FFS fix stealth in PVP

Tankqull

its rediculous that it takes up to 4sec after exiting stealth to attack the stealther due to this horrible enginge that is used.

thats one of the reasons op/scoundrels are percieved to be overpowered as they are able to cast 2 heals after exiting stealth before they can be targeted. (having an target marker above them shows this quite obviosly as they are rendered imidiatly after exiting stealth while this god darn rubbish enginge is unable to do the same to the character itself.)

so FFS do sth Buy´o´ware!

Edited by Tankqull

I rarely have any issue with it. When I get hit its always from behind so camera spin and auto target will grab him on my first skill use whether he is rendered yet or not.

But yeah, render lag in this game is ridiculous. Having a static sprite pre-cached for all people in a match just seems like "duh" from a programming perspective (I'm not a graphics engine programmer, i work on databases, but i can think of a list of solutions off the top of my head).

Why it wasnt solved in the game engine itself, or by BW while implementing stealth, is a mystery to me.

That is not one of the reasons why scoundrels are considered OP, but ok. But yes, the game engine is terrible, and it takes a couple seconds after someone unstealths for them to be able to be targetted by tab targetting, and another couple seconds for them to be rendered after becoming targettable. Out of all the issues with PVP in this game, the inferior engine is probably the one that has driven away the most of my friends. It's the underlying reason why none of my friends who really like open world PVP still play, and the ability lag, ghost GCDs, awful FPS in warzones, and other issues of this vein have made many more of them- who still like the game at heart- just throw in the towel with it. It really is a shame. Edited by JediMasterSLC

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have played this game since beta and not once have I experienced what you are talking about. BTW I play from Australia with 250ms - 350ms ping and I never ever tab target. I use "target nearest" friend or enemy. Edited by JackNader

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have played this game since beta and not once have I experienced what you are talking about. BTW I play from Australia with 250ms - 350ms ping and I never ever tab target. I use "target nearest" friend or enemy.

Well a lot of people apparently have this problem. Also, I have "target nearest enemy" bound to tab, so yeah.

I'm a beta tester too and a player since launch. This has only been happening to me since 2.0.

A stealther, like concealment or deception will open up on me out of stealth and pretty much kill me by the time they are rendered and able to be targeted. If they are marked, however, their mark will be visible before their body is rendered and they can be targeted.

I'm with you on this OP, it's not just you.

Hardware issue? lmao... pftt. Seeing it since 2.0 as well. This is a very serious issue that could cause a team to lose a ranked game or w/e (state of ranked atm aside).

How can it be a hardware issue, if many people have seen this happen daily (can they all be running the same set up? same vid card?... yeah right). Even if it is a hardware issue, Devs know they need to ensure the game runs at its best case scenario on all major system set ups / major vendors' products etc...

Squash this BS bug NAO. I'm tired of this company's sub-par ****, and often ask myself "Why are you still playing this?"....

FYI: My toon still turns invisible sometimes, where all I can see is my weapons floatn (great fix BW, great fix (not))...

Edited by Seengularity

This- I can't recall this ever happening before 2.0.

Beta player also and I have never seen anything like this and I have the added disadvantage of playing with 200ms from australia to the bastion. Even when playing on PoT5 with 300ms I don't get it.

It must be a hardware issue or something on your side bc we all access the same client and server but only some get this.

That is not one of the reasons why scoundrels are considered OP, but ok. But yes, the game engine is terrible, and it takes a couple seconds after someone unstealths for them to be able to be targetted by tab targetting, and another couple seconds for them to be rendered after becoming targettable. Out of all the issues with PVP in this game, the inferior engine is probably the one that has driven away the most of my friends. It's the underlying reason why none of my friends who really like open world PVP still play, and the ability lag, ghost GCDs, awful FPS in warzones, and other issues of this vein have made many more of them- who still like the game at heart- just throw in the towel with it. It really is a shame.

I have the same problem. But I know its my hardware that I use. I barely meat the minimum requirements set by the game, but the computer is on the aging side. So its probably slower than what it says. Also, windows xp is still better than this new crap. takes way less power, easier to understand, and doesn't limit you (except for new updates for drivers) of any new stuff. It might help if you change your windows back to an xp version (if you have one that is). Be prepared to lose sound on occasion as I haven't found a regular site yet that isn't virus hell that will and still update the xp version to today's standards.

Good luck! And perhaps consider getting yourself a better computer like I am....

Edited by FatZomby

Hardware issue? lmao... pftt. Seeing it since 2.0 as well. This is a very serious issue that could cause a team to lose a ranked game or w/e (state of ranked atm aside).

How can it be a hardware issue, if many people have seen this happen daily (can they all be running the same set up? same vid card?... yeah right). Even if it is a hardware issue, Devs know they need to ensure the game runs at its best case scenario on all major system set ups / major vendors' products etc...

Squash this BS bug NAO. I'm tired of this company's sub-par ****, and often ask myself "Why are you still playing this?"....

FYI: My toon still turns invisible sometimes, where all I can see is my weapons floatn (great fix BW, great fix (not))...

lol. Mine does too. Its as if my computer can't handle the graphics in pvp. But I can't get any lower on my graphics or I will always be in a black screen...lol. Anyway, read my above post. you may wish to consider lowering your graphic settings a bit and see if that helps out in pvp. it should.

I do think though that invizies do have that advantage in all matches that allow them to get that massive blow in before becoming visible. doesn't matter if its one-two full hits, those hits are a major factor in deciphering the winner. Also, there should never be a way to go invizy if your a healer as they can heal within reaction times of others to avoid the healing. Unfair, and very bad, way of exploitation. Invizies should only ever have the advantage of gaining position. Not an advantage of getting heals and lethal blows in before the opponent can react....

Even if it is a hardware issue, Devs know they need to ensure the game runs at its best case scenario on all major system set ups / major vendors' products etc...

This- stop making excuses for the crappy Hero engine.

I do think though that invizies do have that advantage in all matches that allow them to get that massive blow in before becoming visible. doesn't matter if its one-two full hits, those hits are a major factor in deciphering the winner. Also, there should never be a way to go invizy if your a healer as they can heal within reaction times of others to avoid the healing. Unfair, and very bad, way of exploitation. Invizies should only ever have the advantage of gaining position. Not an advantage of getting heals and lethal blows in before the opponent can react....

.........you must not have a stealth toon.