful gets auto-sent (with chatlog and combat details, yes they have combat details even if combat logging is off or else the final chart wouldn't exist) as something like a ticker to CSR (though not a ticket by the kicked guy or the kickers, so no one can be the "owner" of the ticket and delete it). This way, a hatred kick for a guy who tried and died or failed to cap/defend (for example, in the OP case they can see you were best and got focused) will result in punishing the kickers and/or compensating the kicked one, and a kick for an AFK or troll (indicated by lack of changes in the kicked one's combat log and probably some angry calls by his team mates in chat) will do the exact opposite. [Yes, I am aware the response time will be a while like any other ticket, and at 1st non-justified kicks will seldom happen, but eventually seeing that unjustified kicks get punished there might only be justified ones].

By the way:

You can, but they can just attack someone and cancel it. It's really meant to kick people who idle in a corner somewhere doing nothing since there was a bout of that a bit ago.

That's true, sadly the AFKs and trolls who you are referring to do exactly

So kick is basically currently more likely to kick an innocent dead than a true troll...

Edited by Rafiknoll

• 7 months later...

so today one of the few times I tried rank I saw a new abuse of the system. no names mentioned but reported, faction member of opposite force users claimed I was win trading , made it sound like all day, 1)I only been playing for maybe 1 hr 2)never played with him so kinda neat he knew my matches. 3)ive never win traded, don't know enough players to do that and even if I did I've reported players for doing such crap but I figure he had to accuse me of something to make his plan work.

Anyways he convinced one other player to vote to kick me, keep in mind I was active entire match and was only able to see this after I was dead and that's where it gets interesting. I got focus fired immediately upon the vote by enemy team, one of our team mates drops at that exact moment so it suddenly only just took 2 people to kick me, this all happened on the second round and we were already losing by 1.

What was interesting was I died rather fast with 3 hitting me and no backup from my so-called "team". As I lay dead suddenly I was getting warnings to initiate combat or I would be kicked..okay Im dead figure out how to initiate combat?

I call straight-up abuse and exploit, been reported players named in report. Im sure this crap has been going on for a long time possibly from only a few players but you can see how it can give some advantages in their ranked raitings. He also claimed he knew Eric personally, I think this was a lame attempt to intimidate me but here I am calling out crap players abusing a game mechanic that is obviously in great need of adjustment. Between queue syncing and vote kicking abuse its not hard to see why so many have called Bull**** on ranked ratings.

so today one of the few times I tried rank I saw a new abuse of the system. no names mentioned but reported, faction member of opposite force users claimed I was win trading , made it sound like all day, 1)I only been playing for maybe 1 hr 2)never played with him so kinda neat he knew my matches. 3)ive never win traded, don't know enough players to do that and even if I did I've reported players for doing such crap but I figure he had to accuse me of something to make his plan work.

Anyways he convinced one other player to vote to kick me, keep in mind I was active entire match and was only able to see this after I was dead and that's where it gets interesting. I got focus fired immediately upon the vote by enemy team, one of our team mates drops at that exact moment so it suddenly only just took 2 people to kick me, this all happened on the second round and we were already losing by 1.

What was interesting was I died rather fast with 3 hitting me and no backup from my so-called "team". As I lay dead suddenly I was getting warnings to initiate combat or I would be kicked..okay Im dead figure out how to initiate combat?

I call straight-up abuse and exploit, been reported players named in report. Im sure this crap has been going on for a long time possibly from only a few players but you can see how it can give some advantages in their ranked raitings. He also claimed he knew Eric personally, I think this was a lame attempt to intimidate me but here I am calling out crap players abusing a game mechanic that is obviously in great need of adjustment. Between queue syncing and vote kicking abuse its not hard to see why so many have called Bull**** on ranked ratings.

So what you’re saying is you died and your team voted to kick you (for what ever reason) while you were dead?

How can the vote to kick system even allow that to happen?. If it is, then part of this blame should be put on Bioware and they should close that loop hole.

Maybe you should report it as a bug too. Put it in the bug report section of the forum and just say you were being vote to kicked while dead in ranked and were unable to initiate combat to cancel it.

Honestly, because Ranked is based on ELO, you should never be able to vote to kick anyone.

I said it long ago that the kick system is a joke. You can only kick true AFK players or use it improperly in arenas, but not kick trolls or people who are only partially AFK and make a move to bust the kick every time it is up (these people exist, though I can't post pictures without having the post removed...)

What needs to be done is:

1. Remove kicks from arenas - if someone truly deserves a kick from your arena, you would discover it only after he screwed your first round. Which means if you kick him, at best you would get a dead backfiller in the middle of the 2nd round, and he won't actually do you any good. So kick in arenas is in fact ONLY useful for the sake of mean kicking like above, and not useful kicks.

2. Edit kicks so that it doesn't break on combat (for trolls and half-AFKers), but instead are effective immediately as soon as 5 people vote the same person out. That means that if you got kicked from a match, at least 5 people wanted you out, considering that there are only 7 people in your group other than you, that means the majority of your group didn't want you to stay. Unless you are a troll or a thrower - it shouldn't happen, and in the rare cases it does - you probably wouldn't enjoy staying with such guys anyway.

3. As a "failsafe", each successful kick will have it's details [recent group chat and combat logs and maybe positional data of the kicked guy] saved and the kicked guy will have the option to send it as a report if he considers it unjustified (maybe get a prompt "you have been vote kicked from the match. If you think you have been treated unfairly, choose to submit a report"), which then can determine if the kick was justified or not and act accordingly. Kicks wouldn't happen to often to make it so much a burden.