Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard/PT dead in 5.0?

Thaladan
06.20.2017 , 09:44 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I think the dps of Tactics is fine. The survivability seems decent in a 1v1 against most classes, but against a group it's rough: "Kolto overload and run away with hydraulic overrides."
exactly.

burst phase is good for AP spec (even if you can't repeat a high burst rotation often enough because of shoulder canon's cooldown) but the survivability state is the worst.

you're obliged to keep hydraulic and active kolto overload to run away and kite (if you can survive..)

------

hopefully pyrotech will be improved, in damage but surely in suvivability too, i am waiting the dev's post to see this.
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

KainrycKarr
07.09.2017 , 05:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I think the dps of Tactics is fine. The survivability seems decent in a 1v1 against most classes, but against a group it's rough: "Kolto overload and run away with hydraulic overrides."
Not really. Just about every class and spec simply has more tools to use to stay up. A good sniper/mara/jug/op/Sin/ and especially merc should have absolutely no issues bringing a PT down handily, provided both players are similarly skilled. There's just not much a PT can do to protect themselves.
Kain'ryk Karr - Level 60 Powertech<Clan Adenn>

Thaladan
07.10.2017 , 02:20 PM | #23
source 5.3 patchnote :

"Increased the damage dealt by Deadly Onslaught by roughly 61%, lowered its cooldown to 20 seconds, and fixed its tooltip."

from AP spec :

Prototype Missile Silos : Reduces the cooldown of Deadly Onslaught by 15 seconds and increases the damage it deals by 10%.(...)

---> i can't believe AP/PT will have a 5sec cooldown aoe at +71% damage O_O
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

Rion_Starkiller
07.10.2017 , 03:22 PM | #24
Yeah, that is strange. I guess the heat cost is so high that it doesn't matter much...?
-Beruhl / Pewgilist / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Tupac Hord
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

Vodolebon
09.25.2017 , 08:13 PM | #25
Powertech Adv Prototype:
Can't comment on numbers/viability, i've been outside of the game for a while, but just for style or flavor:

-give back range on rail shot. i know i'm mid ranged, but geez... (i can throw my grenade three times further)
-give us another animation with the jetpack for deadly onslaught (i have a jetpack, don't want that awful new thing on my back)
-and still for onslaught, a wider aoe, that circle is ridiculous compared to other classes' aoes.
-great, now i lost my flamethrower. i know i'm not a pyro, but still...

Tl,dr: my class icon is a flamethrower but i'll never see it, i have a jetpack for ONE attack only, and my wrist canon is weak sauce.
Do you devs think Mandalore approves of this?

Thanks, Eric. (or thanks Donald, maybe ^^)

Cuiwe
10.08.2017 , 03:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodolebon View Post
Powertech Adv Prototype:
Can't comment on numbers/viability, i've been outside of the game for a while, but just for style or flavor:

-give back range on rail shot. i know i'm mid ranged, but geez... (i can throw my grenade three times further)
-give us another animation with the jetpack for deadly onslaught (i have a jetpack, don't want that awful new thing on my back)
-and still for onslaught, a wider aoe, that circle is ridiculous compared to other classes' aoes.
-great, now i lost my flamethrower. i know i'm not a pyro, but still...

Tl,dr: my class icon is a flamethrower but i'll never see it, i have a jetpack for ONE attack only, and my wrist canon is weak sauce.
Do you devs think Mandalore approves of this?

Thanks, Eric. (or thanks Donald, maybe ^^)
My comments were back when I played in around 5,0:

-> What exactly happened to range? Why is HIB / Rail so short in range? WHY? O.o
-> I actually like these replacements for Pulse Canno / Flamethrower. Especially the FT replacement.
-> What exactly happened to efficiency? Even playing story felt odd to how it felt last time I played it(ok, back then it was pre 3,0 and we still had Full Auto / Unload etc).
-> Why am I so squishy all of a sudden? I remember PT / VG being this hunk of chunk even in DPS disciplines. Nowadays, even Rangeds out tank him...
-> My thoughts on Artillery Barrage / Death from above replacement are mixed. While I REALLY like Vanguard Plasma Ball version, the Powertech version can go and suck a big one. It's ugly, it's unnecessary...at this point, why not just replace it with a Flamethrower?
-> Concerning animation changes on Fire Pulse and Immolate, again split decision. Plasma Flare is VERY NICE, but Immolate? WHY DID YOU CHANGE IT BW? WHYYYY??? Now we have this stupid Carbonite beam followed by a burst / gout of flame instead of that GLORIOUS CLOUD OF FLAME we used to have! GIVE BACK! NOW!
(realistically, you only needed to change Fire pulse...it was...what exactly? Like damage happened! lol)

...**** this!
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus