Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts/Theories for the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Thoughts/Theories for the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Leklor
12.20.2017 , 12:11 AM | #21
Hilarious.
You come up with an absolutely ludicrous "theory" regarding thr behind-the-scenes of the movie, gleefully ******** all over Rian Johnson because... Wait. What's your reason? Because you hate the movie? Is that a valid excuse to openly slander someobe based on non-facts? Can't you just be content with hating the movie and move on? You have to make up outlandish accusations about the people involved to feel good about it?
Face it, every single element points to your "interpretation" of the situation being utter bull***** and I'm an ******e for calling you out on it?
Also, FYI, I don't "love" The Last Jedi. I think it's a very flawed movie that was nevertheless a labor of love from Rian Johnson so seeing frankly insulting "interpretations" of behind-the-scenes interviews to justify hating it disgust me.
You never needed to question Johnson's character to dislike the movie, there's plenty controversial elements in the film as-is to justify having a mixed or negative opinion.
Is that more understandable for you?
Hate the movie for what it is, not for how you believe it was made. It makes you look paranoid and foolish.
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c

HuaRya
12.21.2017 , 02:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Swingkittie View Post
And are you f'ng real? How dare you attack me like some *****hole troll. Sorry I hated your beloved movie *****wipe. But I think you are a first class piece of garbage for attacking someone's opinions. Your interpretation of interviews and videos isn't the rule we should all abide by. Your blasted opinion on a piece of crap movie isn't the end all of discussions. I could really give a dam about what you think of me. I am not starting f'ng conspiracy theories. I replied to and on information I found. And yes I read the Rian Johnson article too. BFD. I don't give a rat's ***** what you think.
I know what you are talking about and he doesn't. I believe you are referring to the stunned reaction Mark had in this video: https://youtu.be/np1EliyBbJw

It's very telling. You can tell he's visibly shaken and they probably did something in post production that he wasn't told they would do. I doubt he thought he would be killed off until the 3rd installment.

Leklor
12.21.2017 , 03:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
I know what you are talking about and he doesn't. I believe you are referring to the stunned reaction Mark had in this video: https://youtu.be/np1EliyBbJw

It's very telling. You can tell he's visibly shaken and they probably did something in post production that he wasn't told they would do. I doubt he thought he would be killed off until the 3rd installment.
Yes. Obviously I don't know what I'm talking about.
After all, Mark Hammil wasn't at the Cast Screening of the film before the premiere. At all. Never set foot there.
But I know something you don't know: Disney (It's ALWAYS THOSE MONSTER AT DISNEY!) showed a FALSE VERSION of the film to the cast! JUST TO FOOL MARK HAMMIL on Premiere Day!
That's what happened. Totally.

Also, learn a bit of logic, here's a little breakdown (with a "Question/Answer" format for clarity) of another reason why your theory is stupid as hell. Ready?
1) What follows Luke's death scene in the movie? An exchange between Leia and Rey about said death.
2) Who plays Leia? Carrie Fisher.
3) What happened in December 2016 to Carrie Fisher? She died.
4) What does that mean regarding said scene above? It was shot during principal photography since the reshoots happened after Fisher's death.
5) When did TLJ's principal photography happen? Between February 2016 and July 2016
6) Who was a very good friend of Carrie Fisher and would have most likely talked with her frequently as hinted by their closeness on the many behind-the-scene features? Mark Hammil
7) Do you HONESTLY believe that Disney somehow manage to hide from Hammil that Luke was going to die at the end of the movie for MORE THAN AN ENTIRE YEAR despite the fact two of his co-stars, at least one of whom he was a close friend of, had shot a scene talking about it? If you do, I'm honestly worried about your sanity because we've left the realm of opinions long ago and we're very much into fabrication territory on your part.

As as been said on other threads on this very forum: You may hate "The Last Jedi". It's a movie. There's no universal truth about it. You're entitled to an opinion on it, a negative one included.
However, what is not open to interpretation are facts. Facts are facts and every bit of that theory about Disney/Lucasfilm lying to Mark Hammil is simply unbelievable because he'd already seen the movie before the Los Angeles Premiere at least twice (Japan Premiere and Cast screening)
If you still want to believe that he was lied to, then you're an idiot, plain and simple. You and your "friend" can call me an ******e all you want, it won't change that you're inventing yourself a reason to place Mark Hammil on "your side" regarding TLJ in a pathetic effort to justify your opinion, which it never needed because it's you're opinion and you are entitled to it.
This is a referral link, use at your own risk:
http://www.swtor.com/r/l72c4c