Censoring in chat

Nordicmania

I have played this game for a day and Ive noticed that the censorship is created by some old lady with flowerhat. Some very very common words like "piss" has been censored.

I mean, comon. This game is for rather big kids after all, age limit is 16+ and I bet theyve heard these words before. No ones gonna have heart attack from reading word "nazi" or "satan" in chat.

You could atleast slack a little and censor only the actual curse words! You know which ones.

Its not nice to read chat full off ******* ** ** ******** ** ****, pretty hard to figure out what someone tried to say.

OR

make it possible to switch mature language filter on and off, like in WoW. Blizzard at least thinks things trough. :|

Great game otherwise, played 13 hours straight after loggin in for the first time.

Preferences>Social, turn the filter off - been there since sometime in the Game Testing Program.

And your so-called "very common word" is more correctly described as "very common profanity".

Edited by Inarai

wait youve played for a day? wel then you should be level 45 and complaining about being bored and there is no end game....

or you should be having 5 toons at levle 28 to 35 and also be complaining about warzone and not being able to play the game due to horrible fps.

why would you complain about the chat filter?

oh for your info the game is rated 13 plus. so thats why the filter is on. a lot of people would rather play this game WITHOUT the disgusting remarks and foul typings of rage kiddies who failed in wow and come here with a chip on the shoulder.

but yeah, you can turn the filter off.

and no you cant close the thread.

have a fun filled day !

What's worse with profanity filter is that it is both english-based and absurd on many points.

i.e, I am french and if I want to say I will be logged in a bit late, I will write :

Je serais conn... ecté en re... tard (without the "..."). The filter will make this "Je serais xxxxx en xxxxxx"

Because [re. tard] which means delay in French is a profanity in english.

And I don't even know why [connect. é] (connected) is considered a profanity.

What's worse with profanity filter is that it is both english-based and absurd on many points.

i.e, I am french and if I want to say I will be logged in a bit late, I will write :

Je serais conn... ecté en re... tard (without the "..."). The filter will make this "Je serais xxxxx en xxxxxx"

Because [re. tard] which means delay in French is a profanity in english.

And I don't even know why [connect. é] (connected) is considered a profanity.

Bioware is still a bit sore after that stunt you guys pulled at Fishguard in 1797

I have played this game for a day and Ive noticed that the censorship is created by some old lady with flowerhat. Some very very common words like "piss" has been censored.

I mean, comon. This game is for rather big kids after all, age limit is 16+ and I bet theyve heard these words before. No ones gonna have heart attack from reading word "nazi" or "satan" in chat.

You could atleast slack a little and censor only the actual curse words! You know which ones.

Its not nice to read chat full off ******* ** ** ******** ** ****, pretty hard to figure out what someone tried to say.

OR

make it possible to switch mature language filter on and off, like in WoW. Blizzard at least thinks things trough. :|

Great game otherwise, played 13 hours straight after loggin in for the first time.

yeah I mean whats the big ****in' deal ***** for ****s sakes what the **** is wrong with a little cursing up in this *****. we all adults ain'ts we?

but the cool thing is you can turn it off, next time browse your options a bit before you make a post like this you *********** ******

personally i keep the censor on, i figure the more **** i see the less i want to talk to the person cause if they can't find a way to express then self without cussing every other word they are probably not worth talking to.

What about creative use of profanity?

Because I've got some words that will knock your ******* socks off, man.

For instance:

You can't see that, but trust me, it's REALLY good. I came up with it when I was drunk and accidentally misspelled the word "cult" in a really weird context. And suddenly, something magical was born.

What about creative use of profanity?

Because I've got some words that will knock your ******* socks off, man.

For instance:

You can't see that, but trust me, it's REALLY good. I came up with it when I was drunk and accidentally misspelled the word "cult" in a really weird context. And suddenly, something magical was born.

see that is not a problem but after seeing lines in chat like this "******* ***** *** mother ****** just ******* ******* "

dropping a f bomb every once in awhile it not bad and in some cases can be funny as hell but when 80% of a chat is nothing but cussing it shows a complete lack in intelligence.