Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do u defeat the Iokath sentinels?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do u defeat the Iokath sentinels?

RaunchyRancor
10.28.2017 , 07:47 AM | #1
I'm doing the walker mission in Showdown on Iokath, and have to face off 3 champion class sentinels at the same time with no ability to heal myself that I can find, and keep getting killed. How do I deal with them, or where have I screwed up that they're attacking 3 together? On my latest attempt, I managed to knock out 2 of them - and then AGAIN one more respawned so it was game over.
Server - Harbinger
Rôland - lvl 55 Gunslinger | Sagaros - 55 Commando
Astiniio - 38 Sorcerer | San'aa - 55 Guardian
Luthiénne 55 Operative | Sub'utai[ 55 Powertech

grania
10.28.2017 , 07:50 AM | #2
Really? I just stomp on them. I stomp on everything in walker type missions. Maybe there's an order you should go in? Does one heal or something like that?

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

RaunchyRancor
10.28.2017 , 08:08 AM | #3
That's the biggest problem - there is no healing station or anything nearby. The walker can self heal when out of combat but that's obviously not an option here. Every damn time I try the mission, all 3 of them are waiting for me. It takes time to kill off even one of them since the walker's weapons inflict little damage, and the main gun and missiles require charging for 8 seconds.
Server - Harbinger

Malkosha
10.28.2017 , 08:14 AM | #4
The biggest weapon against anything is the stomp. It's a waste against weaker scattered enemies but against the toughest it a sure fire kill. Just walk up to them and stomp. Use no other weapons ... just stomp.
TRS-80, Dual 5 1/2" Floppy's, 13" CGA Monitor

Ahrngrim
10.28.2017 , 08:15 AM | #5
The Self Heal Ability works in Combat as well.
My referall link: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQgzk7
Find Help at EA ANSWERS HQ English
Finde Hilfe unter EA Answer HQ Deutsch

RaunchyRancor
10.28.2017 , 08:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahrngrim View Post
The Self Heal Ability works in Combat as well.
It does? Well, damn. I thought the icon looked greyed out.
Server - Harbinger

Tashia
10.28.2017 , 09:05 AM | #7
I found that just letting it kill me was the only thing I could do -- never leave the room ( all 3 respawn, or mine did at least)
when you die, just select the revive point -- revive and go back ( there should be fewer now if you killed just one or two if you managed that ) ---
however many are left kill, and die -- rinse, repeat till all are dead --- trick is to revive at the point they offer and go back;
no, it is not a pretty fight, but it gets it over for you and you can move on .... ( I didn't see any self heal either I must be blind .... )
Everquest to Star Wars Old Republic .....
from Swords and Shields to Blasters and Rockets .......

Ahrngrim
10.28.2017 , 09:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RaunchyRancor View Post
It does? Well, damn. I thought the icon looked greyed out.
If I'm at the right fight, there are two, the first in KotET there you can heal yourself (the Walker) in Combat,
the one in the Iokaht expansion, is a little more tricky, but just doable with a little luck.
My referall link: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQgzk7
Find Help at EA ANSWERS HQ English
Finde Hilfe unter EA Answer HQ Deutsch

wtbh
07.24.2018 , 07:27 PM | #9
I just wanted to confirm that the "stomp only" method does work. After multiple tries attempting to defeat, I came here to figure out what I was doing wrong. I went in to the combat, only used "stomp", nothing else, and in less than 5 min I was done and out of there!

The_Epic_Killler
10.23.2019 , 04:13 PM | #10
Stomping enemies is such a damned meme, They had to make us cheese it on purpose