Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jesseriah
10.23.2019 , 09:53 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Onderon is nice, Mek-Sha is nice. Outside of these, the only interesting aspect of the expansion is the Kira/Scourge epilogue. I'm honestly stunned at just how creatively bankrupt, banal, unintriguing and boring the story of Onslaught was. "Fleet going to defend/take Corellia". That's literally it. All headlined by same-old-same-old Malgus. Half of the time playing the expansion I had deja vu of vanilla content I already beat 8 years ago.

Say what you want about the execution of KOTFEET, the Valkorion part in particular, but in comparsion to Onslaught, that story was a tsunami of fresh ideas, massive cast of surprising characters, new cultures & civilizations, unexpected developements, twists & turns, intrigues, mysteries, etc.

Seriously Bioware? "Rehashed Malgus Imp vs Rep plot of the day" is your idea of SWTOR's story going forward? You CANNOT blame me for expecting more from professional writers
This sums it up pretty good, yep.

Not to forget about the scourge/kira return (which was *********** bad in itself. I thought they would re-introduce them in a big, meaningful way, maybe while we were fighting on corella but NOPE.) where bioware decided to waste something big like the Emperors real body in a quick 3 min-dialogue. (And what about Satele? I didnt even understood that part)

The only good thing i will remember is that i will get all my titles back and will be one of the jedi high council again.

But all in all this "expansion" is nothing but a dissapointment.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Charaktertransfer and more!

TrekkerVGER
10.23.2019 , 11:54 AM | #62
Played through on my Guardian last night and I am pleased. I have smiled more from playing through this story, getting back to the Republic, and being called Battlemaster again than I've had reason to smile for in two years (personal reasons).

commanderwar
10.23.2019 , 02:03 PM | #63
I loved the republic and the empire story, I played as a republic loyalist and a imp sabotage It was fun, I was so excited when I got offered back in the republic and into the jedi council. Interesting that I didn't get the same offer from the empire, I am guessing that because I was playing sabotage imp and the republic won the battle. Very excited and interest to see where the story goes, very interested in the satele story as well

The story seems to be setting up

The exchange growing in there power

Vitiate plague in satele

And if your an imp character, you realize there also setting up something else for malgus

It will be very interested and exciting for me to see where all this goes.
here's my refer a friend link
http://www.swtor.com/r/QWYrwx

Kiesu
10.23.2019 , 02:07 PM | #64
Just played Knight trough and at the end- DAMN. Scourge is THIRSTY. He was practically ready to hump leg the minute the scene started. Hahahaa
Man, I miss the nerves-of-steel Scourge already versus this flustered mess. Oh well. I guess a few centuries of not being able to enjoy banging makes one desperate for booty. And poor Kira who I never even married has been waiting for a kiss for almost ten years. What a weird ending scene, two thirsty companions return ready to bang the same man. Oof.

Oh well. Having some domestic fights now trying to establish dominance with mr. big-bad-sith-burning-for-a-bang rofl
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

ZionHalcyon
10.23.2019 , 02:31 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
Just played Knight trough and at the end- DAMN. Scourge is THIRSTY. He was practically ready to hump leg the minute the scene started. Hahahaa
Man, I miss the nerves-of-steel Scourge already versus this flustered mess. Oh well. I guess a few centuries of not being able to enjoy banging makes one desperate for booty. And poor Kira who I never even married has been waiting for a kiss for almost ten years. What a weird ending scene, two thirsty companions return ready to bang the same man. Oof.

Oh well. Having some domestic fights now trying to establish dominance with mr. big-bad-sith-burning-for-a-bang rofl

Well yeah. Centuries of being pent up....

kirorx
10.23.2019 , 04:46 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post

I thought Sourge and Kira might have been involved and that was where the whole convo about emotions was headed, but nope. Instead, old scourge was harboring some closeted fellings for my Jedi Knight, I had to friendzone him on the spot. lol

Glad to have the gang back together again

BlueShiftRecall
10.23.2019 , 05:36 PM | #67
Played it last night on my LS SI whose going down the saboteur route.
- I liked mocking the "King" on Onderon.
- Enjoyed Jakarro and his droid being back.
- I thought Onderon looked awesome would love to see more.
- In keeping up my Sithy appearance I loved asking for my seat back and then at the very end just taking it anyway.
- Enjoyed both Lana and Theron's appearances, the romance moment with Theron at the end of the FP was cute. Glad to see both hanging around still.
- Really enjoying Anri also, hope to see her back again.
- I liked the shout out on Mek-Sha to my SI being a slave once himself and that entire convo with Anri about it.
- I enjoyed the saboteur moments, I look forward in the future to being caught out (I know it's bound to happen sooner or later) and how that will go down. Malgus is not happy about all this failure, whoops, I reckon he's starting to catch on though.

Overall I look forward to seeing where the story goes. Now onto the Pub side tonight with my JK.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's

Raynezazki
10.23.2019 , 05:41 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinhammer View Post
From the perspective of an Imp player--I didn't even hesitate to choose to keep my Alliance. I was given the choice of that or rejoin the Empire as the Wrath blah blah--again. It makes zero sense to take such a massive step backwards. Your character (esp. Force-users) are basically living gods at this point, who have slain other gods. The Emperor consumed the life force of an entire planet, and you put a beatdown on him AND his family. Why in the world would ANYone ever decide to be a puppet lackey for some Empress that you should be able to kill with a flick of the wrist at this point? The only REAL other option at this point would be just backhanding the Empress off YOUR rightful throne.
Exactly.

And when Acina offered to let my Agent be Keeper I wish there had been a lmao hell no option. Like he didn't see exactly what Sith goons did to the last Imperial Intelligence. You can't be serious.

Xerkrosis
10.23.2019 , 06:29 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
[...]
But one thing they mentioned in the article in March for under the hood - they were working on the engine and DYN placements to allow them to push content out quicker. If they somehow have achieved this or are close to it, I can accept a smaller story for now in preparation for more content more often (meaning BioWare abandons their previously held business ideal of "people can leave and just come back when there is content" and instead work on getting regular content and story out), especially given the sheer number of systems overhauled in this update.

Make no mistake - this was a "groundwork" update that fundamentally changed a few systems. Now these systems can be fleshed out from here and built on, which hopefully means over the next year, the team can shift gears once the systems are "complete" to more content creation and less system overhaul.
Story felt like it was a transition-point from all the KotFE/KotET-stuff to (finally) being back to Rep vs Imp. And the end was already like a promise that there was much more story to come. Not like with SoR that ended right there with the defeat of (dark) Revan. More like Ziost but to the size of SoR.
And the often mentioned end of SWTOR by many, that Onslaught would be basically the last content update, is weird when you look at the many changes.
I'll still be observing how SWTOR goes and even if nothing's happening, I'm happy with the vanilla content alone. Not to mention RotHC, SoR, KotFE, KotET and post-KotET content. Don't know how many times I've replayed the class stories with a different character in mind, but I still very much enjoy them.

Quote: Originally Posted by djisma View Post
shortest expansión if this can be called that at all..... i mean this barely have more content than 2 chapters of kotfe, the story is kinda weak and at times boring . There is almost to nothing in content wise, after playing expansións like revans, kotfe, kotet this really seems dissapointing to say the least.
what a shame considering i like the new worlds.
The story has about the length of SoR. Considering there're differences wether you're republic, imperial or saboteur, it might be overall longer. (not counting class differences)
Under Construction... Like the road you have to avoid: forever

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.23.2019 , 08:35 PM | #70
Anyone know why the heck Theron is appearing at the end of my Sorcerors runthrough of Onslaught..? I left him on Nathema, it even says so in the companion window, and there's been no sign of him all through the expansion until now. In fact, there's technically still no sign of him, since he's invisible in the cutscene. But he still has lines :/