Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is too difficult now.

KrizDaWiz
10.23.2019 , 12:37 PM | #11
I wouldn’t say it’s too difficult but everything is definitely taking longer than normal. Some heroics are def not possible without help anymore. And flashpoints are harder. With new players they tend to go undone because players drop from the group especially when there is a new player.
Download the instrumental album "The Sith Code" by Darth Krazer (me) TODAY!
http://www.datpiff.com/Darth-Krazer-...pe.595107.html

Kiesu
10.23.2019 , 12:49 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashanor View Post
Was much more difficult at release.
↑ ↑ ↑
The game has only gotten easier to the point even a minor inconvenience is having people crying over getting scratched. About time it got some gameplay back.
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

DawnAskham
10.23.2019 , 12:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KrizDaWiz View Post
I wouldn’t say it’s too difficult but everything is definitely taking longer than normal. Some heroics are def not possible without help anymore. And flashpoints are harder. With new players they tend to go undone because players drop from the group especially when there is a new player.
Lowbies in FPs are even more useless now than they were before - I won't join an FP with lowbies as even in Hammer Station the lowbies were dying repeatedly while enemies were living noticeably longer.

Also some of the bosses hit hard for vet mode - I came close to dying several times (high level) when a boss would hit me for 1/3 + of my HP bar each time and only by running from kolto to kolto hoping it spawned before another hit came was I able to stay alive (some may find that fun and exciting - I find it to be excessive tuning).

World / story mobs are still a joke - the comp healing CD is noticeable in some places, but I didn't come across anything that put me in any real danger.

dipstik
10.23.2019 , 12:53 PM | #14
i think bioware intended for 4 heroics and vet flashpoints to require at least 2 people now. i dont think that is terrible for a mmo.

ReverendAnderson
10.23.2019 , 12:54 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
↑ ↑ ↑
The game has only gotten easier to the point even a minor inconvenience is having people crying over getting scratched. About time it got some gameplay back.
Did it though? I see people saying they can't 2 man a Heroic 4 anymore like that's a return to form or something. It's a heroic FOUR, the game should never be so easy you could 2 man that. Meanwhile, my new character is on Coruscant still having to turn their companion off and wear nothing better than greens before their health bar moves in combat.
Maybe the gameplay kicks in in the later content?
"That's two sound theories in one day, neither of which deal with abnormally sized men."

Rekar
10.23.2019 , 12:56 PM | #16
Yes it is tougher, but just need to work around it.

mrjoshuaco
10.23.2019 , 01:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
i think bioware intended for 4 heroics and vet flashpoints to require at least 2 people now. i dont think that is terrible for a mmo.
Too bad this isn't an MMO. It's a story driven single player game that lets you group with others if you like. Sorry, but that's what it's become over the years and if you flip the switch expect a reaction. Now, maybe this draws other players back again and offsets it. We'll find out soon enough. Then again, this isn't the first nerf to comps they've done and the last time didn't end well.

pchiman
10.23.2019 , 01:11 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ReverendAnderson View Post
Did it though? I see people saying they can't 2 man a Heroic 4 anymore like that's a return to form or something. It's a heroic FOUR, the game should never be so easy you could 2 man that. Meanwhile, my new character is on Coruscant still having to turn their companion off and wear nothing better than greens before their health bar moves in combat.
They Heroics were changed so you could do them solo, same with story flashpoints but it seems they changed their mind now?

Stellarcrusade
10.23.2019 , 01:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ReverendAnderson View Post
Two man means two people and two companions. That should be as good as 4 people.

red_onion
10.23.2019 , 01:25 PM | #20
Agreed. Everything feels too grind-y now. Not my thing. To each their own, but I'll let my sub expire (wish that wouldn't take a few months).

I liked it better when I did NOT have to turn my comp onto heal and take forever clearing mobs and bosses. That's just no fun for me. Challenging bosses that require learning mechanics.. that's the good kind of difficult. Whacking at an NPC all day while I just stand there, that's lame. I'll never understand why anyone wants that sort of "difficulty."