Get all the tech fragments you need to test the new RNG vendors.

Flying-Brian

Since this is the PTS, and it is a test platform, I do not consider this to be an expoilt. But if this went to live, it would be game breaking.

So to get all the tech fragments (and jawa junk) you need to test the new vendors out.

Create a new level 1 character (imp side) on the PTS, then use the terminal to go to Odessen (make sure you set your advanced class before you use it). Boost to lvl 75 and then grab all the free credits you need from the terminal there.

By that terminal there is a new droid vendor that sells new stims/medpacks. Buy a stack of 810, then dismantle it. You now have 3000 tech fragments. Or buy a stack of 9999 to get a ton of jawa junk if you need it.

Swap to another alt that you have on the fleet parked by the new vendors and spend away (the tech fragments are legacy bound, with a max 3000 cap). Then repeat.

I spent a few hours doing this last night to see how gearing from the new vendors works. The RNG is abysmal. The amount of fixed stat (non modable) gear gear that drops is WAY too high, along with items that you can't use with the current class and spec.

And for even more RNG options, when you get the set bonus gear from the Kai Zykken vendor, the mods and enhancements in those pieces is also all RNG.

I haven't verified, but from what I was told, if you have biochem as a crew skill, you don't get tech fragments using this method.

You also don't get tech fragments from "lesser" vendors...such as Revan's holostatue. Or, I'm presuming, starter planet med droids.

Looks like it has to be max value green vendor stims/medpacks for this to work.

Still....PTS....so free credits.

Edited by Darev

I haven't verified, but from what I was told, if you have biochem as a crew skill, you don't get tech fragments using this method.

Correct, if you use an alt that you copied over that has biochem, they will not get any tech fragments, just jawa junk when dismantled.

But with a new alt boosed from level 1, they have no crew skills, and for whatever buggy reason, when the new stims/medpacks are dismantled, you will get tech fragments.

Edited by Flying-Brian

You also don't get tech fragments from "lesser" vendors...such as Revan's holostatue. Or, I'm presuming, starter planet med droids.

Looks like it has to be max value green vendor stims/medpacks for this to work.

Still....PTS....so free credits.

I observed this as well. To buy the hundreds of grade 11 medpacs or stims needed, it needs to be a medical droid, and the player needs to be 75. The player can buy and then deconstruct a stack of 810 or so and receive 3000 tech fragments to go buy gear with.

However, if the character has Biochem the return is different: Jawa Junk, yes. Bioanalysis mats, yes. A few Scavenging mats. Maybe even a few Slicing materials. Tech fragments: no.

This is probably bugged on several fronts.

Edited by TerraStomper

For testing out the sets and tacticals this is great.

But I pray this won´t go live or it would be the first time the game is pay to win.

We shouldn´t get tech fragments for dismantling at all.

Pay to Win usually refers to paying *real*world*money* for stuff that gives an advantage that, in the purist interpretation *cannot* be countered by gameplay. Example: League of Angels, well known for its top gear tiers that aren't available anywhere but by paying money. Well, it's also notorious for its heavily sexualised (the word I want to use begins with "P" and is probably censored here) promotional imagery, but ...

For testing out the sets and tacticals this is great.

But I pray this won´t go live or it would be the first time the game is pay to win.

We shouldn´t get tech fragments for dismantling at all.

Pay to Win usually refers to paying *real*world*money* for stuff that gives an advantage that, in the purist interpretation *cannot* be countered by gameplay. .

Given the amount of credits some folks are sitting on (billions) compared to average/newer players (tens of millions at best), if there is something where throwing 100 million credits at a vendor will allow me to simply buy set-bonus items from the vendor on fleet...then you're both right IMHO.

It's not what normally gets called "pay to win" but it would clearly be a case of "folks who have been around for forever, or took advantage of exploits to get credits but didn't lose all their gains, will be head-and-shoulders above the average player as soon as the expansion hits". I'm not talking about someone who had the patience to grind for 258s on Ossus, I'm talking about someone who could have come back after two+ years, found out that their 200 million credits from old exploits never got taken away, and then goes straight from e.g. level 65 to full new set bonus.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This no longer works, unfortunately... The equipment you get from the medical droids are now unable to be deconstructed! Kinda wondering what the new Meta is other than spammer station!

Why would we need to get infinite tech frags on the PTS anymore? This expansion has been out since October of 2019, so we don't need all of the tech frags on the PTS anway. Not to mention when they came out with the NiM Dxun gear I don't remember needing to spend any tech frags to get it and test it.