Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

AP Powertech Viability?


Bonzenaattori's Avatar


Bonzenaattori
08.09.2017 , 05:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
- more survivability
- a debuff heal (20%) on with flame burst and flame sweep
- a 10m cone "aoe" at 25-30k damage each 15sec
- aoe+slow management
- free 110 accuracy
- best heat management of the 3 specs.
- ah yes you can tank too with some additionnal stuff in your inventory. ("tank" relics are a nice alternative)

i understand, i find these skantanks quite stupid too but fact is than it's the best viable "dps" spec for PT in pvp, especially in arenas.
you dont need 110% accuracy in pvp unless you have worse luck than a 1 round russian roulette sore loser
aoe is pretty decent across the board, its probably vanguard's biggest selling point as of right now. you dont need skank tank for it, but its fun i'll agree
heat management shouldn't be an issue for AP PT
pt is probably the weakest skank tank between the 3 classes, no execute mechanics, transpose is really uselses and narrow minded and its design is full of flaws, not to mention the stats and dcd are seriously lacklustre, which is an AC issue, not a spec issue. Riot gas is your only saving grace, but without hinder mechanics + the nerf in 5.0, it's lost a lot of impact

It's a preference thing (not saying you're wrong at all) but I'd take going AP PT over skank anyday,
better energy shield cdr, better defense rating buff and lower cooldown,
more defensive functions (by one... WOOOOW ikr)
energy cell is good feeling, and ramp is always fun in combat

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
08.09.2017 , 10:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JediGuardian View Post
So it's been quite a while since I played last and was wondering if AP PT is still viable? Any suggestions or insight into the current state of the class would be much appreciated. Thanks!
It is not good but not the worst. It has okay burst and okay damage, mediocre mobility/range and weak survivability. It works well in PvP if you have strong support. Without it you stand no chance.

PvE, the damage is on the low end. Not the worst, and surely capable of clearing all content, but far from the best.

VanguardOfDark's Avatar


VanguardOfDark
08.09.2017 , 04:22 PM | #13
Well I found AP PT to be the worst of all PT classes in PVP.
Mostly because the very bad heating menagement. AP PT overheat very fast even on top levels.

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
08.09.2017 , 09:03 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by VanguardOfDark View Post
Well I found AP PT to be the worst of all PT classes in PVP.
Mostly because the very bad heating menagement. AP PT overheat very fast even on top levels.
Pyro is even worse heat management. Switched to shield for craps and giggles and the heat management is better. However very fee offensive abilities. Oil slick and translocate are terrible. Rather have gut slide over from AP and some kind of extra shield defensive ability.

Ontop of PTs losing missle blast and explosive dart(which was asinine) and getting only shatter slug in return. I'd like to see flame thrower come back, but be a single target channeled ability akin to force lighting.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

LeglessChair's Avatar


LeglessChair
08.10.2017 , 09:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JediGuardian View Post
So it's been quite a while since I played last and was wondering if AP PT is still viable? Any suggestions or insight into the current state of the class would be much appreciated. Thanks!
PT is still in 4.0 DCD wise.
Eternal Vanguard Obideon
Th ?thrs Mesa Mauler Yabadabadead
Clickbait

Bonzenaattori's Avatar


Bonzenaattori
08.11.2017 , 10:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LeglessChair View Post
PT is still in 4.0 DCD wise.
None of the cds for VG/PT have changed since 2.0, only where they're located, therein lies the problem. Obsolete cooldown designs in a patch where every other class has had theirs tailored or with additional functions to fit the current state of the game. VGs, nope, you get devs who still cant decide what level your gap closer should be

Unless you consider Riot Gas an actual cooldown, then it got nerfed

Also, if you have heat managment issues as a PT there is seriously something wrong with your entire strategy in combat.

helpmewin's Avatar


helpmewin
08.15.2017 , 04:41 AM | #17
PTs always was paper tigers. But almost all classes got dcd-s/immunes buffs, and PTs not so bursty as they was, so nowdays they are not in that "case" as they should be, in PvP i mean.
Referral link - get free 7 sub days and free transfer.
Competetive arenas video guide