Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why does Powertech even have a gun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Why does Powertech even have a gun?

Calamar
01.02.2018 , 09:28 AM | #1
I've been gone for about two years and when I came back I noticed a lot of changes notably 2 new abilities, Energy Burst and Shatter Slug. The descriptions of these sound like they would use your pistol so I admit I was a little excited as we lost unload and only have Rapid Shots as a pistol ability. I was disappointed to find out that SS fires from your wrist and EB is just a recolored Magnetic Blast. I get that the BH is supposed to have a lot of gadgets in his armor but this all in one wrist weapon is getting ridiculous. It feels like all of my attacks are the same animation we need a little something to break it up. We need more attacks that use our fancy pistol.

omaan
01.02.2018 , 10:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Calamar View Post
I've been gone for about two years and when I came back I noticed a lot of changes notably 2 new abilities, Energy Burst and Shatter Slug. The descriptions of these sound like they would use your pistol so I admit I was a little excited as we lost unload and only have Rapid Shots as a pistol ability. I was disappointed to find out that SS fires from your wrist and EB is just a recolored Magnetic Blast. I get that the BH is supposed to have a lot of gadgets in his armor but this all in one wrist weapon is getting ridiculous. It feels like all of my attacks are the same animation we need a little something to break it up. We need more attacks that use our fancy pistol.
Dude... Pt needs far away from ur fancy, outlook changes. Both dps pt specs are useless in all kinds of pvp (including team ranked where only pt tank is viable). The spec is DEAD, and ur writing about useless ability view. No one plays dps pts so who cares?

JLazarillo
01.02.2018 , 11:57 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
Dude... Pt needs far away from ur fancy, outlook changes. Both dps pt specs are useless in all kinds of pvp (including team ranked where only pt tank is viable). The spec is DEAD, and ur writing about useless ability view. No one plays dps pts so who cares?
It's not just a problem for DPS Powertechs. Tanks don't get to use their gun for any major abilities either.