Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

6.0 Crafting is Ludicrously a complete and total piece of Junk

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
6.0 Crafting is Ludicrously a complete and total piece of Junk

bryceccoleman
10.23.2019 , 05:27 PM | #1
With 6.0 some brain dead person or persons in BIOWARE decided to destroy crafting for any and every item using grade 11 materials. Endless extra combine steps, material requirements at 20 times the amount of materials required for a similar grade 10 item, requiring master mode flashpoint, conquest or operations materials for even green 268 gear etc. Simply put crafting is no longer viable.

1. Material requirements are 10 times plus above 5.6. material yields only marginally increased on missions.

2. Green 268 gear requires an Isotope Stabilizer from master mode flashpoint, operations or ranked warzones.

3. Blue 276 augments require a Processed Isotope Stabilizer from master mode flashpoints, operations or ranked warzones and Solid Resource Matrixes from personal conquest and you raised the personal conquest level to 50K from 15K.

4. Basic items that were 2X2X2 mat requirements are now 10X10X10 such as assembly components, stims, med packs
You need to revert to 2X2X2 or only a slight increase to 3X3X3 to account for the increased mat drops.

The reinvention of crafting represented by this expansion is an unneccesary step backwards in crafting being viable to the game. Only the super elite will have access to crafting for viable gear. This pushes most players into the mercy of drops from Renown advancement only.

I am canceling any further subscription for this account and moving on to something else.

ERIC YOU NEED TO FIX THIS

Estelindis
10.23.2019 , 05:55 PM | #2
Lots of us PTS testers said exactly the same as you're saying now. Unfortunately BW did not make the changes we most requested. The more voices like yours are added to ours, the more pressure it'll put on BW to actually change what's necessary, so thanks for also speaking up.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

SithEmpress
10.23.2019 , 06:30 PM | #3
I can't say I'm surprised even a little. I really don't even know why they do the test center as they ignore the player feedback but that not really shocking. To be honest it didn't make sense from the start as it didn't follow how crafting has worked and the new system locks a lot of people out of crafting common green gear, which have little value anyway.

The only logical reason I can think of for these weird changes is that they are trying to force grouping or strongly encourage it by locking need materials behind it. This seems possible as they also are making content harder and moving up conquest etc, which all encourage group, specifically joining large guilds. It a bad move in my opinion and I think it just going to turn people off. It really makes me sad as I enjoy crafting.
If you are looking for refer a friend link, than I have one for you right
here Click Here. Hey well both get some shines!

DawnAskham
10.23.2019 , 06:30 PM | #4
Material requirements for crafting anything are absurdly high.

Group content materials and conquest materials required for starter 278 vendor schematics is either a complete design failure or a giant middle finger to crafters expecting to craft more than a couple of items a wekk.

More materials drop from nodes and are returned from missions, but not enough to offset the increased costs.

Jawa currency also drops frequently, but at a 200 jawa currency to one material, it is no where near an alternative source of materials.

Every item, including green starter items from the trainer, require materials from multiple gathering and mission skills (such as a green 278 synthweaving item requiring archaeology mats, UWT mats, and slicing mats).

What peeves me the most is that they obviously spent a bunch of development time reworking what should have been a copy / paste of the formula used for years to create this convoluted mess, development time that should have been spent on creating content.

Much like the new gearing system though - it seems a lot of work went into making things as grindy, time consuming, and convulsed as possible to mask the lack of actual content.

Hawkebatt
10.23.2019 , 06:33 PM | #5
IT WAS 10+10+10

It is now for Biochem 8+10+10

For the 268 implants it is 5 Isotopes you get about six from a flash point
2 Cell grafts and 20 Data spikes.

Before it was 10 Isotopes 10 Matrix from conquest 8 Cell grafts and 20 Data spikes.

So still too much but better than before. Still broken but not destroyed.

Until then use MK10 stuff
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

SithEmpress
10.23.2019 , 06:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Material requirements for crafting anything are absurdly high.

What peeves me the most is that they obviously spent a bunch of development time reworking what should have been a copy / paste of the formula used for years to create this convoluted mess, development time that should have been spent on creating content.

Much like the new gearing system though - it seems a lot of work went into making things as grindy, time consuming, and convulsed as possible to mask the lack of actual content.
You match how I feel. This isn't the first time they've wasted tons of hour revamping the class specs or gearing system but now its crafting, renown, and icons, etc. I keep thinking of all the hours they could have put in toward new content like story, PVP, raids, etc. I've never seen a game redo their core features ever two to three years when it's not like we're getting tons of content. Still, like the game just never did get wasting time on those features when it could go toward new content.
If you are looking for refer a friend link, than I have one for you right
here Click Here. Hey well both get some shines!

DarthBama
10.23.2019 , 07:12 PM | #7
The biggest issue is that too much effort goes into complete throw away gear. They treated this entry level stuff like end game gear. I know I won’t be throwing MK-11 kits Willy nilly on gear like in the past.

Varnoukh
10.23.2019 , 07:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Lots of us PTS testers said exactly the same as you're saying now. Unfortunately BW did not make the changes we most requested. The more voices like yours are added to ours, the more pressure it'll put on BW to actually change what's necessary, so thanks for also speaking up.
Or this is a commonly exercised management scam.

Management wants a particular state of affairs which they know will be unpopular because the little people will be worse off than they are now.

Management implement something more extreme than that, allow everyone to cry bloody murder, and then "graciously compromise" with the little people worse off and management getting exactly what they wanted.

Estelindis
10.23.2019 , 08:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Varnoukh View Post
Or this is a commonly exercised management scam.

Management wants a particular state of affairs which they know will be unpopular because the little people will be worse off than they are now.

Management implement something more extreme than that, allow everyone to cry bloody murder, and then "graciously compromise" with the little people worse off and management getting exactly what they wanted.
Not quite sure what you're getting at?

They've already tried a minor compromise in making some changes - not remotely enough, in the opinion of most who answered at the time. We haven't caved and said that'll do. We remember what pre-6.0 crafting was like (I mean, it's only a couple of days ago...) We know crafting is not supposed to be a horrific, painful, punishing experience. We're going to keep advocating for something actually fun rather than accepting as sufficient whatever insufficient concessions are offered.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Varnoukh
10.23.2019 , 08:55 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Not quite sure what you're getting at?
The scam is as I described and incredibly simple to understand.

Management want to implement changes which result in people being worse off.

To mitigate the negative feelings from people about being worse, management run a simple scam.

In the first instance, they overshoot the mark and make people way worse off than they want or need to.

People get unhappy. Grumble. Maybe shake their fists and scream a bit.

Then management "graciously" and "humbly" respond to said feedback by toning down the negative changes to management's true desired state of affairs. Leaving people feeling "listened to" and "empowered" but truthfully just manipulated.

i.e. what we're seeing now is them overshooting their desired mark. They want us to be worse off. They want more credit sinks and grind etc. but not this bad. We complain. They "listen" and tone these changes down but don't reverse them.