2.0 DPS Leaderboard (v2)

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 8m its more about did you get lost in sand and if so how far out? lots of downtime even if you are straifing the rats on you with explosives and instants on the run back to the group.

I did get lost, you can see the time i did 0 dps for 31 seconds.

Time to give Pyrotech some love...I played around with several 'hybrid' specs but I score highest with full pyro

Pizza'dah'hutt: Mercenary Pyrotech 2/8/36 - 3035.35

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/370492/time/1375681606/1375681950/0/Damage+Dealt

*The gear to follow is my current gear with full buffs and stimmed.

Current Talent Build: 2/8/36

75 MH, 75 OH

KD Relic of Serendipitous Assault & KD Relic of Boundless Ages

Various 75 armorings/mods/enhances & Shadowed Earpiece

4pc KD Eliminator Set Bonus

Aim= 3558

Acc= 402 (99.60% / 109.60% Tech)

Power= 1032

Crit= 394 (35.15% / 32.68% Tech)

Surge= 423 (71.83%)

Edited by odawgg

Time to give Pyrotech some love...I played around with several 'hybrid' specs but I score highest with full pyro

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/370492/time/1375681606/1375681950/0/Damage+Dealt

*The gear to follow is my current gear with full buffs and stimmed.

Current Talent Build: 2/8/36

75 MH, 75 OH

KD Relic of Serendipitous Assault & KD Relic of Boundless Ages

Various 75 armorings/mods/enhances & Shadowed Earpiece

4pc KD Eliminator Set Bonus

Aim= 3558

Acc= 402 (99.60% / 109.60% Tech)

Power= 1032

Crit= 394 (35.15% / 32.68% Tech)

Surge= 423 (71.83%)

Would you rather I keep your Arsenal parse up or this Pyro one?

Would you rather I keep your Arsenal parse up or this Pyro one?

Well if I can only keep one, keep Arsenal...I guess I assumed since it was 2 different specs they could both be represented?

Edited by odawgg

Well if I can only keep one, keep Arsenal...I guess I assumed since it was 2 different specs they could both be represented?

By request, yes. I discussed this with a few people and we agreed we'd get a lot more complaints than would be worth it.

Though, a few have voiced it and if there's enough interest there's the possibility of making my reserved post one for honorable mentions.

Edited by Falver

By request, yes. I discussed this with a few people and we agreed we'd get a lot more complaints than would be worth it.

Though, a few have voiced it and if there's enough interest there's the possibility of making my reserved post one for honorable mentions.

lol no complaints here, do as you wish :) honorable mention would be cool too

Edited by odawgg

yeah i mean its extra job, but wouldnt hurt to have like top 5... and top 1 from other spec, honorable mention, if thats what u want to do, but its your job so its whatever u want to do, it is fine as it is now :)

How much was it calculated that the armor debuff would add to dps again?

If it's more than 4-5%, this would actually represent higher boss damage than your best arsenal parse...

If it's more than 4-5%, this would actually represent higher boss damage than your best arsenal parse...

you are not considering that he has 4 Elemental Buffs for 30% dmg buff under 30% hp (radiation burns, Thermal, Incendiary, Cylinder) which would add more dmg than you think, since its Base DMG buff to an ability you using already, and not a different attack that Waste a GCD (like Takedown / vicious slash, even if it hits harder, its taking other spell GCD in the way, so its an execute, not a buff).

Gonna have to get Gyro on that :) but yeah, I agree it's promising... Granted my arsenal parse was with 72 MH, but ironically haven't beaten my best since receiving the 75 MH :/ More importantly is I feel my 'average' dps with Pyro when I did some extended parses... They are even closer to my extended arsenal parses... Which would definitely make it better in raid (for a fair amount of fights anyway) than arsenal... I'm pretty excited to try it out this week in NiMs.

I started finding a really nice rotation /rhythm, I gotta say the Pyro spec has a really nice 'feel' IMO, the procs are more reliable and uses more instants so is nice for fights where you need more available movement GCDs (thrasher comes to mind)... I basically procing rail shots and rotating different fillers between procs. If you disect my parse enough you'll see a lot of patterns basically resembling a set rotation rather than a priority system like arsenal. I'm digging it, still learning

Idd. Honorable mention would also show that Pyro isnt to far behind arsenal. I see that the parse of Pizza is very nice and it would even make it to the top 5.

I can see though why you dont want the same person twice

you are not considering that he has 4 Elemental Buffs for 30% dmg buff under 30% hp (radiation burns, Thermal, Incendiary, Cylinder) which would add more dmg than you think, since its Base DMG buff to an ability you using already, and not a different attack that Waste a GCD (like Takedown / vicious slash, even if it hits harder, its taking other spell GCD in the way, so its an execute, not a buff).

Didn't count that because I don't know the spec well enough to know what abilities the tree has, I just knew for sure there was no armor debuff there...

@odawgg: It sounds sweet for sure. When are you writing a guide on it? ;)

Gonna have to get Gyro on that :) but yeah, I agree it's promising... Granted my arsenal parse was with 72 MH, but ironically haven't beaten my best since receiving the 75 MH :/ More importantly is I feel my 'average' dps with Pyro when I did some extended parses... They are even closer to my extended arsenal parses... Which would definitely make it better in raid (for a fair amount of fights anyway) than arsenal... I'm pretty excited to try it out this week in NiMs.

I started finding a really nice rotation /rhythm, I gotta say the Pyro spec has a really nice 'feel' IMO, the procs are more reliable and uses more instants so is nice for fights where you need more available movement GCDs (thrasher comes to mind)... I basically procing rail shots and rotating different fillers between procs. If you disect my parse enough you'll see a lot of patterns basically resembling a set rotation rather than a priority system like arsenal. I'm digging it, still learning

ive Done a few parses with my Brothers Merc, where my AVG pyro gets to 2650-2700 (undergeared of course) and my AVG Arsenal is 2600 - 2800 depending on procs (most of the time rounding 2600)... i found better DPS execution with 2 points in Vent heat instead of Critical chance from mid tree, also limiting Fusion missile to under 30% only since no where in pyro spec fusion missile gets a "Buff" and normally its more worth to use TSO with Incendiary than fusion.. its also better to drop Rail shot after an unload proc (cylinder proc) or if you know you will be wasting a rapid shot GCD, do it before rail shot to try to proc cylinder (rail shot will always refresh Cylinder, including 1st tick so its never a dps lost), instead of after, after all, rail shot proc is 6 seconds after Proc, not use, so RS proc its not necessary to use on right away (hope i am not wrong on that).

Cant say i am a merc expert, but i can do some decent rotation with it and played with it a lot to test, so if u want to try that go ahead, pretty sure u already now it all, i actually told our BH to try it, since i felt like Pyro might be Mercs answer to buff some dps in certain fights, less RNG, steady rotation, better on movement, under 30% burn, if you have another armor red. in your team, its worth the try.

ive Done a few parses with my Brothers Merc, where my AVG pyro gets to 2650-2700 (undergeared of course) and my AVG Arsenal is 2600 - 2800 depending on procs (most of the time rounding 2600)... i found better DPS execution with 2 points in Vent heat instead of Critical chance from mid tree, also limiting Fusion missile to under 30% only since no where in pyro spec fusion missile gets a "Buff" and normally its more worth to use TSO with Incendiary than fusion.. its also better to drop Rail shot after an unload proc (cylinder proc) or if you know you will be wasting a rapid shot GCD, do it before rail shot to try to proc cylinder (rail shot will always refresh Cylinder, including 1st tick so its never a dps lost), instead of after, after all, rail shot proc is 6 seconds after Proc, not use, so RS proc its not necessary to use on right away (hope i am not wrong on that).

Cant say i am a merc expert, but i can do some decent rotation with it and played with it a lot to test, so if u want to try that go ahead, pretty sure u already now it all, i actually told our BH to try it, since i felt like Pyro might be Mercs answer to buff some dps in certain fights, less RNG, steady rotation, better on movement, under 30% burn, if you have another armor red. in your team, its worth the try.

Thx for the tips....I'll keep all that in mind for further testing :)

*Posting an AMR profile is not required but highly valued. An AMR profile will be required for all parses submitted after 8/11/13. Parses sent before then will not require them but is encouraged to be updated with one.

Rules updated. Previous parses will not need them (for various reasons).

Pyro'n - Powertech - Hybrid - 8-22-16 - 2782.57

http://www.torparse.com/a/369399/time/1375636532/1375636889/0/Damage+Dealt

edit: link croped

PVE set bonus, stimed, 72 gear

btw. is it possible to get more out of this set without any 75 item? i wonder how to reach this 3000 DPS.

Yes it's possible. I have no 75 pieces at all on my VG, full 72s with a relic I'm going to swap (DG clicky for DG proc) and UW SA and I manage to get closer to 3000 (currently 2900-ish), I just keep effing up =P.

Someone called?

I have made a calculator specifically for Pyro which does recognise the following:

Armour pen on Railshot

Armour pen on Unload

Armour debuff on all kinetic and energy attacks even if they already have armour pen.

Sub30 effect on all elemental DoT except Fusion Missiles Radiation Burns which are NOT affected.

Can't just stick a whole dps number in, need to log values for every differently calculated attack.

Anyway due to rounding issues it starts with 3042dps from your log

3178 with a 20% armour debuff

3223 with a 20% armour debuff and a target which dies

I can't compete I'm afraid, not even looked into NiM, too many things interfering :(

Someone called?

I can't compete I'm afraid, not even looked into NiM, too many things interfering :(

Excellent, thank you for calculating that out for me! So in this case about 6% boost in total...hopefully we bring a jugg tank this week in my group, otherwise I'm gonna force a sniper to shatter shot :D I'll start with TFB, I don't have the cahones to try a new spec in SV NiM yet while we're still fishing for the title.

Edited by odawgg

*** is wrong with pt/assassin and why do ranged dps parse as high or higher than 4 meter class... lolsniper, nice attempt at balance bioware...

Devs play snipers. Thought that was obvious already. It's why they get roll; to roll back when knocked back, resists during the roll etc etc could go on forever. And in pvp devs don't want to get facerolled by assassins. They literally put assassins to the ground, both tank and DPS.

Anyway, there's your reason why =P.

Someone called?

I have made a calculator specifically for Pyro which does recognise the following:

Armour pen on Railshot

Armour pen on Unload

Armour debuff on all kinetic and energy attacks even if they already have armour pen.

Sub30 effect on all elemental DoT except Fusion Missiles Radiation Burns which are NOT affected.

Can't just stick a whole dps number in, need to log values for every differently calculated attack.

So your Odawgg's best pyro parse beats out his best arsenal parse with roughly 80dps in real world scenarios. In a spec he's not as used to... Maybe Pyro is way better off than we all thought.

It's going to be bad on Styrak I guess, but other than that it seems interesting.