Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So we have to pay 7 mio credits, just to go on crafting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So we have to pay 7 mio credits, just to go on crafting?

Goemoe
10.23.2019 , 01:49 AM | #1
I just tried to get all my crafting chars running on the mission to skill 700. For EACH skill (even gathering)we have to pay 500.000 Cr to go on. This is plain stupid money sinking generating nothing but frustration. If you tried to get back veteran SWTOR players, this point won't help for sure. Stupid, totally useless move. Dear devs: Go out, play some different MMOs and learn how to do money sinks without annoying the playerbase.

We had 4 players returning in our guild, I doubt even one can afford to play on with the crew skills now. I don't htink they will stay long this time.

DzastinBiberi
10.23.2019 , 02:46 AM | #2
I could slice/scavenge everything with 600 skill on Onderon and Mek-sha, dunno why you have to pay if you have 600 skill.

andisim
10.23.2019 , 03:02 AM | #3
but did you advance in skill over 600 without paying?

Goemoe
10.23.2019 , 05:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by andisim View Post
but did you advance in skill over 600 without paying?
No you don't. If you want to advance/build anything beyond 600, you have to pay.

Sinhammer
10.23.2019 , 05:14 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post
I could slice/scavenge everything with 600 skill on Onderon and Mek-sha, dunno why you have to pay if you have 600 skill.
And you could do that at level 1 probably too, unless they changed it again. But the lower the level vs. the level of the node nets you less mats. It's best to max it, which costs $$$ now.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

Darth_Vainous
10.23.2019 , 05:24 AM | #6
I'm for money sinks but not ones that the every day player uses such as crafting, armors, weapons, skills, etc.. Money sinks should have mounts, pets, cosmetics and titles and be some random Jawa somewhere you drop bank on. Not every day use stuff. Most players either don't make a lot of creds or don't want to spend but on some very specific things and none want to go broke on normal game mechanics.

With this change, the item color scheme change, the UI change, the terrible Nautolan crossover, getting use to not seeing my gathered items in my main bag, and God knows what else, this was a terrible time to come back and I am starting to regret it. There have been a crap ton changes since I last played in 2012/2013 but these are far worse imo and harder to get use to. Smh, just seems to get worse.

Change is inevitable but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

ZionHalcyon
10.23.2019 , 05:35 AM | #7
Crafting costs are the one huge negative I would put on this expansion. not that there aren't other things that could have been done better but those are really be nitpicky.

The two major issues with this expansion is the ridiculous cost of crafting now, and the stupid costs for amplifiers if you keep re-rolling. There needs to be a cap on how expensive it can get, and it shouldn't be something really stupidly expensive.

omaan
10.23.2019 , 05:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Goemoe View Post
I just tried to get all my crafting chars running on the mission to skill 700. For EACH skill (even gathering)we have to pay 500.000 Cr to go on. This is plain stupid money sinking generating nothing but frustration. If you tried to get back veteran SWTOR players, this point won't help for sure. Stupid, totally useless move. Dear devs: Go out, play some different MMOs and learn how to do money sinks without annoying the playerbase.

We had 4 players returning in our guild, I doubt even one can afford to play on with the crew skills now. I don't htink they will stay long this time.
Jesus christ... 7 millions to boost crew skills. These devs have no idea what they are doing

DawnAskham
10.23.2019 , 06:35 AM | #9
These costs are all because the developers were incompetent and allowed the economy to hyper inflate.

There have been numerous issues that caused inflation to get out of control, from the over-abundance of credits gained group farming daily heroic bonuses (the payouts were multiplicative based on number of players in group) to bottable missions (TH / Slicing) paying out more in raw credits than the mission costs to bottable slicing lockboxes on Yavin to massive exploits (stack item split / gifts / vendor items sold for less than vendor buy price) that were left in the game for weeks to months.

It also didn't help that general credit sinks did not keep up with general credit inflows - though that was minor compared to the above.

Of course if you were not around for any of the above and didn't at least benefit indirectly (if you sold stuff on GTN, especially CM stuff, you benefited indirectly from the inflation), then these prices are ridiculous and cost prohibitive.

If you did participate (or like myself made a decent amount way back when selling items on GTN), these prices are ridiculous, but won't put you at risk of being broke anytime soon.

So sadly new and returning players are disproportionally impacted by the increased credit sinks and will bear the brunt of paying for the mistakes of the developers.

Rion_Starkiller
10.23.2019 , 06:36 AM | #10
7 mill is nothing these days.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?