Taral V and final boss

Yay, now if just they'd make the rest of the bosses unskipable.

I do not think they intend to make all current bosses in flashpoints mandatory, however.....

I do think we will see a significant designchange in future flashpoints to make them harder to skip trash and bosses.

Anyway, this change is a big proof they listen to the community and that is a good thing.

Edited by Icestar

I do not think they intend to make all current bosses in flashpoints mandatory, however.....

I do think we will see a significant designchange in future flashpoints to make them harder to skip trash and bosses.

Anyway, this change is a big proof they listen to the community and that is a good thing.

Again, proof that they listen to *some* of the community. Some of us were quite content to keep skipping him.

Again, proof that they listen to *some* of the community. Some of us were quite content to keep skipping him.

Yes I know, many players refused those that needed columni gloves the chance by default.

Now everyone has to spend those 2 extra minutes killing the boss however they like it or not.

Considering the 2 most recent HMs it's impossible to skip *any* of the bosses and there are only a couple trash packs you can skip whatsoever, it's not really a "design change"; they've already changed the basic design paradigm. The only reason they're not changing all of the previous ones is because it would be a lot of work and wouldn't really do much good (esp. since most people would agree that, if you do all of the trash in Taral V or BoI, it takes *way* longer than the others due to the sheer length of the place and number of trash packs).

Considering the 2 most recent HMs it's impossible to skip *any* of the bosses and there are only a couple trash packs you can skip whatsoever, it's not really a "design change"; they've already changed the basic design paradigm. The only reason they're not changing all of the previous ones is because it would be a lot of work and wouldn't really do much good (esp. since most people would agree that, if you do all of the trash in Taral V or BoI, it takes *way* longer than the others due to the sheer length of the place and number of trash packs).

By design change I mainly mean that we will not see the "old school" way of constructing flashpoints ever again.

You are correct that they have already understood this factor since the 2 recent HMs.

My thread is simply a great appreciation of Bioware changing something that has been discussed alot on the forum

Maybe it is just coincidence, but Taral V is bugging on Jedi Covenant after the convo with Kilran after killing the droid such that the door to the outside closes and locks yet the doors to the rest of the base stays closed and locked, thus making it impossible to continue and complete the Flashpoint.

Our group tried resetting and had the same thing happen the second time, and comments in general chat in Taral V had other groups saying they were experiencing the same problem.

My thread is simply a great appreciation of Bioware changing something that has been discussed alot on the forum

Considering they did nothing to change the fact that you can skip *every other boss* in Taral V or all of the skippable trash so that it didn't really address the general vein of your previous thread ("omg nothing should be skippable"), I would have to say that the developers didn't really address it because of all of the player complaints about bosses being skippable. If they had, they would have made it so that *no* bosses could be skipped.

As such, it probably something more to do either with the fact that Boarding Party (the Imp side Taral V equivalent) doesn't allow you to skip the final boss and, as such, parity to some extent was required, or a general design concern that, while intermittent bosses should be skippable if desired, the final boss should never be. I highly doubt the player ruckus did anything to change their minds as much as it just brought up the fact that you could skip General Edikar by causing him to tether.

As such, it probably something more to do either with the fact that Boarding Party (the Imp side Taral V equivalent) doesn't allow you to skip the final boss and, as such, parity to some extent was required, or a general design concern that, while intermittent bosses should be skippable if desired, the final boss should never be. I highly doubt the player ruckus did anything to change their minds as much as it just brought up the fact that you could skip General Edikar by causing him to tether.

Which is stupid because Black Talon is far more easier AND shorter than Esseles. OMG MAKE ESSELES EASIER PLEASE! QQ!

Considering they did nothing to change the fact that you can skip *every other boss* in Taral V or all of the skippable trash so that it didn't really address the general vein of your previous thread.

You confuse me with the entire community. The threads I start and what the community discuss are entirely different.

I however did take a big part in the discussions why the final boss in Taral V should NOT be skipped, but that was in a thread not started by me.

I am simply happy that things we discuss here on the forum end up in the patchnotes :tran_cool:

Edited by Icestar

Thank you BioWare! This certainly is a major step to the right direction :) I still think every major boss shouldn't be skippable in the Flashpoints but atleast now people have to kill every end boss. Hopefully we will see more flashpoints in the future without skippable bosses.

I'm, of course, feeling sorry for the people who now has to actually spend some time to kill things while doing Taral V as completing the FP now takes few minutes longer. That must be nearly the end of the world for some people :D;)

Maybe it is just coincidence, but Taral V is bugging on Jedi Covenant after the convo with Kilran after killing the droid such that the door to the outside closes and locks yet the doors to the rest of the base stays closed and locked, thus making it impossible to continue and complete the Flashpoint.

Our group tried resetting and had the same thing happen the second time, and comments in general chat in Taral V had other groups saying they were experiencing the same problem.

I did it twice tonight and had this problem. Pretty sure it is bugged now.

Considering they did nothing to change the fact that you can skip *every other boss* in Taral V or all of the skippable trash so that it didn't really address the general vein of your previous thread ("omg nothing should be skippable"), I would have to say that the developers didn't really address it because of all of the player complaints about bosses being skippable. If they had, they would have made it so that *no* bosses could be skipped.

As far as I'm aware, intermittent bosses aren't really skippable in Boarding Party so the same principle should apply to Taral V as well. Then again, you can skip the first boss in the Foundry but can't skip any of them in Maelstrom Prison.