There's WAY Too Much Stuff and Too Fast

PetFish

Too many pets, Too many speeders. Too many weapons. Too many crystals. Gear isn't too bad.

It feels like they're throwing out WAY too much stuff too quickly and too soon. How many more saber hilts and guns and crystal colours are there? There can't be that many more variations left and I think they're going to run out of anything unique sooner rather than later.

Pets, ok, you can make any kind of alien or robot you want, but everything else looks similar, especially from a distance, until you get closer and sometimes even inspect the player, especially with sabers and pistols cuz they are so small. Speeders won't run out either.

However, soon we'll have crystals of blue, light blue, sky blue, powder blue, dark blue, cyan blue, navy blue, etc and they all look pretty much the same.

They keep releasing all this stuff and I wish they'd do something more "meaningful" for characters such as allowing us to change the colour/shading of our gear or, what I really wish they had, character stuff like tattoos, piercings, hair, etc.

I really don't think having 200 pets where 10 at a time are just different colours is very fair to the community. We look at our toons every day in the loading screen and in ops and stuff and they always look the same. Only thing that changes it is if you change chests and heads, can't even view the whole outfit. I have a decent spreadsheet to track which of my characters have what but it's so bloated it's ridiculous.

TL;DR

Too much, too soon. There won't be anything unique left by end of summer. It feels like 3 years worth of stuff in a few months.

PS - This is my first MMO so if this is status quo, then I'll shut up, but being an MMO-virgin gives me a certain perspective on the game cuz I *can* look at it without expectations and this is what I'm feeling about how much stuff is coming out and how quickly.

"Our game has so many issues and un-patched bugs, let's throw more bugged cosmetic stuff out and get more money"

You do realize the cartel store content team and the bug testers are COMPLETELY unaffiliated right?

Separate team?

As in different jobs?

As in not even SLIGHTLY connected?

You do realize the cartel store content team and the bug testers are COMPLETELY unaffiliated right?

Separate team?

As in different jobs?

As in not even SLIGHTLY connected?

We know this, but there is still a budget for development and BW employs and pays the people who make armour when that same money could be used to employ different people to do something different.

I'm not going to claim that they should throw everything at bug fixes. That's just ridiculous. The OP does have a point though. I don't need any more colour crystals! I'm all for cosmetic stuff, but not this cosmetic stuff. Personally I'd like to see BW throw some of its "cosmetic stuff" budget on improving idle animations (which are awful), creating a better emote system and making chat bubbles work.

So, not an artist, I guess. Actually, there are infinite variations on color.

I am strongly in favor of overwhelming variety in look, color, etc. In fact, the lack of this is what so many of us have been complaining about since beta.

One of these days, maybe they'll even give us the battle expulsor chest with the hood down, and I can stop looking for a new look all the time.