Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is too difficult now.

Kiesu
10.23.2019 , 06:16 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Trobon View Post
I think there are issues with both. Someone else on this thread was saying they can't run a story mode flash point now. If that's true then its too hard. In addition, a lot of stuff has become a lot more tedious as you say. The problem is a lot of older players who have good legacy bonuses running max level content are not seeing the same difficulty others are.
I've ran plenty of FPs, both story and hard modes, without issue. One hardmode FP I had two legit newbies in, that was a bit of a carryfest struggle, but us old dps boys were flexible enough to offtank/heal for them to get trough.
Old content is only hard if you dont know what you're doing, as I just witnessed :P

For the record, I'm running whatever random green gear I happen to loot. Dont have a single setbonus effect yet (my poo roll luck)
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

Phenglei
10.23.2019 , 06:25 PM | #62
Interesting. "Too difficult" is a phrase that I have never heard applied to this game before.

Quote: Originally Posted by DreadtechSavant View Post
Personally I have not found it difficult but have found it far more time consuming.
That's about it.

I have seen many, many battles where the hostiles had absolutely no hope of defeating my characters, but the battles still took a long time.

The enemies' attacks simply weren't strong enough to overcome my characters' armor and healing. They never made a dent in my characters' health.

Defensively, however, the hostiles had so much armor and health that it took a really, really long time to whittle them down.

I wouldn't say the battles were difficult, unless you count fighting off mind-numbing boredom.
"What I mean is ... Yes, they are blue berries, but they're not necessarily blueberries. Because while all blueberries are blue berries, not all blue berries are blueberries. You see?"

CprlKlinger
10.23.2019 , 06:44 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by vingmotor View Post
as the topic says. companions sux again. and my character does so too. that means no fun , atleast for me.
i dont have time to grind and group up with strange fellows. i play solo like a used to, but cant anymore.
im talking about lev 1-75 not odessen stuff.
-thanks for reading
I ran the entirety of Onderon yesterday on veteran with my shadow. no issues.
Please feel free to use my referral link

http://www.swtor.com/r/CGM9yv

Rolodome
10.23.2019 , 06:45 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Phenglei View Post
Interesting. "Too difficult" is a phrase that I have never heard applied to this game before.

That's about it.

I have seen many, many battles where the hostiles had absolutely no hope of defeating my characters, but the battles still took a long time.

The enemies' attacks simply weren't strong enough to overcome my characters' armor and healing. They never made a dent in my characters' health.

Defensively, however, the hostiles had so much armor and health that it took a really, really long time to whittle them down.

I wouldn't say the battles were difficult, unless you count fighting off mind-numbing boredom.
This is why I play with a DPS companion whenever I can get away with it. When it crosses over into being just hard-hitting enough and long-lasting enough that I can't get away with it, it doesn't become more difficult... it becomes way more faceroll than playing with a DPS comp and more mind-numbing due to how long it takes. :/

I think at this stage, there's no point in my having hope they'll ever get the tuning in a nice spot across the board. Onslaught content actually seems fairly reasonable about this compared to KOTFE/ET from my playing yesterday, but then they change how scaling works in the same update and make just about everything else take longer, apparently. Left hand don't know what the right hand is doing.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Varnoukh
10.23.2019 , 07:09 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiesu View Post
Old content is only hard if you dont know what you're doing, as I just witnessed :P
Lie.

As I and others have pointed out, the change in difficulty is especially brutal for new characters.

Last week I could solo the first vet FP with a character fresh from the starter planet, with at most a few close moments.

This week it isn't even remotely possible.

Jinre_the_Jedi
10.23.2019 , 08:26 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Trobon View Post
These "casual" players are the ones with top tier gear, all the datacrons and +500 presence from their legacy. There have been plenty of players who were not saying anything because it was tuned fine for them.

So just because your viewpoint was louder doesn't mean your speaking for anyone more than I am.
That's not casual at all lol. That's a hard core player.

And to everyone talking about the game being too hard, it's definitely more difficult but not too hard. I was able to get to 306 gear with my set bonus in only about 15 hours of grinding, it's not that difficult, just time consuming.

Proof: https://i.imgur.com/JKArjQ4.jpg

Time consuming and difficult aren't the same thing.

Once you get a decent item level (about 280s, which doesn't take long to get), everything literally just melts, just like the old days.

sharkfishman
10.23.2019 , 08:49 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
That's not casual at all lol. That's a hard core player.

And to everyone talking about the game being too hard, it's definitely more difficult but not too hard. I was able to get to 306 gear with my set bonus in only about 15 hours of grinding, it's not that difficult, just time consuming.

Proof: https://i.imgur.com/JKArjQ4.jpg

Time consuming and difficult aren't the same thing.

Once you get a decent item level (about 280s, which doesn't take long to get), everything literally just melts, just like the old days.
How many millions of credits?
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

DarthCasus
10.23.2019 , 10:22 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
How many millions of credits?
And how much fun was that? What will you do now? Did you get your dopamine hit?

People still trying to put down casuals by saying the game used to be harder seem to neglect to mention that level sync wasn't a thing. If you had issues with something, overlevel it. Bring a friend. Get a set for your companion (when that was a thing). Clearly, some parts of the game are out of whack because they insist on keeping this level sync trash, so let people vent. People spending more time scolding others (who are likely not even from the same group) asking for content balance than giving useful feedback for BW to ignore, but at least with BW ignoring you, you'd earn an WE TOLD YOU SO' without looking like an a**.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

merovejec
10.23.2019 , 11:55 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Kawiki View Post
They didn't do enough to make it more difficult. Still way too easy.
Yup, its just more annoying as the mobs take longer to kill, but they are not more dangerous.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 69015

Kiesu
10.24.2019 , 12:01 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Varnoukh View Post
Lie.

As I and others have pointed out, the change in difficulty is especially brutal for new characters.

Last week I could solo the first vet FP with a character fresh from the starter planet, with at most a few close moments.

This week it isn't even remotely possible.
As others have pointed out, difficulty is still nowhere near the level it was at launch. It is still easy compared. You cannot deny it.
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.