Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is too difficult now.

shyroman
10.23.2019 , 01:32 PM | #21
This thread is what happens when people get used to be so incredibly overgeared that they can faceroll everything. Most MM FP's in 5.x were tuned for I think 236 gear even though by the end of the expac, people were in 258's. Now with the gear reset, people are remembering what it's like to not be overgeared, you actually need to know your class and the encounters in order to do more difficult content.
Ryann - Sniper | Ryannack - Sorcerer | Apophas - Marauder
Jesicca - Mercenary | Lindseey - Gunslinger
Origin - Honey Badgers
Star Forge

Trobon
10.23.2019 , 01:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
This thread is what happens when people get used to be so incredibly overgeared that they can faceroll everything. Most MM FP's in 5.x were tuned for I think 236 gear even though by the end of the expac, people were in 258's. Now with the gear reset, people are remembering what it's like to not be overgeared, you actually need to know your class and the encounters in order to do more difficult content.
That isn't it. I've been leveling a new Jedi Knight over the past week and am only level 45. There has been a huge change in difficulty in terms of doing normal story content I am well overleveled for. I did Tatooine last night (again as a level 45 with heroic gear from level 40+ heroics so well over leveled and geared) with Kira set on DPS and was losing over half my health every other group of trash mobs. I had to have her spend a lot more time in healing to get through things.

This isn't only a companion issue either. Content that used to be possible with your companion dismissed is now tearing through me like tissue. The worst part is its not even making it harder, just longer. When Kira is on healing I can still do everything without any issue, but I can't keep her on DPS for trash like I could before. So it's just as easy for story content, just quite a bit longer.

ReverendAnderson
10.23.2019 , 01:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Trobon View Post
That isn't it. I've been leveling a new Jedi Knight over the past week and am only level 45. There has been a huge change in difficulty in terms of doing normal story content I am well overleveled for. I did Tatooine last night with Kira set on DPS and was losing over half my health every other group of trash mobs. I had to have her spend a lot more time in healing to get through things.

This isn't only a companion issue either. Content that used to be possible with your companion dismissed is now tearing through me like tissue. The worst part is its not even making it harder, just longer. When Kira is on healing I can still do everything without any issue, but I can't keep her on DPS for trash like I could before. So it's just as easy for story content, just quite a bit longer.
I sure didn't notice that when I was testing out my various characters last night, but it's totally what I want. I want crafting or finding better gear to have an effect. I want getting a new ability and learning how to use it to have an effect.
I'm so tired of just sleep walking through the story content, and I miss when SWTOR was a GAME from beginning to end.
"That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men."

Trobon
10.23.2019 , 01:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ReverendAnderson View Post
I sure didn't notice that when I was testing out my various characters last night, but it's totally what I want. I want crafting or finding better gear to have an effect. I want getting a new ability and learning how to use it to have an effect.
I'm so tired of just sleep walking through the story content, and I miss when SWTOR was a GAME from beginning to end.
When it's happening even 15 levels overleveled and with good gear that does make it feel like getting a new piece of gear or new abilities is helping. I think it may have something to do with the gear scaling they are using.

The companion nerfs make sense, but not being able to play without either taking a break every trash pull or using a healing companion for content well below you isn't a challenge it's just a slower grind.

MasterRummy
10.23.2019 , 01:58 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Chopsaki View Post
go do the heroic 4 on section X solo
On a tank, or a sneaky person sure....no other reason to run on any other characters for the time

juliushorst
10.23.2019 , 02:03 PM | #26
It's not much harder, just longer and more boring. Harder is: new mechanics or having to use your brain more during combat. Increasing mobs HP and damage is just longer.
Liked it better before.
All grind and no joy makes Jack a dull boy.
Click here. I get this, you get this

JediQuaker
10.23.2019 , 02:06 PM | #27
Sometimes, when I'm thinking things are too easy, I have to remind myself that I have level 50 companions, all the datacron bonuses, bonuses from being a Legendary player, plus Guild bonuses, and maybe a couple others I've forgotten.
For someone new, starting out with none of those extras, things can be a bit tougher.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

doelow
10.23.2019 , 02:14 PM | #28
They need a "pre-schooler" difficulty setting for this game apparently. It can't get much easier than it already is outside of PvP and raiding.

Kraysk
10.23.2019 , 02:15 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
They didn't do enough to make it more difficult. Still way too easy.
Exactly.
You still can solo MM FPs and Uprisings in your sleep with heal comp.
They'd better remove healing companions from the game for good.

doelow
10.23.2019 , 02:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
Exactly.
You still can solo MM FPs and Uprisings in your sleep with heal comp.
They'd better remove healing companions from the game for good.
No need for that. The game has always had healer ability comps from the get go. It's incredible to me that people actually need them to be be Jesus-droid level strong now though or suddenly they feel that the game is too hard.

Talk about training wheels. They really opened Pandora's Box with the way they handled comps during Kotfe/kotet. From giving us access to basically all of them, to removing gear, to buffing them into demi-gods... all bad moves in my view.