Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech changes take two

Cuiwe
11.14.2017 , 07:49 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KainrycKarr View Post
This is ridiculous.

This whole "take away melee abilities and make it longer ranged" is dumb. If I want to play a ranged class, I'll play merc. The only reason I play PT is because of rocket punch and retractable blade.

Want PT to be melee-ish range, Bioware? Cool, fine with me. It just needs some more defensive tools to survive in that range. That's all. A "leave me alone" button and some stun protection will do that.

My ideas?

For AP? 6% flat DR and increase Sonic missile defense to 50%. This doesn't change a lot - just makes that 6% DR box worth a damn, and makes sonic defense a more dependable tool than a "boy i hope im lucky" ability.

For Pyro? Make Kolto last 2 seconds longer and go up to 50%. Innate 30% AOE DR. Pyro's defense is based around a strengthened kolto (30% DR when in use and a CD reduction on damage taken passive). This plays into what Pyro is already based around.

Shield Tech? Make translocate a mobile 2 second cast. Increase oil slick back to it's original value. Other than that, the spec is already pretty solid both in durability and in damage.

Swap damage values of firestorm with Pyro's buffed searing wave. (Tank should not be cleaving harder than the DPS spec)

Instead of Hitman increasing AOE DR by 30% for the DPS specs, it grants immunity to stuns for the first six seconds of hydraulic overrides for the DPS specs, but tank spec still just gets 30% stun DR. (4 second increase utility does not increase this duration) This makes HO far more useful and valuable as a tool as it makes us less vulnerable to stun lock to compensate for loss of stun DR.

Return "Shield Cannon" to 5% health per missile (current is 3) and return shoulder cannon to 1 second Internal CD (current is 1.5) This isn't a massive change, but makes this utility far more worthy of it's place in the Legendary tier. It also provides a small boost to our single target DPS in pve without making a large difference in PVP and makes the heal a little more solid and fast-acting.

Add some new minor DCD that increases your damage reduction by 20% for 10 seconds. 32% Base DR for DPS specs + 6.4% (32 x .2)= 38%ish total. This isn't a massive DCD, but it does add a little more oomph to our survivability when stuck in 10 meter range by allowing us to maximize the usage of HO and making us a bit beefier when sitting in the range of jugs and maras.

While each individual thing isn't massive on it's own, it all adds up to play into the PT's design philosophy of a highly mobile, 10 meter bruiser by playing into each spec's strength a bit more.
You only play it because of Rocket / Gut? Eh...?

I can use that line of thinking too. I only play Plasma / Pyro(and Shields due to how heavy they are on this) because of a lot of plasma / laser / electric / fire abilities. Tactics / AP doesn't interest me much.

But I wouldn't play only because of that. It has to fit the character, it has to be fun to use and it mustn't come into a conflict with similar, yet more effective discipline(say, the concept of AP vs the concept of IO, very similar).

Also, concerning Shieldtech Flamethrower and Pyrotech Flamethrower, if the values were to be swapped(a tank really shouldn't cleave harder than an actual DPS), the Shield would get reimbursed if it were up to me. The problem is in Flame / Pulse Engine. It used to halve channel time + allow to be used on the move, but with the instant cast rework...it had to get reworked too. So it got +100% damage buff. Which broke the ability. It used to be that Firestorm was ~ to buffed Flamethrower(slightly more powerful, some 10-15%, but that was overriden with dps AMEs).

Still, Pyro should have a more powerful FT because a Tank that cleaves, well, the hardest in game(I think)...lol no. Doesn't make any sense. If they must cleave as hard, at the very least put Fire / Ion storm on level 28(or whatever it is, second skill slot). So people can have awesome fun while leveling(Free Fire Bursts / Sweeps + super powerful FT...).
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

tavrinDosa
11.14.2017 , 05:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
You only play it because of Rocket / Gut? Eh...?

I can use that line of thinking too. I only play Plasma / Pyro(and Shields due to how heavy they are on this) because of a lot of plasma / laser / electric / fire abilities. Tactics / AP doesn't interest me much.

But I wouldn't play only because of that. It has to fit the character, it has to be fun to use and it mustn't come into a conflict with similar, yet more effective discipline(say, the concept of AP vs the concept of IO, very similar).

Also, concerning Shieldtech Flamethrower and Pyrotech Flamethrower, if the values were to be swapped(a tank really shouldn't cleave harder than an actual DPS), the Shield would get reimbursed if it were up to me. The problem is in Flame / Pulse Engine. It used to halve channel time + allow to be used on the move, but with the instant cast rework...it had to get reworked too. So it got +100% damage buff. Which broke the ability. It used to be that Firestorm was ~ to buffed Flamethrower(slightly more powerful, some 10-15%, but that was overriden with dps AMEs).

Still, Pyro should have a more powerful FT because a Tank that cleaves, well, the hardest in game(I think)...lol no. Doesn't make any sense. If they must cleave as hard, at the very least put Fire / Ion storm on level 28(or whatever it is, second skill slot). So people can have awesome fun while leveling(Free Fire Bursts / Sweeps + super powerful FT...).
If you played PT before it was nerfed, it was a beautiful mid-range class that had insane burst potential close range, while being able to keep a decent sustain up while kiting to mitigate dmg from melee classes. They nerfed the range, which made apparent a severe deficit in defensive cool downs. Pre range nerf, tankier powertech, would make the classes borderline perfectly balanced with this current meta

Cuiwe
11.17.2017 , 03:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by tavrinDosa View Post
If you played PT before it was nerfed, it was a beautiful mid-range class that had insane burst potential close range, while being able to keep a decent sustain up while kiting to mitigate dmg from melee classes. They nerfed the range, which made apparent a severe deficit in defensive cool downs. Pre range nerf, tankier powertech, would make the classes borderline perfectly balanced with this current meta
Yeah I did. Not only Powerguard, but also Sentinel too.

...it's haunting tbh. Getting Zen procs like crazy on level 16(take 3 pts into Valor ASAP) and having awesome fun with Combat / Concentration.
Likewise for Powerguard. I remember the glory days of it, when the average range was like 20. When we used to have Unload / Full Auto.

I can't...I just can't. Those memories are haunting!
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

TalonVII
11.21.2017 , 08:23 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by egriz View Post
The only reason why I wrote about PVP is because I was absolutely sure you wanted a ranged gut for PVP.
If you do PVE and do not close the gap and use rocket punch, you are constantly losing dps!

Your filler skill is Magnetic blast/Tactical surge, right? This is what you use when you can still afford to spend energy, but the heavy-hitter skills are on cd.
Now with your set bonus, rocket punch is cheaper than Magnetic blast/Tactical surge, it has higher damage, applies an armor debuff and has an extra 5% crit chance compared to it. This means that whenever you can use rocket punch, but you use your filler instead, you are doing less damage than you should.

I'm sure you will agree that as a dps/dd your main 'purpose' / your first priority is doing as much damage as possible. So don't be afraid of the NPCs, move into close range, use rocker punch frequently and forget about that 10m gut!
It's not that I am afraid, it cuts down on mobility if I have to continually close in to reapply rocket punch. Granted I do it, I just find it annoying as hell.

And as someone else said reason I hate gut is once again I HAVE to close into apply it to begin with where it could be replaced with something that can be applied at 10m range and then run through my rotation.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

TalonVII
11.21.2017 , 08:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by tavrinDosa View Post
God I miss that. I mean hell I'm trying to find a compromise with a 10m ranged AP to get a bit of the balanced glory days back.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

TalonVII
11.21.2017 , 08:31 AM | #16
Oh and I've been playing pyro a bit and I think I know where the issues are.
Flame burst and Flame sweep in pyro, heat cost is too high at 15. Needs to drop to between 8-10.
And the reload times on Immolate, Rail shot and Searing wave in pyro are way too long. Need to drop down to 8-10 seconds. That's for offensive abilities. Defensive well, I don't know really besides Kolto overload being of better use and I still bring up my idea to make Fusion Missile a straight up Bounty Hunter ability instead of just Merc.
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

K_Diezel
12.05.2017 , 01:11 PM | #17
Just give Kainryc a .357 so he can be just as bad *** as he is in RL

Check out his video!
https://youtu.be/_s0ubsjPJ94