Sniper Rotation 6.1.1 Marksmanship

ufarax

What is the basic Marksmanship rotation minus whatever Tacticals and pretend I don't have any set bonus...because I don't have any. What do I when I start combat...I activate this because it causes this to proc and then I activate this and then that. Pretend I'm 10 years old when you explain it to me. Please help me community you are my only hope.

P.S this rotation is meant for PvE.

"That's it man, game over man, game over"

Your set should be either Precise Targeter or Established Foothold. (EF does more damage, but I use both).

Tactical should be Agitating Energies or B-O Differential Targeting System. I would go with AE first.

Your rotation should be:

Start with Corrosive Dart. Once this is up, you should never have to apply this again if you're using Agitating Energies.

Penetrating Blast --> Sniper Volley --> Followthrough

Snipe --> Snipe --> Followthrough

Ambush --> Followthrough

Repeat minus Sniper Volley till it's off CD

Couple things to remember:

Sometimes you can sneak an extra Snipe in before Ambush before Ambush comes off CD.

Drop Entrench any time you're about to start your Penetrating Blast rotation. Extra damage comes from using Established Foothold if you grabbed this set. Make sure you take the talent that lowers the CD on Entrench.

Laze Target should be used before Ambush, but it's off the global CD so you can fit it in anywhere before Ambush. LT makes Ambush an autocrit.

Target Acquired should be used any time it's off CD. It speeds up your Alacrity so you can shoot stuff faster.

There are other things to consider like when to use an adrenal, when to use Orbital Strike, what the opener should be when fighting a raid boss, etc.

This is for PVE, btw. PVP is an altogether different thing. I would practice this before trying to figure out what to do in PVP.

Hope this helps.

Your set should be either Precise Targeter or Established Foothold. (EF does more damage, but I use both).

Tactical should be Agitating Energies or B-O Differential Targeting System. I would go with AE first.

Your rotation should be:

Start with Corrosive Dart. Once this is up, you should never have to apply this again if you're using Agitating Energies.

Ambush --> Followthrough

Sometimes you can sneak an extra Snipe in before Ambush before Ambush comes off CD.

Drop Entrench any time you're about to start your Penetrating Blast rotation. Extra damage comes from using Established Foothold if you grabbed this set. Make sure you take the talent that lowers the CD on Entrench.

Laze Target should be used before Ambush, but it's off the global CD so you can fit it in anywhere before Ambush. LT makes Ambush an autocrit.

Target Acquired should be used any time it's off CD. It speeds up your Alacrity so you can shoot stuff faster.

There are other things to consider like when to use an adrenal, when to use Orbital Strike, what the opener should be when fighting a raid boss, etc.

This is for PVE, btw. PVP is an altogether different thing. I would practice this before trying to figure out what to do in PVP.

Hope this helps.

Just curious, why aren't you using the 2nd Penetrating blast you get when you use Sniper Volley? by the time your rotation is done Penetrating blast would be off CD naturally, so in the case of this rotation your not taking advantage of it at all.

Just curious, why aren't you using the 2nd Penetrating blast you get when you use Sniper Volley? by the time your rotation is done Penetrating blast would be off CD naturally, so in the case of this rotation your not taking advantage of it at all.

I'm sorry, you do. I forgot to put that in. Sniper Volley by itself is pointless without a second Penetrating Blast.

So:

Penetrating Blast --> Sniper Volley --> Penetrating Blast --> Followthrough

Edited by wilygrayfox

• 2 weeks later...

Your rotation should be:

Ambush --> Followthrough

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the advice.