Lethality pvp nonsense, 1v3s galore

Dude, that was totally insane! That was like stage 4 cancer. heh

Those poor bastards.

The funniest thing to me was the 1v2 againt 2 ruffian scoundrels.. as lethality.. That's like the most dull, slow fight possible but it happened

Edited by QuiveringPotato

The funniest thing to me was the 1v2 againt 2 ruffian scoundrels.. as lethality.. That's like the most dull, slow fight possible but it happened

I knew Operatives were good at that but that was just....it almost made me want to roll an Operative!

heh

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

yup, highest parsing spec + good selfheals + lots of bads who don't understand how to fight ops

lethality's parse damage is irrelevant in PVP, usually you're having to heal so much that it takes an even bigger toll on your dps than conc's does, that and the dotspread still doesn't want to work all the time

I literally ignore 99% of leth ops I see lmao

Edited by QuiveringPotato

lethality's parse damage is irrelevant in PVP, usually you're having to heal so much that it takes an even bigger toll on your dps than conc's does, that and the dotspread still doesn't want to work all the time

I think that would be the soundest manner of mitigating some of the crazy amounts of healing we some DPS specs do. This is one of the reasons I don't mind the healing potential of DPS Operatives that much, this is in and of itself something of a 'checks and balance'.

I think all DPS specs with healing should have the same design. It's your GCD to do with as you please, you wanna heal or do you want to do damage with it?

DPS shouldn't be doing healing and damage at the exact same time. [although I think perhaps DPS Sorcs should be an exception]. I can't remember the last time I saw someone putting on a band-aid at the same time they were punching someone.

This would than also be one of the benefits of playing a support class, and perhaps serve as a greater incentive to play one [either one], that they could do healing and something else at the same time [even a tank]. Obviously this could only apply to the application GCD of HOTs.

I don't expect this idea would have many fans however.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

• 2 weeks later...
If I didn't know QP, I'd say there had to be a hack going on here. I love my lethality op and really think it is the most underrated spec in the game. 1v1 I always believe that I can hold my own against any class. When you play it smart with the hit and run, you can do really well. But when I see you go 1v2 and your health bar is barely moving, I have to wonder how you are mitigating all that damage? Shield Probe and Evasion are good, but not THAT good and the class is squishy once those are on CDs. What's your secret?

• 2 weeks later...
If I didn't know QP, I'd say there had to be a hack going on here. I love my lethality op and really think it is the most underrated spec in the game. 1v1 I always believe that I can hold my own against any class. When you play it smart with the hit and run, you can do really well. But when I see you go 1v2 and your health bar is barely moving, I have to wonder how you are mitigating all that damage? Shield Probe and Evasion are good, but not THAT good and the class is squishy once those are on CDs. What's your secret?

Keep 2 kolto probes up on you at all times, and every roll (which also mitigates damage) use an insta-case kolto infusion, which does a lot of heals as well. Then LOS, reduced cool down shield, and reduction on evasion for damage taken, plus stealth out fight reset, you can survive quite a while as a leth operative.

Honestly, Leth's damage is actually good. If one plays Lethality like Concealment or just go tag opponents far away with dots and wait for someone to die, things simply won't work. And I'd say that Leth is more complicated to play than it seems. Your defenses are basically your heals. You have to basically switch on and off the aggressive button in proper moments.

Also, the dotspread works just fine. So if you play leth and you see it doesn't work, you're the one doing it wrong. Toxic Haze works just fine.

Well, with this statement, I could also say that Pyro PTs, IO mercs and Virulence Snipers can be ignored, as well. Majority of players that don't know the spec or haven't tried to wrap the head around on trying to use it properly will perform bad but that happens with any class, honestly.

• 1 month later...
What do you think of the mobile strategies utility? I'm pretty new to leth pvp, but I've been using it with great success so far. Punting people off the map, separating healers from their peels, getting a sticky melee off your back for a second, or the most satisfying of all, a huttball fire/acid kill.

What do you think of the mobile strategies utility? I'm pretty new to leth pvp, but I've been using it with great success so far. Punting people off the map, separating healers from their peels, getting a sticky melee off your back for a second, or the most satisfying of all, a huttball fire/acid kill.

Its not terrible, but I personally don't think its the most useful choice. Having a knockback is very helpful, but its also very situational. I find Revitalizers is necessary for its healing and damage reduction and Curative Agent once again for its healing. You live longer, you do more damage. And you always need that.