Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Yesterday we had an issue in raid where one member switched characters. After that both of his characters showed in the DPS table and raid members (for the char he was on earlier it kept his previous DPS). He restarted the parser, but the problem persisted.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday we had an issue in raid where one member switched characters. After that both of his characters showed in the DPS table and raid members (for the char he was on earlier it kept his previous DPS). He restarted the parser, but the problem persisted.

The way this is designed to work is that the old character's raid membership will timeout after 30 seconds. You will see that character drop off the raid member list at this time. The old character's combat data will be kept until a new fight is started.

I have tested this using the current client and I am unable to replicate any behavior that is different that the above. That said, I have made a change in the next release to detect when a character change has occurred and will manually disconnect the old character. However, the old characters combat data will remain until a new fight is started because the data is still relevant.

My team also switched to using parsec and its been great.

Only problem i have with it is that it doesnt work when streaming. Im using OBS and twitch and when i select the raid dps window it just shows a black square on the left side of the screen.

I am aware of this issue and have run into roadblocks with OBS limitations. I have posted a thread on their forum and I will see what comes of it.

Awesome software, but some times I see difference in DPS results between this and Torparser/Mox ?

One thing that would be awesome, but dunno if its possible is to have groups inside the same Raid group?

Like our guild is using 1 Raid group, it would be nice if it could arrange so people doing 1 operation doesnt get mixed up with other people doing a flashpoint or another operation

Awesome software, but some times I see difference in DPS results between this and Torparser/Mox ?

One thing that would be awesome, but dunno if its possible is to have groups inside the same Raid group?

Like our guild is using 1 Raid group, it would be nice if it could arrange so people doing 1 operation doesnt get mixed up with other people doing a flashpoint or another operation

The difference is most likely the way PARSEC designates the combat end event. Since the Combat End Event is many times printed in the log file out of order with the killing blows of a fight PARSEC opens a window to capture combat for 1 second after a combat end event is found. This results in more accurate results more often.

As for groups inside raid groups, the intent of the design was that raiders can create as many groups as they need to support their activities. I envisioned guilds having several Raid Groups that they can use and they all can share a password. For example you could create MyGuild 1, MyGuild 2 both with passwords GuildPass.

My raid group has been using this for a week or so, here some of our thoughts.

First, we like bars; they are purdy...can we get bars? Second, special characters are not handled very well and result in an WingDing character or something.

An issue that I have run into is sometimes overlays will adjust themselves in terms of size. I am noticing this most only with HPS. Like it doesn't remember from fight to fight what the magnification was set to, or just erroneously re-sizes the available frame.

While I don't have a solution for dealing with bandwidth or other problems that would arise, but I miss the implementation of having full raid data within the client, i think it was swMONITOR that did it. To parrot what others have said, I'd like to be able to drill down on raid member's abilities to find out anything that's going wrong; preferably without having to upload it TorParse. I understand that passing off only the "numbers" keeps your bandwidth down and makes the updates faster -- so I don't have any suggestions towards this end.

Overall, we like the ease of use and simple setup. We especially like the stability of it -- having it not crash is awesome!

Nothing really big to add, just wanted to pop in and say I'm loving the work you've put into this. As someone who often views parsers as a necessary evil, I actually enjoy this one. The whole thing is extremely simple to use, and I'd recommend it to anyone. The fact that the overlay tabs actually remains as an overlay after tabbing out is just a huge bonus for me, since it was one of the most annoying things about MoX and ToRParse when they'd fall to the background any time I wanted to look up something else.

As a guild we've joined the parsec gang, really liking the software so far.

One thing we'd really like to see alongside the individual fight break down is an overall raid stats page also. It wouldn't necessarily need to be as detailed as the individual fight break downs, perhaps just simply the information already displayed on the raid tab (ie Overall DPS, HPS, TPS etc for the entire session).

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I haven't been through the entire thread. If this is already in there somewhere and we've just missed it then please feel free to point the way :)

<Chosen> has officially picked this up! We're liking it for the most part :).

A few comments:

- Still seeing issues with stealth classes, especially with their own views.

- Several fights show the DPS/TPS/HPS numbers continually going down. This has the unfortunate side effect of having it appear like raiders are under-performing when they may be doing just fine.

- A lot of times I see that my main 'raid' tab has become blank (usually 1 player in the group with all 0's) and I go to the drop down to try and go back to the last fight. When I do so, all I see is current fight at the bottom and the fight before the last fight 2nd to bottom. It is as if the parser considers us still to be in the 'current fight' but for some reason the stats have been blanked. It's possible that this was caused by players logging into alts without leaving parsec or switching instances/planets, not sure.

- When a player leaves the parser, their stats leave with them. This makes it difficult for officers to analyze the performance of the raid at their convenience. MoX provides this online, but I see no reason why the client couldn't just hold on to the raid numbers for later.

- It would be great to have the fight selection drop down able to just say the boss name that we're on like Torparse does...many fights have 10-20 different enemies in them and the boss isn't even listed first in many cases

Thanks for you hard work!

Despite one of previous patches was suppoed to fix this, it still does reset during operation when scoundrels steath to throw a Shoot First. Apart from this, working great

I just logged on and tested this via my scoundrel and the ship dummy. The issue your scoundrels are seeing is most likely that their dot ticks while they are out of combat from the stealth Disappearing act. This tick throws an enter combat event, then another exit combat event occurs which resets the fight. I will look into a fix.

I'd switch to this from MOX if I could figure out how to make it display properly in OBS while I'm streaming. If anyone knows, I'd love to hear how.

I have looked into this and found that OBS has a bug when streaming .net WPF applications using "Window Capture". I have reported this on the OBS forum and I have a solution in place when they fix the bug.

I know the performance is rough but it does work in OBS when using "Monitor Capture"

I have looked into this and found that OBS has a bug when streaming .net WPF applications using "Window Capture". I have reported this on the OBS forum and I have a solution in place when they fix the bug.

I know the performance is rough but it does work in OBS when using "Monitor Capture"

Monitor capture is, unfortunately, not a good solution for me. Will eagerly switch when OBS fixes that issue.

Started using Parsec about a week ago and it's a very nice tool:) I especially like that it's an easy and quick way to detailed information about dmg taken, the dmg types and such. However I noticed that defense related things(dodge, deflected and similair) is bundle together with ressist. Could you split it into a seperate column?

It would be very nice because that way it would be easier to see which attacks are f/t. Even better would be if f/t attacks could have a seperate color, but I guess that's not possible due to how the f/t attacks in logs work?

Started using Parsec about a week ago and it's a very nice tool:) I especially like that it's an easy and quick way to detailed information about dmg taken, the dmg types and such. However I noticed that defense related things(dodge, deflected and similair) is bundle together with ressist. Could you split it into a seperate column?

It would be very nice because that way it would be easier to see which attacks are f/t. Even better would be if f/t attacks could have a seperate color, but I guess that's not possible due to how the f/t attacks in logs work?

Unfortunately, the log files have some limitations when it comes to damage types and attack types. First, log files do not specify ranged/melee vs force/tech. Second, if an attack is avoided its damage type is not reported in the log. These limitations along with the complexity of the mitigation rules make it impossible to accurately display mitigation in seperate buckets.

With this in mind, i designed parsec to display total mitigation rates like this:

Avoided attacks / all attacks

Shielded attacks / all attacks

As a tank myself i find these statistics usefull in determining my performance and gear effectiveness even though they are not ideal.

It is possible to build a database of attacks and their attack type based on mitigation results over time, but this is more work than it is worth since it would be useless on new content.

Edited by Docmal

Unfortunately, the log files have some limitations when it comes to damage types and attack types. First, log files do not specify ranged/melee vs force/tech. Second, if an attack is avoided its damage type is not reported in the log. These limitations along with the complexity of the mitigation rules make it impossible to accurately display mitigation in seperate buckets.

With this in mind, i designed parsec to display total mitigation rates like this:

Avoided attacks / all attacks

Shielded attacks / all attacks

As a tank myself i find these statistics usefull in determining my performance and gear effectiveness even though they are not ideal.

It is possible to build a database of attacks and their attack type based on mitigation results over time, but this is more work than it is worth since it would be useless on new content.

Yeah I guessed that it wasn't possible to split on the f/t attacks. I looked a bit in my logs and it says ressist when ressited so it should be possible to split out the resists from the defence related.

For the f/t and m/r and i/e attack types i can provide information for tfb nim (i didn't have time to do the same for sv nim so far), as i was doing the tank numbers for tfb nim.

When you see mistakes, please correct me (some attacks are quite rare, so then it's difficult to determine the attack type sometimes as i then don't have a large size of samples, but i think everything should be more or less correct).

Here is the database for tfb nim :) :

- TWH:

-TWH:

m/r attacks:

Melee Attack

f/t attacks:

Angry Spittle:

Nasty Bite:

Corrosive Slime:

- Jealous Male:

m/r:

Flurry

Sting:

f/t:

Nasty Bite

-Twisted Spawns:

m/r:

Chomp

Flurry

Sting

i/e:

Acidic Corrosion

-Dread Guards:

-Heirad:

f/t:

Empowered Barrier

Overload

i/e:

Force Lightning

Surging Chain

Lightning Field

-Ciphas:

m/r:

Battering Assault

Obliterate

Sweeping Slash

f/t:

Gore

Pummel

i/e:

Bleeding:

-Kel'sara:

m/r:

Voltaic Slash

Saber Strike

f/t:

Withering Terror

Force Scream

Overload

Crushed

Pulverizing Darkness

i/e:

Discharge

Force Leech

Vitality Extraction

-Dread Guards Adds:

m/r:

Saber Strike

f/t

Assault

Smash

i/e

Mass Affliction

-Op9:

-Regulator and Recognizer have 100% m/r attacks

-Operator 9:

m/r:

Disinfection:

Rang. Att.

f/t:

Corrupted AI

Black Obtuse

-Kephess:

Kephess:

m/r:

Power Punch

f/t:

Wrist Laser

Fury of the Masters:

Overcharge:

Earthquake

i/e:

Corrupted Nanites:

Hypergate Void:

Radioactive Emission:

Energy Disortion:

f/t:

Volatile Energy:

Pulsating Energy:

-Terror from Beyond:

Tunneling Tentacle:

m/r:

Slap

f/t:

Slam

TFB Phase:

m/r:

Monsterous Swipe

f/t:

Thail Whip

Devastating Slam

Phasic Spittle

i/e:

Phasic Spit Pool:

Scream

Hypergate Instability

Acid Spit

Edited by THoK-Zeus

-BUG Report-

If you die with a vital shot (unsure if this works with all dots) on a target, you remain in combat until the dot wears off. Which in turn gives a very inaccurate representation of your overall dps until death. I am unsure of how long it kept me in combat but it was about a 7min 30sec Fight and i died at inbetween 6-7min and my dps dropped from ~2100 to ~1800. Hope this information helps. if you need a log then let me know.

Thanks,

Finalslinger <Severity Gaming>

Edited by Doubledeath

When program is started and player immediately clicks on "All Fights" it just crashes.

Why does the program must connect to "108.161.188.209" for "Combat Log" to be functional?

Any possibility of a non-MAC skin?

The app only connects to the internet before it starts to check for updates and when you are raiding. It does not connect when you click all fights. I will investigate the crash bug. Also, it is not intended to be a mac skin. It is meant to be clean and simple. I have no plans to make skins.