Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Customization suggestions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Character Customization suggestions

TonyTricicolo
09.11.2019 , 04:35 AM | #11
Cybernetics as a feature instead of a species. The ability to have cybernetics and facial hair.
Species/class tattoo unlock after completing class story. I want my Imperial Agent with BH's tigerstripe face paint.
More facial hair options. Various mustaches and beards.
Jewelry for both sexes. Earrings, nose rings, and eyebrow rings with asymmetric choices.
Body type Short and Fat.
Body type Tall and Skinny.
Age slider. Teen, 25, 40, 65, 80.
THE ONE AND ONLY TONY NOVA
ATM Password http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

SteveTheCynic
09.11.2019 , 09:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
Cybernetics as a feature instead of a species.
Do. Not. Touch. Existing. Cyborgs.

I happen to like the way that my main Cyborg commandogirl looks, and her look cannot be reproduced on humans because her face-shape doesn't exist.

Also, anything that involves messing with the sliders is beyond fraught. Example: Open an Appearance Designer kiosk on a Human Female, and watch the sequence of hair slider numbers on the right-hand end. You'll have a bit of a surprise.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

ThaBuzz
09.23.2019 , 07:33 AM | #13
Dye inversion in color matching: Some colors can't be reproduced and some armors don't put the primary/secondary colors where you would expect them to. This feels like a small feature that would go a long way for players.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=dye+inversion

SteveTheCynic
09.23.2019 , 08:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ThaBuzz View Post
Dye inversion in color matching: Some colors can't be reproduced and some armors don't put the primary/secondary colors where you would expect them to. This feels like a small feature that would go a long way for players.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=dye+inversion
It's less obnoxious when the dye you have comes in "forward" and "reverse" variations (e.g. Black and Deep Red // Deep Red and Black), *and* they are both easy to acquire without CCs. (B+DR is crafted using a schematic you can buy from the reputation vendors on Oricon. Not sure about DR+B.) Put the reverse variation on the contrarian armour piece and *don't* unify it (or disunify it using the little toggle by each armour piece).
?REDO FROM START

OlBuzzard
09.23.2019 , 09:46 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The character-appearance option designers of all MMORPGs would do well to look at ESO, GW2 and FF14 for good variations, especially ESO and FF14. (GW2 is plagued a little by the "fixed body types" issue that plagues SWTOR, although there are more body types ("physique options") than in SWTOR.)
I agree !

Add to that list STO (before it went south) it had (still does) one of the best character AND companion customization around. Had they spent as much time with content and ship interiors as they did character and companion customization . I'd probably still be playing that game. (but that's another topic for another day !)
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

ThaBuzz
09.24.2019 , 08:20 AM | #16
It's less obnoxious when the dye you have comes in "forward" and "reverse" variations (e.g. Black and Deep Red // Deep Red and Black), *and* they are both easy to acquire without CCs. (B+DR is crafted using a schematic you can buy from the reputation vendors on Oricon. Not sure about DR+B.) Put the reverse variation on the contrarian armour piece and *don't* unify it (or disunify it using the little toggle by each armour piece).
I agree, but a lot of dyes arn't available in reverse and a lot of the base colors for armors simply don't exist ex: https://i.ibb.co/YfYZPhq/Invert.png
But what really makes this important for me is of how easy this seems to be to implement. Simply add another toggle above the color matching icon we already have and then swap the colors.
if(inverted)
{
temp = primary
primary = secondary
secondary = temp
}
//the end
It's something that bothers me a lot when creating outfits for charcaters and theres a quick way around it which makes it even more annoying.

ThaBuzz
09.24.2019 , 08:40 AM | #17
Weapons in the outfit designer!

How is this not a thing yet! I guess the only thing in the way is the fact that color crystals have stats (which shouldn't have been the case in the first place), but the crystal stats are a drop in the ocean of stats you have at this point.

I'm certain there's a good way for Bioware to repay players who have those legacy unlocked and give something to artificers. This woulkd be a good money drain and you improve charcater customization.

SteveTheCynic
09.24.2019 , 10:20 AM | #18
Weapons in the outfit designer!

How is this not a thing yet! I guess the only thing in the way is the fact that color crystals have stats (which shouldn't have been the case in the first place), but the crystal stats are a drop in the ocean of stats you have at this point.
It shouldn't ever be a thing.

The right way to do it is to put weapons into their own system *like* outfit designer, so that people have the option to change their active weapon-look independently of changing their active outfit-look, and vice versa.

And no, I don't think (based on what they said) that the crystals are an issue. The stats on armour in outfit slots don't count for anything, so why should the stats on weapons in weapon-slots count?
?REDO FROM START

ThaBuzz
09.24.2019 , 10:31 AM | #19
It shouldn't ever be a thing.

The right way to do it is to put weapons into their own system *like* outfit designer, so that people have the option to change their active weapon-look independently of changing their active outfit-look, and vice versa.
That would mean making a whole new system and addding new UI. Adding it to the existing system would be much simpler.

I don't think they have the manpower to implement a new system at the moment. You're right in saying that on the user's end it would be better to have seperate systems for those, but I don't see it happening.

And no, I don't think (based on what they said) that the crystals are an issue. The stats on armour in outfit slots don't count for anything, so why should the stats on weapons in weapon-slots count?
Thats what I mean. If there a skin over your weapon with the stats what s the point in having a crit crystal over an endurance one? Which means implementing it f*** over people who have bought both and unlocked them with CC. Futhermore what's thye point in having a level 50 yellow crystal if you can use a level 1 crystal?

I'm curious. What did they say about this?

SteveTheCynic
09.24.2019 , 12:32 PM | #20
Thats what I mean. If there a skin over your weapon with the stats what s the point in having a crit crystal over an endurance one? Which means implementing it f*** over people who have bought both and unlocked them with CC. Futhermore what's thye point in having a level 50 yellow crystal if you can use a level 1 crystal?
The crystal in the skin would only matter for the colour, of course. The crystal in the "true" weapon would count for stats in the same way as it does now *and* in the same way as the mods and such in your "true" armour count for stats.

Don't forget that there hasn't been a *functional* difference between level 1 crystals and level 50 crystals for a very long time anyway. (Colour is a non-functional difference for gameplay purposes.) They are *all*(1) +41 of some stat or other.

(1) There are a few exceptions, notably some mission rewards e.g. the crystal you get as a reward for busting up Moracen and Spanios's romance, which are lower that +41, but not many. The very first crystal schematic your Artifice crafter gets makes +41, and so does the very last one.
I'm curious. What did they say about this?
I don't off the top of my head have an exact quote, but the gist of it was that player weapons and all sorts of companion gear are very different from player armour, and it would have been lots harder for them to build:
* Outfit Designer for Companions
* Weapon-look Designer(2) for Players
* Weapon-look Designer for Companions

(Of course with the advent of companion-gear stats being irrelevant at the release of 4.0, the only problem with a lack of WLD for Companions is inventory space, and in spades for OD for Companions.)

(2) Whether as part of Outfit Designer or independently.
?REDO FROM START