Please don't push me into picking a main

cyrusramsey

I do not have a clearly defined main, I do not want a clearly defined main. I love playing what challenging content this game has with all roles and I love being able to bring different characters with different looks and feels with me.

Random gear, command ranks being character based and now talk about possibly being unable to swap out armorings.. why did you give us so many character slots when you only want us to use one?

It feels like intentionally bullying altoholics. At least please do not use fixed armorings to 'fix the legacy gear problem'--at least I assume that must be why this is even considered, all those people 'abusing' legacy gear... why is it a problem? Why must someone with 10 characters spend 10x the time on gearing their characters as someone who plays just one? Who benefits from that? What about someone with all 50 slots?

I do not want to spend the entire next cycle gearing up...

edit: seems one issue was addressed while I was typing this, though leaving the message as the sentiment remains..

Edited by cyrusramsey

As an altoholic... I don't anticipate much difficulty. The gear dropped is moddable, so I'll continue to gear alts as before with one or two characters. The only twist is the discipline specific drops will necessitate some work, but that's not a big deal to me.

But they've said you'll be getting crates hand over fist, so it's not some enormous grind that takes months like people were fearing. And since you get crates by doing EVERYTHING, you'll get crates just by doing what you enjoy. Will it be super fast? Maybe not, but who cares?

Only the hardest content requires the highest gear. Everything else has consistently been able to be done with mediocre gear. Not a big deal.

I do not have a clearly defined main, I do not want a clearly defined main. I love playing what challenging content this game has with all roles and I love being able to bring different characters with different looks and feels with me.

Random gear, command ranks being character based and now talk about possibly being unable to swap out armorings.. why did you give us so many character slots when you only want us to use one?

It feels like intentionally bullying altoholics. At least please do not use fixed armorings to 'fix the legacy gear problem'--at least I assume that must be why this is even considered, all those people 'abusing' legacy gear... why is it a problem? Why must someone with 10 characters spend 10x the time on gearing their characters as someone who plays just one? Who benefits from that? What about someone with all 50 slots?

I do not want to spend the entire next cycle gearing up...

edit: seems one issue was addressed while I was typing this, though leaving the message as the sentiment remains..

[–]emusco 17 points an hour ago

We just wanted to confirm one way or another before saying it. I just confirmed with the team, you CAN remove the armorings with the set bonus.

So Eric confirmed you can still take armoring out turn panic mode off lol

Edited by Neoforcer

Play what you want, get what you pull. Might take you a little longer to gear up; but if you actually do rotate through characters, you'll gear them just as quick as someone today who does have a "main."

It's the folks who do have a main and are used to gearing them up by doling out gear won on that main who are going have issues with this.

so eric confirmed you can still take armoring out turn panic mode off lol

edit: Seems one issue was addressed while i was typing this, though leaving the message as the sentiment remains..

Edit: Let me clarify.

This is not something that just popped up now. During the 4.0 cycle BW already started pushing unmoddable items for leveling and crafting, and the only thing they are accomplishing is to limit the use of legacy gear, which was not intended to be used to transfer mods, so I feel justified in assuming that this is why they started taking that approach and justified in expressing concern about them going down that road even further.

For most of the current cycle I actively played HM FPs and ops with just under twenty different characters. SM ops are not such an issue, but especially HM FP pugs require a lot of compensation for randoms that are out of their depth (and there's still plenty of people right here on this forum who will claim some of them are impossible for pugs). If I went about gearing all of them one by one, the old fashioned way, I'd probably have given up, a year is not long enough for me to gear that many, so I would keep a spreadsheet to show which character got which drop, so I could move things around as needed.

Now we get some more slots because BW didn't think that people who maxed out might also want to play DvL. Now, even being able to legacy transfer items, I will still have to focus on one or maybe two primary characters to farm the gear with because the alternative is to first grind the new points on each and every one of them and then get to begin gearing up properly..

I just wish that a game that allowed for so many character slots was a little more.. let's call it 'legacy friendly'. Same deal with the alliances with 4.0, was just lucky that that was a largely pointless system, but it indicates that this is not an incident, this is policy.

Edited by cyrusramsey