Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Returning Player: The New Vanguard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Returning Player: The New Vanguard

jacobsod
10.10.2017 , 07:14 PM | #11
Wanted to chime back in after trying out a commando with a rifle and I'm glad you guys suggested it! Plays like old vanguard. Having fun on a trooper again!

Cuiwe
10.11.2017 , 08:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jacobsod View Post
Wanted to chime back in after trying out a commando with a rifle and I'm glad you guys suggested it! Plays like old vanguard. Having fun on a trooper again!
Gunnery?
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

jacobsod
10.15.2017 , 10:35 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
Gunnery?
Yep! It's awesome.

Why ask..? Don't?

Allegos
10.17.2017 , 12:38 PM | #14
I freaked out and deleted my Powertech when the changes came, but I started leveling a new Vanguard from scratch yesterday and I’m loving it. (The toon is now in the low 30’s.) I think I just needed the leveling experience of getting new abilities one at a time in order to digest each changed ability.

The changed abilities are all channeled or delayed damage skills that weren’t a part of my Powertech’s arsenal anyways; when you’re tanking they either get interrupted or fail to generate threat as quickly as needed. When DPSing, they’d get interrupted when you have to move. The new instant-cast skills that replace them are a very nice improvement, adding some nice cleave damage on demand (with a cooldown) to what had effectively been a very limited repertoire.

If the range changes are a deal breaker for some players, that’s a shame (and it wouldn’t hurt if Storm/Jet Charge came a little sooner than it does), but I’d recommend trying again from scratch before anyone gives up on the class. It’s not as if leveling takes very long any more.
"The Nerfbat is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those FOTMs who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is."

Cuiwe
10.17.2017 , 04:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by jacobsod View Post
Yep! It's awesome.

Why ask..? Don't?
Of course. Gunnery's the right choice. Assault loses Charged Bolts which are kinda large part of Assault and Healer...well you can, but it is a Healer.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Vanguard's not so bad, it just has Defensive and Fluff issues. Fluff relates to how it's perceived, played etc. At what range you do things etc. It wouldn't kill them if we got 20m back. Maybe not full 30, but at least 20?

In fact I love Vanguard even more than I did when it used to have static abilities like Pulse Cannon, Full Auto etc. It's just...the range! The range sucks. And the little tiny problem called "I've done everything I wanted with him >.>". Anyhow, my ideal Trooper would be:

1. Plasmatech
2. Gunnery
3. Combat Medic(I like them Probes ) (I could live with Shield Spec too)
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus