Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So we have to pay 7 mio credits, just to go on crafting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So we have to pay 7 mio credits, just to go on crafting?

Valin_Marr
10.23.2019 , 09:52 AM | #21
one thing I noticed for cybertech the green 274 earpieces have 5 processed isotopes. I haven't checked the other crafting disciplines to see if the 274 stuff is the same but i'm sure it is. I'm not to hung up on the cost to advance the skills because they did that with 5.0 you had to pay like 250k credits for each to advance them.

I have just begun to explore things so I don't know the answer but can you buy the processed isotopes with jawa scrap or are they only available through flashpoints, ops and pvp?

dipstik
10.23.2019 , 10:46 AM | #22
just because a bunch of people used exploits to gather millions/billions doesn't mean i did... yet i have to pay inflated prices because of inflation due to exploits.

it seems like bioware wants people to buy credits... 1 mil for a set bonus piece... 500k for each craft... 24 mil for my 16 toons...

there is no way im grinding heroics for 24 mil

pchiman
10.23.2019 , 11:30 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
just because a bunch of people used exploits to gather millions/billions doesn't mean i did... yet i have to pay inflated prices because of inflation due to exploits.

it seems like bioware wants people to buy credits... 1 mil for a set bonus piece... 500k for each craft... 24 mil for my 16 toons...

there is no way im grinding heroics for 24 mil
Same here, I saw shocked when I paid without paying attention then looking back and the chat logs

DarthBryn
10.23.2019 , 11:43 AM | #24
Save your money, despite a promise that it would change for live, it is still time consuming, expensive and utilly pointless for anything other than outfits and biochem & augment. THe steps to craft any gear that would be worthwhile will take you 2 months.

Toraak
10.23.2019 , 11:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
They reduced the cost of the purchased crafting mats which would indicate they want to ease costs for crafters. Then they slap a 500K cost to train for the new crafting levels which can be prohibitive for some players. So mixed signals.

7 mil isn't nothing if you don't have it. I had it across all my characters until recently when I splurged to get all my crafters across both factions up to 600 and now I'm looking at 1.5 mil for each character, I simply don't have that kinda credits lying around. I don't know how you're farming up 7mil in less than a week but I have never had that kind of cash inflow. So any tips would be appreciated.
Credits are so easy to make in this game, spending 1,5 mil per character shouldn't be hard to get even if you don't have that floating around currently.

As for farming up 7 mil in a week there are many ways, but one simple one is doing dailies. There are many daily area's in this game that give out a ton of credits if your willing to do it. Heroics would also be another way. Find something to craft and sell on the GTN would be a 3rd.

Personally Dailies or GTN are the better 2 options however.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

MCHentz
10.23.2019 , 12:04 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
The 500k cost was on the PTS, so that has no impact on the purchased crafting mats.

Oh and btw 7 mil is nothing in this game, it's really not hard to farm up that in less then a week if you don't have them.
who wants to farm for a week to make 7 million? I play to relax.

Rion_Starkiller
10.23.2019 , 12:18 PM | #27
How do you guys not have money? I made over a hundred mill by selling my trash isotopes in August/September. They drop from every FP boss and ops boss. It's so easy to make money in this game. All you have to do is.... play.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

DawnAskham
10.23.2019 , 12:19 PM | #28
So I took all my mats and started crafting, and what a mess.

Synthweaving:

Green bonded attachment (basic first step building block for all crafting items), two different ones, one uses green archaeology materials (10 each), the other uses materials from slicing and UWT (10 each).

Blue bonded attachment (used for blue quality crafting items), two different ones, again one uses archaeology materials (10 each / blue quality +10 of the green bonded attachments), the other uses slicing and UWT (10 each green and blue quality UWT / 10 blue slicing + 10 green bonded attachments).

Blue 276 augment, uses 1 of the blue bonded attachements (one crafted with archaeology mats) and 2 of the other blue bonded attachment (UWT / slicing mats), 10 blue processed isotope stabilizer (drops in group content) , 5 purple conquest materials.

Since I only had 2 conquest materials, I stopped at that point and had used up most of my materials (and I chained missions on multiple characters and picked up everything along way yesterday while leveling, as well as ran multiple FPs for isotopes).

I can't even craft one vendor schematic blue 278 augment, nor even unlock the schematic for the augment kit as my synthweaving skill is still too low (no idea of the materials requirement).

Anyways - screw this, not unlocking crafting on my other characters (I unlocked one of each mission skill already) - must join mega conquest guild to get basic materials to craft basic items and even if I somehow capped multiple characters, may only have enough mats to make a handful of items each week.

Trash, this crafting system is.

EDIT TO ADD: Using various items with my remaining mats, I was able to get high enough to grab the MK augment kit schematic - it requires 5 blue bonded attachments, 20 each blue UWT and slicing mats, 10 MK parts (crafted by creating green bonded attachments and RE at 1 to 1) - expensive materials wise, but doable without group / conquest material throttles - though good luck finding augments as they require both to craft.

red_onion
10.23.2019 , 01:56 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
How do you guys not have money? I made over a hundred mill by selling my trash isotopes in August/September. They drop from every FP boss and ops boss. It's so easy to make money in this game. All you have to do is.... play.
Same...
But lots of players don't have multiple alts running in large conquest guilds and/or the time to make conquest points on multiple toons. Conquest has only gotten more difficult with Galactic Rampage apparently being removed as well as NPCs taking longer to kill due to the changes in level syncing with 6.0. Not sure what the new rewards will be, but I doubt CMTs will continue to pull in many credits.

I could afford 7mil here and 7 mil there for awhile but with all the changes I'm fairly certain my costs are higher than what I'm bringing in. Unless I have a steady inflow of creds, I won't be crafting (which I was hoping to get more into after this release).

I'll buy the arguments that it's too early to judge the update, despite the fact that costs have all gone up and I'm definitely earning fewer credits at the same time; it's a painful combination. However, I don't think lecturing anyone (as several people have, I'm not singling you out) on how "easy" it is to get credits is helpful... especially when we haven't really had a chance to fairly evaluate all the 6.0 changes yet. Some methods of earning creds are gone... I'm sure others will pop up though and make "it's easy" more valid than it is currently. Sure, people can run heroics... but they just got harder across the board too which might hinder solo players that don't have the best gear or the 4+ mil creds needed to get companions to influence 50. Everything is easy to say if you've been playing for a while and have all the little bonuses which add up.

All that said, I don't think I'll be able to fairly evaluate current difficulty level or credit flow until I've gotten a few toons to 75. At the moment, it's just a lot thrown at us at once so I understand why people would complain.

denavin
10.23.2019 , 06:20 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
As for farming up 7 mil
Some of us have a life that does not involve FARMING credits....

So getting 7 mil credits will take far longer than few days. More like a few weeks to months per character. I play SWToR to have fun, not to FARM CREDITS. I have a real Job that pays real money, I don't have time to FARM virtual credits.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."