Rakghoul Pandemic complete walkthrough

cosmasterkiller

So, am I understanding this right ... if you started the event today ... and the event ends on the 24th ... it is impossible to do every daily since you only unlock 1 per day, and have to wait until the next day to do it?

So, everyone that was unaware you could go back to the crash site for more dailies (and I assure you, there are alot), and found out too late, can not get the complete set of armor?

This is just bad planning all around. The event's duration is entirely too short for it to have a system that unlocks day by day and won't let you go back and make up for lost time. Lots of people will be left behind. My wife and I missed 2 days because we didn't know there were followup dailies. No one told us. No dialog mentioned it. Nothing pointed us back to Tatooine. We figured out from idle chatter in General on the republic fleet.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, am I understanding this right ... if you started the event today ... and the event ends on the 24th ... it is impossible to do every daily since you only unlock 1 per day, and have to wait until the next day to do it?

So, everyone that was unaware you could go back to the crash site for more dailies (and I assure you, there are alot), and found out too late, can not get the complete set of armor?

This is just bad planning all around. The event's duration is entirely too short for it to have a system that unlocks day by day and won't let you go back and make up for lost time. Lots of people will be left behind. My wife and I missed 2 days because we didn't know there were followup dailies. No one told us. No dialog mentioned it. Nothing pointed us back to Tatooine. We figured out from idle chatter in General on the republic fleet.

That and it wasn't even mentioned on the main page, well to my knowledge (maybe I just didn't notice), until yesterday.

Agreed, this is surprisingly poor design. I love the new daily quests, which give the sense that the outbreak is expanding... but I don't like the idea that we have to not only do them in order, but do them the day before we run the next one in the series. Maybe by this weekend they'll remove the latter restriction, and allow people to run all the quests back-to-back.

You can get your title and your pet all in one day. The only thing CURRENTLY that we are aware of that the dailies provide is the social armor set.

More importantly - just the belt. Shame there's no wrists. I mean, Bioware has to know there's a custom wrist shortage. Belts and Wrists should have been top priority. Ah well.

I think the design is fine. People that participated in the event starting day one can get all the gear. I understand if people couldn't possibly play for those day, that's too bad. But it is what it is.

"It is what it is" unfortunately does not apply. The core problem is that "No one told people what it is" ... If the player base was made aware that there were benefits to returning to Tatooine, that would be another story. However, never at any point in the dialog, quest text, or non-stop news spam on the fleet, did anyone mention returning to Tatooine for further adventures/rewards. So there can be no "It is what it was" because what exactly "It is" was never identified except in General chat which most people keep turned off.

Basically, the only people that knew what "it is" are the hardcore people that follow forums and read news posts that are not part of the game, thus no one can be held accountable for not knowing about these things and missing them. They need to uncap the dailies so people can get the ones they've missed in sequential order in a single day.

I think the design is fine. People that participated in the event starting day one can get all the gear.

I understand if people couldn't possibly play for those day, that's too bad. But it is what it is.

In some senses, it penalizes people that weren't there at the ready on day one. However, I doubt it'll actually end up going only until all the pieces are out and then ending. I'd be willing to bet BW will leave it up for quite a while

Funny thing, tried to pick Newly Infected again to get the belt, but not able to.... and yes I did it yesterday long before reset so it should't be that which is the problem. I guess I just have to try again later today....

Yes there appears to be specific requirements for some of these quests. I was told by bioware that they are remaining very quiet about the quests and letting the community find out on their own, which I think is pretty cool. It could get frustrating if players are unable to get the complete social set however...

"It is what it is" unfortunately does not apply. The core problem is that "No one told people what it is" ... If the player base was made aware that there were benefits to returning to Tatooine, that would be another story. However, never at any point in the dialog, quest text, or non-stop news spam on the fleet, did anyone mention returning to Tatooine for further adventures/rewards. So there can be no "It is what it was" because what exactly "It is" was never identified except in General chat which most people keep turned off.

Basically, the only people that knew what "it is" are the hardcore people that follow forums and read news posts that are not part of the game, thus no one can be held accountable for not knowing about these things and missing them. They need to uncap the dailies so people can get the ones they've missed in sequential order in a single day.

I think that 'it is what it is' most definitely applies. Being able to get all of the pieces is a reward for those avid players who participated from the get-go (or near it), not a punishment to those who didn't. Saying that it isn't fair for someone to not get the chance to get all of the pieces because they didn't know about it is like saying that it isn't fair to the players who joined the game after the update because they can't buy some of the Korealis speeders.

It isn't 'hardcore' to stay informed about the game you're playing. And player's cannot use the 'we didn't know about it because we don't visit the website/forums/whatever excuse, because there are in-game indications that something is going on. When people rant that first day's quests and saw that they could get the boots they should have realized that it would be exceedingly silly for BW to only give out that one piece of gear. You can't blame the company if some players refuse to use their heads for anything other than a hat-rack.

Nothing in this event is mandatory; the rewards are mostly non-mechanic except for the crystals, which are no more powerful that other such crystals which can be gotten elsewhere. Those who do not get all of the gear, customizations, pets, etc, are not being penalized in any way, shape, or form. The players who do get them are being rewarded.

So basically you want your hand held through the entire game this is what your saying? You want them to tell you every single detail about every single quest, and reward, and codex entry, so that you what can never have the fun of discovering something new for yourself?

I guess the announcement on the fleet going off every 10 minutes wasn't enough for you either to let you know something was going on? or the 'tv' hover news screen beside the docking bay elevators. Never thought 'hey thats's new let me click on it and find out what it does?'

I hope you're also aware of how foolish it makes you look, that you're on a forum complaining you didn't know about the event and at the same time saying that only "hardcore players who go on forums figured out the event"

Finally no they do not need to 'uncap' the dailies as you put it. They gave more than enough time for you to have figured out what was going on, and join in and still complete the entire event. If you're worried about missing future events then try this ( in game and in real life) lift your head up look around and don't be afraid to ask questions. A simple "Hey what's going on over on Tattooine?" over the general chat on the fleet or on Coruscant would have clued you in.

A piece of feedback,

Great that we have an evolving "live' event that gives out a few things avid gamers enjoy (title, pet, armor set...).

One issue I have (I have not found any solution to it, is there one ?), is that the armor set is light armor (ie cloth), meaning that as a heavy armor wearer is i pop my mods in it i get the stats bonuses but NOT the armor value.

I tried yesterday with my level 40 armor and i basically loose armor...

I s there a way to switch this armor from light to medium or heavy for the people that wear that kind of armor?

I wanted to wear the set from level 40 to 50 to have an unusual look and because it fits Bounty Hunter Style quite well, but it seems i have to pass for now.

Has anyone heard if there would be a possibility to trade these pieces for the same ones of a different armor value? Could this be implemented at the end of the event (ie trade in to a Merchant of sorts?).

Thanks for any answer.

No one has found anything yet. The databases don't show any additional gear either.

MAybe yesterday's was the last one and from now on will for for those who need the last piece form yesterday, or for those who need the set still.

MAybe yesterday's was the last one and from now on will for for those who need the last piece form yesterday, or for those who need the set still.

I am THINKING they will do something over the weekend since the story isnt over with yet. That could be the last of the dailies though.