Sith Warrior or Smuggler?

Shotgonius

It'd be easier to compare JK and SW... smuggler and SW are very different combat styles and VOs and stories... I haven't played SW as much but Smuggler. But the Smuggler (male and Im sure female too) has some of the funniest coolest lines... I've laughed the most at some of the exchanges than any other class/story. Great VO. Smuggler VO seems more free that way. Smugglers the rebel/bad ***/witty suave dude, SW is the bad ***/broody/evil/harsh/or honorable dude depending how u want to play it. I guess SW has more range morality wise there in choices.

So hard to say very different imo. Both enjoyable imo :)

The voice acting of both the Sith Warrior and Smuggler is perfect, among the best of the game.

The storylines are also great, but in a very different way (The poster above me explained it already). I think the companions for the SW are kind of meh, while the companions for the smuggler (specially the last one) are somewhat more interesting.

Regarding ACs, it all depends on what you plan to do (Healer, Tank, DPS, PVE or PVP)

Edited by Morlaak

I played both and imo smuggler is more fun to play than sw. I stopped playing my sw (dps) at lvl 48 then switched to my smuggler (healer). idk, but the sw's story line is boring me to death. hehe Anyways, hope you'll enjoy playing whatever class you choose.. :)

I play both, female Smuggler and a male Warrior (he is only lvl 26 though). They are very different! So it is largely a matter of personal taste. Though both have excellent voice acting, IMHO.

My Smuggler is a sass with clever lines, and her story wasn't all that epic feeling but it had some really funny parts. She seems more like a "normal" person that just happens to rise to awesomeness. On the other hand, I find the Warrior more powerful and commanding from the start, your character gets a lot of respect and feels strong.

As far as Companions go, I prefer the SW's so far, though they are both pretty good. If you are playing a male character I think the Smuggler's romance options are a lil bit better; but what do I know, I'm a girl. xD

Play style wise, if you want to do melee DPS I personally would suggest the SW, at least for PvE. I would definitely recommend Scoundrel if you want to go healer though, I really like the mobility and the resource system.

Good luck choosing, and have fun! :)