Soloing Snowblind

Dunno if someone has already done this (even back in lv50 times o_O), but I thought I'd chime in to tell you about my bout with da big cat!

2/12/32 Sage (lv 55 naturally) with an average gear of little over 66. The first 75% of his health were really easy, he did virtually no damage to me and it was just boring to get that far. At about 25% he enraged and that's where things got interesting. I had to use Force Barrier to make sure I survived the next snowstorm, and CC-breaked away from the next. Had to heal a bit at times, but in the end I got really lucky and resisted most of his damage. Had the added help from a Rakata medpac, a Rakata Power Adrenal and the latest lv52 Willpower stim. I got him down on my second try, after realising I wouldn't pass the enrage without using my CD's more wisely.

Anyone else tried this as of late? :)

PS. to that Sorc: get a life. :p

Edited by Memo-

Dunno if someone has already done this (even back in lv50 times o_O), but I thought I'd chime in to tell you about my bout with da big cat!

2/12/32 Sage (lv 55 naturally) with an average gear of little over 66. The first 75% of his health were really easy, he did virtually no damage to me and it was just boring to get that far. At about 25% he enraged and that's where things got interesting. I had to use Force Barrier to make sure I survived the next snowstorm, and CC-breaked away from the next. Had to heal a bit at times, but in the end I got really lucky and resisted most of his damage. Had the added help from a Rakata medpac, a Rakata Power Adrenal and the latest lv52 Willpower stim. I got him down on my second try, after realising I wouldn't pass the enrage without using my CD's more wisely.

Anyone else tried this as of late? :)

You have a companion.. they are useless in WorldBoss fights apart from the allowing you to use HeroicMoment/Unity abilities..

Only chiming in because of companion comment. If you properly equip them, like you would a character. The companion that most offsets your class can be helpful. Basically you DPS, they heal tank. The comp can buy you time. They are still cannon fodder, but you may have enough time for a long cool down to pick back up, ad that bit of damage that turns the tide while distracting the boss long enough for you to get in more strikes. Sometimes with limited adds the healers can sit back there and continue to heal pretty much left alone (yes give me every example to contrary now).

My mains are pure DPS (Sentinel/Merc) so soling a world boss or even at level heroics or fps will need to wait until I can do what our special ops do, laser mark them and get an air strike.

I do want to see this thread go further

Only chiming in because of companion comment. If you properly equip them, like you would a character. The companion that most offsets your class can be helpful. Basically you DPS, they heal tank. The comp can buy you time. They are still cannon fodder, but you may have enough time for a long cool down to pick back up, ad that bit of damage that turns the tide while distracting the boss long enough for you to get in more strikes. Sometimes with limited adds the healers can sit back there and continue to heal pretty much left alone (yes give me every example to contrary now).

My mains are pure DPS (Sentinel/Merc) so soling a world boss or even at level heroics or fps will need to wait until I can do what our special ops do, laser mark them and get an air strike.

I do want to see this thread go further

Companions are useless in WB fights. At the start Boss do some intimidating move that make your companion be mezzed till the end of the fight.

Actually a Companion was needed for solo'ing the Coruscant World Boss because they counted as a party member for obtaining a debuff, otherwise he'll just do a ton of damage to you. Not sure if the ability still hits you at 55.

However for Snowblind, if you stand behind your Companion you can force he/she/it/them to take the freezing debuff for you and you won't be frozen in Ice.

cool this gives me hope in soloing snowblind myself as a sage dps currently need just 3 enhancments for full black market gear with these stats

1296 bonus damage

26.5 crit chance

77.5 crit multi

30200 hp

2897 armor rating

sounds like i would have no problem doing this boss

You have a companion.. they are useless in WorldBoss fights apart from the allowing you to use HeroicMoment/Unity abilities..

I haven't tried, but I imagine you could also use Sacrifice on them to heal yourself for 40% of your total HP if you're an Imp.

Actually a Companion was needed for solo'ing the Coruscant World Boss because they counted as a party member for obtaining a debuff, otherwise he'll just do a ton of damage to you. Not sure if the ability still hits you at 55.

However for Snowblind, if you stand behind your Companion you can force he/she/it/them to take the freezing debuff for you and you won't be frozen in Ice.

Oh, SD-0's attack definitely still hits at 55... its very unpleasant.

Soloing Snowblind is entirely luck based since his roar 1-shots you with 10 stacks and enrage (and does way too much damage if you cannot heal from it outside enrage)

Just gotta hope you resist all those you cannot CC-break / Force Barrier / Resilience out.

Both gj anyways, I tried it on my shadow tank and just Force Cloaked after seeing that I couldn't possibly outheal his enrage.

just soloed snowblind myself today on my sage basically full black market gear

healing definitely helped and using force barrier to avoid the frozen thing

when his enrage hit the roar seemed to miss me at times cause quite often it either did little to no damage or it would take me down to 49 percent

Just did it as Watchmen Sentinel without companion/heroic moment or anything of that kind, rebuke during combat and then chillax during snowstorm, if needed, pop saber shield during next batch of combat and then heal using zen/zeal.

Never went below 70% HP, boss enraged at 6% but still didn't do any damage, very simple boss but it drops **** and took me about 10min to get down.

• 1 month later...

Solo'd him today.

LVL 55 SAGE

I respect to max selfheal ( 4 / 12 with Telekintic Def / Rest with Focused Insight and Psychic Absorption ).

It was my first try so I don't know if I would have killed him with my normal max Dmg Spec ...

I used forcebarrier on cooldown during snowstorm (to not get stuned), heroic moment und the light side dmg reduction thingie while my companion was there.

He enraged at 40 % and killed my companion. (I healed and shielded him during the snowstorms, but than I got mana problems with the enrage). I got down to 10% hp and even less mana but prevailed ... I don't know how long I needed, but it felt like an enternity :-) (If the enrage timer ist about 8 min, so maybe 15 mins?)

I haven't tried, but I imagine you could also use Sacrifice on them to heal yourself for 40% of your total HP if you're an Imp.

Well, Unity is better IMO. 50% dmg reduc combined with 25% reactive shield awwwww yeah! :D