Remember when PvP was fun?

Sinvx

Like back at release? Now its well not fun. DCD spam, stupid amounts of sustain, roll away 2500 meteres and run away at 8726% movement speed.

Lets not forget the glory days of hybrids.

What exactly happened?

Edited by Sinvx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like back at release? Now its well not fun. DCD spam, stupid amounts of sustain, roll away 2500 meteres and run away at 8726% movement speed.

What exactly happened?

At release the PVP was atrocious. It didn't get better till maybe MAYBE 2.0-3.0ish

PVP at launch was a bunch of sages/sorcs with an extremely very low skill cap killing everything and most other people playing classes with much higher skill caps that took time to learn or non viable pvp classes/specs until 3.0ish.

Nothing exactly happened; All/Most of the players who could actually dps don't play anymore that's why nothing dies plus crutch pvp; I mean guard mechanics.

Not to mention people not using interrupts/stuns to healers, and everything else bad players do too long of list tbh

It's not really the things you are mentioning here that are the issue

Edited by AocaVII

It would be much improved by my not having to play teams in pugs all day. Sorcs are what I mostly play and they're just designated as snacks for the medium and heavy armor.

SWTOR should have pugs playing other pugs, not teams.

Make a special queue for those who are joining up alone, and put them in warzones, together.

More and more unneeded abilities were added without checking their power in PvP.

More abilities started to do two things at once.

More CC came into the game.

Alacrity was reworked to actually function and it scaled with a good amount of CC's so CC's got a lower CD.

Slows started coming out above 50% outside of force crush which was the strongest for a very long time.

Powertechs got a silly utility that slows for 75% for 15s, on a 30second CD. Which is yellow & AoE. Often a DPS boost too, so tons of reasons for them to use it. It can completely negate the movement buff from predation every time it's up.

Tacticals got introduced, there's no way to properly bolster these bad boys and probably never will. These should either be cheaper or fundamental for anyone trying to PvP.

Set bonuses got changed and take quite a while to get and for some unreasonably pricey so they may not even bother. Bolster cannot make up for the giant gains players now get from set bonus, it's just not possible without breaking bolster.

Bolster while it was good preamplifiers, new set bonuses that are extremely good and tacticals. Now it's a baseline courtesy that can't even come close to allowing a new player to be competitive with a veteran that's at least geared.

Resolve system, while I think it's fine I do think it needs tweaks. There's too many knockbacks and with that there's tons of 'extended' knockback versions of each one. Including roots, these things are extremely powerful and often a lower cooldown which makes it very frustrating when there's multiple when you're playing melee. I don't agree with auto root on a knockback if you can extend your knockback distance. Fundamentally to me you should have to take a utility to choose extended distance or root as most ranged classes now have roots available to them. (Missile blast, leg shot. While Lightning doesn't it's got an aoe root/slow tied to its main dps ability.)

Chain lightning, as stated previously this ability is AoE. Its roots and slows, it can be reset with elemental convection or even with force storm if you don't have the tactical. This tactical alone makes lightning absolutely insane against most classes in 1v1 due to how many roots you can spam on them while staying mobile. While I think sorcerer/sage needs something having an AoE root is causing mass desync and rather unfun experiences for all melee in PvP atm. It would be far more balanced if the root was removed to prevent desync but put the root on another ability like TB.

Diversion & Force bound two overpowered abilities that make no sense in the realms of balance.

Marauder has obfuscate its white damage accuracy reduce it's a higher reduction than diversion but only works on that single damage type. Diversion is AoE and works on both and is 45%. Force bound is AoE and comes into affect after intimidating roar is over giving max uptime of shutdown of 12s. This is 70% for 6s against yellow damage only.

These abilities aren't balanced in terms of the rest of the game and will always make both of these classes sought after in group play. Diversion was fine when it was a single target because it made it comparable to obfuscate.

Force bound was overkill and never needed, intimidating roar scales with alacrity. Immortal tanks can get it down to 39s! CD. Carnage can get it down to 30s with berserk! This is not okay!

Matchmaking for regular warzones. While in the beginning, it was great, it desperately needs to tweak more.

Realistically with a good tank, you do not need more than one. Most okay to decent healers don't do enough to cover good DPS, while yes it's part of their skill level is the problem it's also that some damage is unhealable. (meteor brawler still gets buffed by superheated fuel. Viral elements still hits main target twice destroying a tank in a single gcd.) I think the limit of healers should be set to 3, with 1 tank ONLY if the other team can match it. Two heals on one team needs to be more common as the amount of healers I see do nothing or get out hps'd by a DPS is way too high.

While against new players with meta specs you can still 1vx pretty easily it definitely doesn't feel fair for them even remotely. Here's a prime example https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanCovertGazellePhilosoraptor

Most of these players don't have either gear or tacticals let alone can afford amplifiers. Bolster literally helps them none in this situation other than being meat bags.

More and more unneeded abilities were added without checking their power in PvP.

Alacrity was reworked to actually function and it scaled with a good amount of CC's so CC's got a lower CD.

Slows started coming out above 50% outside of force crush which was the strongest for a very long time.

Powertechs got a silly utility that slows for 75% for 15s, on a 30second CD. Which is yellow & AoE. Often a DPS boost too, so tons of reasons for them to use it. It can completely negate the movement buff from predation every time it's up.

Tacticals got introduced, there's no way to properly bolster these bad boys and probably never will. These should either be cheaper or fundamental for anyone trying to PvP.

Set bonuses got changed and take quite a while to get and for some unreasonably pricey so they may not even bother. Bolster cannot make up for the giant gains players now get from set bonus, it's just not possible without breaking bolster.

Bolster while it was good preamplifiers, new set bonuses that are extremely good and tacticals. Now it's a baseline courtesy that can't even come close to allowing a new player to be competitive with a veteran that's at least geared.

Resolve system, while I think it's fine I do think it needs tweaks. There's too many knockbacks and with that there's tons of 'extended' knockback versions of each one. Including roots, these things are extremely powerful and often a lower cooldown which makes it very frustrating when there's multiple when you're playing melee. I don't agree with auto root on a knockback if you can extend your knockback distance. Fundamentally to me you should have to take a utility to choose extended distance or root as most ranged classes now have roots available to them. (Missile blast, leg shot. While Lightning doesn't it's got an aoe root/slow tied to its main dps ability.)

Chain lightning, as stated previously this ability is AoE. Its roots and slows, it can be reset with elemental convection or even with force storm if you don't have the tactical. This tactical alone makes lightning absolutely insane against most classes in 1v1 due to how many roots you can spam on them while staying mobile. While I think sorcerer/sage needs something having an AoE root is causing mass desync and rather unfun experiences for all melee in PvP atm. It would be far more balanced if the root was removed to prevent desync but put the root on another ability like TB.

Diversion & Force bound two overpowered abilities that make no sense in the realms of balance.

Marauder has obfuscate its white damage accuracy reduce it's a higher reduction than diversion but only works on that single damage type. Diversion is AoE and works on both and is 45%. Force bound is AoE and comes into affect after intimidating roar is over giving max uptime of shutdown of 12s. This is 70% for 6s against yellow damage only.

These abilities aren't balanced in terms of the rest of the game and will always make both of these classes sought after in group play. Diversion was fine when it was a single target because it made it comparable to obfuscate.

Force bound was overkill and never needed, intimidating roar scales with alacrity. Immortal tanks can get it down to 39s! CD. Carnage can get it down to 30s with berserk! This is not okay!

Matchmaking for regular warzones. While in the beginning, it was great, it desperately needs to tweak more.

Realistically with a good tank, you do not need more than one. Most okay to decent healers don't do enough to cover good DPS, while yes it's part of their skill level is the problem it's also that some damage is unhealable. (meteor brawler still gets buffed by superheated fuel. Viral elements still hits main target twice destroying a tank in a single gcd.) I think the limit of healers should be set to 3, with 1 tank ONLY if the other team can match it. Two heals on one team needs to be more common as the amount of healers I see do nothing or get out hps'd by a DPS is way too high.

While against new players with meta specs you can still 1vx pretty easily it definitely doesn't feel fair for them even remotely. Here's a prime example https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanCovertGazellePhilosoraptor

Most of these players don't have either gear or tacticals let alone can afford amplifiers. Bolster literally helps them none in this situation other than being meat bags.

Most people, won't read a wall of text or long paragraphs on a forum. You should break it up bullet or hyphen format etc

1-3 sentences per Idea etc;

I look at your post, and I scroll right by it.

Edited by AocaVII

What exactly happened?

I remember me killing 5 low-level with ONE Smash, it was amazing.

Pretty good analysis.

At release the PVP was atrocious. It didn't get better till maybe MAYBE 2.0-3.0ish

3.0 was when it started getting worse. The best time for pvp was 1.1-2.0. 1.0 was only bad because 50's were mingled with lowbies and the bag system was awful. Once they felt there was enough people at 50 they split the queue and they started fixing the bag system in 1.1.

PVP at launch was a bunch of sages/sorcs with an extremely very low skill cap killing everything and most other people playing classes with much higher skill caps that took time to learn or non viable pvp classes/specs until 3.0ish.

It was also a bunch of mercs spamming tracer missile....If only we had an ability to deal with that. Oh that's right, an interrupt. No one was using them so sorcs and mercs were everywhere. Meanwhile my watchman sentinel was eating mercs and sorcs for breakfast because I bothered to use my interrupts on them. Honestly all the classes were extremely balanced back then minus the hybrid issues.

Nothing exactly happened; All/Most of the players who could actually dps don't play anymore that's why nothing dies plus crutch pvp; I mean guard mechanics.

An entirely different issue, but yes guard should have been addressed a long time ago.

Not to mention people not using interrupts/stuns to healers, and everything else bad players do too long of list tbh

The irony....

It's not really the things you are mentioning here that are the issue

The things OP mentioned are pretty spot on. There's too much utility now a days.

There's always class issues, ability issues, and an imbalance in MMO PVP. It's the nature of almost every MMO (PVP) It's something you have to adjust to. The only ones that were game breaking were monkey smash oh and stun bubble on everyone.

There's nothing game breaking atm. Maybe, the 5 stealth on one team but that's not a single class issue. I have really don't have a problem killing things through all the DCDs and runs. GUARD YES BAD BAD BAD

I have no issues with the current PVP, in the way it's being presented by op and his or hers supporters.

@ Raansu you may have been on another server; had a different experience than I did.

In the early days, you couldn't even use casted abilities and move LMAO. How is that fun?

There was no movement/mobility in pvp; try being a healing sorc, and you have to stand in place with 3 melee on you with no walk, barrier, and no egress lol

I don't think in any way shape or form the pvp was better back then LMAO

Let me give you a short list:

(Resolve) Playing a melee class was hell; you would be cced half the match, literally

Mercs had awful defensives

Sorcs no movement; Operatives were the only thing you could heal on

Snipers no roll; no movement bad for kitting

For a while Juggs were almost God Mode

There were many classes and specs that were unplayable. You can pretty much play any class and spec in PVP atm.

People are having problems with dps sorcs; that's a joke lol. They need a little focus, and they die or run. Problem is the players not the classes. You can't let classes sit and spam albites unabated.

Do you know how much more powerful sorcs were at one time? It was close to sniper on wheels

Edited by AocaVII

What exactly happened?

PvP can be fun...but all too often you have to wade through tedious fights with absurd class imbalances before fun can be had.

There's always class issues, ability issues, and an imbalance in MMO PVP. It's the nature of almost every MMO (PVP)

1.1.5-2.0 were the best times for pvp and class balance. The only real issue was bubble stun.

In the early days, you couldn't even use casted abilities and move LMAO. How is that fun?

That's called balance. Why should you get the best of both worlds? Learn to kite and manage your instances. Why should you also have the option to use your channeled ability? The entire point of channeled abilities was to root you to the ground so you had to make the tough decision of risk vs reward on kiting vs finishing your channeled ability. One of the worst things they ever did was adding the utiliy to be able to cast on the move. That was absolutely stupid on BW's part.

There was no movement/mobility in pvp; try being a healing sorc, and you have to stand in place with 3 melee on you with no walk, barrier, and no egress lol

There was movement skills. They were just spread about among the specs and balanced around that aspect. Every spec didn't have road runnner utilities and that was a good thing.

I don't think in any way shape or form the pvp was better back then LMAO

It was 100% better back then. You had to use your damn head, everyone wasn't running around like road runner and everyone didn't have self sustaining utilities. It was significantly better. You had to play much smarter.

(Resolve) Playing a melee class was hell; you would be cced half the match, literally

No it wasn't. Before they changed resolve and completely borked it, getting whitebarred was basically instant and there also wasn't 5 billion stuns and roots like there are now. I actually spend more time stunned and rooted now a days than I did back then.

Mercs had awful defensives

They also deleted you in like 3 seconds if you left them alone. They were balanced in 1.1.5 before they nerfed their damage. They also got E-net in 2.0. The most cancer skill ever.

Sorcs no movement;

They had force speed, which was all they needed.

Operatives were the only thing you could heal on

Sorc healer and merc healers were just as strong in 1.1.5. It was 2.0 when ops got stupid, but sorc healers were still the better group healers. Mercs got screwed over in 2.0, but still had good single target burst heals.

Snipers no roll; no movement bad for kitting

Ya, that's a good thing. Giving them roll and all those other movement skills was stupid.

For a while Juggs were almost God Mode

During 1.1.5-2.0? lmao what? Veng spec was a ton of fun, but smash was their only good spec. You had to veng/tank hybrid to be any good. Juggs were the only bad spot during that time because their pure dps specs were bad or worse than their mara shared spec.

Do you know how much more powerful sorcs were at one time? It was close to sniper on wheels

They really weren't as strong as people made them out to be in 1.1-2.0. They were just the most popular one so there was a million of them running around in warzones. They were overall extremely balanced outside of bubble stun, and all they really needed to do was move bubble stun higher up in the lightning spec (like make it the second to the top tier of the tree)

1.1.5-2.0 were the best times for pvp and class balance. The only real issue was bubble stun.

That's called balance. Why should you get the best of both worlds? Learn to kite and manage your instances. Why should you also have the option to use your channeled ability? The entire point of channeled abilities was to root you to the ground so you had to make the tough decision of risk vs reward on kiting vs finishing your channeled ability. One of the worst things they ever did was adding the utiliy to be able to cast on the move. That was absolutely stupid on BW's part.

There was movement skills. They were just spread about among the specs and balanced around that aspect. Every spec didn't have road runnner utilities and that was a good thing.

It was 100% better back then. You had to use your damn head, everyone wasn't running around like road runner and everyone didn't have self sustaining utilities. It was significantly better. You had to play much smarter.

No it wasn't. Before they changed resolve and completely borked it, getting whitebarred was basically instant and there also wasn't 5 billion stuns and roots like there are now. I actually spend more time stunned and rooted now a days than I did back then.

They also deleted you in like 3 seconds if you left them alone. They were balanced in 1.1.5 before they nerfed their damage. They also got E-net in 2.0. The most cancer skill ever.

They had force speed, which was all they needed.

Sorc healer and merc healers were just as strong in 1.1.5. It was 2.0 when ops got stupid, but sorc healers were still the better group healers. Mercs got screwed over in 2.0, but still had good single target burst heals.

Ya, that's a good thing. Giving them roll and all those other movement skills was stupid.

During 1.1.5-2.0? lmao what? Veng spec was a ton of fun, but smash was their only good spec. You had to veng/tank hybrid to be any good. Juggs were the only bad spot during that time because their pure dps specs were bad or worse than their mara shared spec.

They really weren't as strong as people made them out to be in 1.1-2.0. They were just the most popular one so there was a million of them running around in warzones. They were overall extremely balanced outside of bubble stun, and all they really needed to do was move bubble stun higher up in the lightning spec (like make it the second to the top tier of the tree)

Okay I seen you PVP, and you have no clue LOL

I healed you on a good team; you were on a PT, and you did just about 4 k dps. I could do 4 k dps on a healing sorc pre 6.0. I really think you have no idea what you are talking about, just trying to sound smart. BADDDDDDD

Looks like you are just trying to disagree with everything I say lol

Oh and using the world cancer lightly. That's a clear sign of not knowing anything, and not having any compassion or understanding.

We done debating.

Edited by AocaVII

Yes, i played the other day and it was a blast. ;)

Seriously, it's the best PvP in an mmorpg for me. I love it to bits. If only Bioware tackled those pesky pre-mades in regs, i would be having fun non-stop.

Edited by Nemmar

Yes, i played the other day and it was a blast. ;)

Seriously, it's the best PvP in an mmorpg for me. I love it to bits. If only Bioware tackled those pesky pre-mades in regs, i would be having fun non-stop.

Well, a better match making system could essentially fix that but there's not enough players. You're not gonna stop people from making OP premades in game where you don't even need a full premade to be viable. A strong premade is not even necessary to win; the player base is too bad to need a strong premade; It's just to steam roll people and E PEEN

Before I get flamed here; it's okay to make a premade but making a premade with 4 elite or great players is overkill and will make people stop quin and kill pvp. This is the equivalent of a nuclear bomb versus a knife.

Also, I have no idea what some are complaining about here.

If the game was the way it was back then still, I don't think there would be any PVP

At launch and close to that time, I think I quit for a few months. PVP was awful.

Again, Problem now is huge lack of quality players and/or imbalance in matchmaking as I have already said.

Edited by AocaVII

Okay I seen you PVP, and you have no clue LOL

I healed you on a good team; you were on a PT, and you did just about 4 k dps. I could do 4 k dps on a healing sorc pre 6.0. I really think you have no idea what you are talking about, just trying to sound smart. BADDDDDDD

Looks like you are just trying to disagree with everything I say lol

Oh and using the world cancer lightly. That's a clear sign of not knowing anything, and not having any compassion or understanding.

We done debating.

4k? Only way I'd ever do dps like that is if its a fast match or its huttball and I do love my firepulls in huttball.

https://imgur.com/a/4L0J0u8 and the best part of that 9k match on my PT is I forgot to switch from my pyro tactical to my ap one. Probably would have done 10k if I had remembered to swap.

I know, I know, number farming is soooo hard. Seriously, bite me dude.

Instead of calling me clueless why don't you refute the post with legitimate response. Seriously, in what way do you think its balanced or ok for a ranged class to be able to run while channeling an ability. Literally defeats the point of making it a channel. The whole concept around channeled skills is to root you in place and force you to make a tough decision.

Also, are you even aware of the resolve change they made early on in the game? I imagine most people are not.

Edited by Raansu

4k? Only way I'd ever do dps like that is if its a fast match or its huttball and I do love my firepulls in huttball.

https://imgur.com/a/4L0J0u8 and the best part of that 9k match on my PT is I forgot to switch from my pyro tactical to my ap one. Probably would have done 10k if I had remembered to swap.

I know, I know, number farming is soooo hard. Seriously, bite me dude.

Instead of calling me clueless why don't you refute the post with legitimate response. Seriously, in what way do you think its balanced or ok for a ranged class to be able to run while channeling an ability. Literally defeats the point of making it a channel. The whole concept around channeled skills is to root you in place and force you to make a tough decision.

Also, are you even aware of the resolve change they made early on in the game? I imagine most people are not.

I said we are done. I don't talk to people who make light of serious diseases nor anyone who condones it just to have friends.

Go to a chemotherapy clinic or a funeral from some one who died from cancer. Try and help someone who is sick maybe, not make fun of them.

Look in the face of someone who in one week has deteriorated from looking healthy to not even looking like the same person, go and use the c word and joke about it with them and their family.

Some of this community, has for far too long been able to get away with this type of insensitivity to people with disease.

Are we promoting hate speech in this game? Is it a hate speech game/forum?

I am an empath 👍 I can read you like a book

http://brightmindposts.com/buzz/10-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-mess-with-an-empath-ever

Edited by AocaVII

I said we are done. I don't talk to people who make light of serious diseases nor anyone who condones it just to have friends.

Go to a chemotherapy clinic or a funeral from some one who died from cancer. Try and help someone who is sick maybe, not make fun of them.

Look in the face of someone who in one week has deteriorated from looking healthy to not even looking like the same person, go and use the c word and joke about it with them and their family.

Some of this community, has for far too long been able to get away with this type of insensitivity to people with disease.

Dude, what is your problem? Where has he posted about a disease or been insensitive about anything? The only thing I see is his legitimate responses to your posts and he is only discussing the game and nothing else.

All I’ve seen is you attack him with nonsensical stuff since he posted. Then tried to trash him as a bad player, which he’s not,

Are we all missing the subtext here or have you got the wrong person maybe?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Dude, what is your problem?

You don't have a problem with our community making fun of people with disease? and no I don't bow down to girls just because they're girls on the internet like guys tend to do lol

You sound pretty smart, a rational as a human being from your posts. Are you condoning making fun of people with cancer?

If you throw a punch online like a guy, be prepared to take one as a guy.

Forum is supposed to be constructive not making fun of sick people. The online being a girl doesn't require me to kiss your butt, white knight thing doesn't apply to me, not going to happen.

I'm not the type to be toyed with sorry by to disappoint.

I'm not going explaining myself if you can't read in between the lines idk what to tell you.

Yes I am going to defend people who are sick and have sicknesses, it's not good for an online community unless it's a hate one. Is that what this is?

I'm not responding to a non sense post if I get a quote from this one.👍

Ya u did miss his comment on how something is a cancer.

Edited by AocaVII

You don't have a problem with our community making fun of people with disease? and no I don't bow down to girls just because they're girls on the internet like guys tend to do lol

You sound pretty smart, a rational as a human being from your posts. Are you condoning making fun of people with cancer?

If you throw a punch online like a guy, be prepared to take one as a guy.

Forum is supposed to be constructive not making fun of sick people. The online being a girl doesn't require me to kiss your butt, white knight thing doesn't apply to me, not going to happen.

I'm not the type to be toyed with sorry by to disappoint.

I'm not going explaining myself if you can't read in between the lines idk what to tell you.

Yes I am going to defend people who are sick and have sicknesses, it's not good for an online community unless it's a hate one. Is that what this is?

I'm not responding to a non sense post if I get a quote from this one.👍

Ya u did miss his comment on how something is a cancer.

I did miss that comment and it’s not part of your quote. Am I meant to go back and reread his other posts to find it,

Dude you have a lot of pent up rage or anger at the world. You need to chill out a little. Most of your recent posts have been antagonist towards other posters like you are looking for someone to fight.

I don’t want to fight with you. I was just trying to understand the situation. And you go and attack me for being female.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I did miss that comment and it’s not part of your quote. Am I meant to go back and reread his other posts to find it,

It's fine we all make mistakes. I probably made more in one week than you have in a lifetime 👍

Well I'm doing this on my phone atm not very good at it👍

Edited by AocaVII

Dude you have a lot of pent up rage or anger at the world. You need to chill out a little. Most of your recent posts have been antagonist towards other posters like you are looking for someone to fight.

I don’t want to fight with you. I was just trying to understand the situation. And you go and attack me for being female.

Tbh this is amusing (I don't mean you; I'm referring to the whole topic). I have no anger at all dwelling in me, maybe injustice. I'm not calling you out for being female. I'm calling the guys out who put them on pedestals, just because of someone's sex shouldn't give them the right to have their butt kissed lol👍

Sounded like a punch to me until you saw what he posted so I responded in kind

We good though. Male or female, you're smart, nice, insightful, and very intelligent. I mean you can hate me if you want lol

I don't have any bad feelings towards you

I like to troll maybe it comes off to some as anger but I'm probably making it sound like it is when it's not; it's purposely just to press peoples buttons and make them think; and of course to make our community a better place

The ultimate goal is constructive criticism to better the game😇

Edited by AocaVII

It's more of a curse to be an empath unless you can realize and control it.

You basically feel everyone's pain, sickness, grief, disease, darkness, as if it were your own and anything that can suck the life out of you. You are basically feeling and thinking what they think, literally in their head and emotions; but it can be used in other ways; The dark side of an empath is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural lol

Some may feel threatened but mentioning it is meant to be more comedic and educational; not egotistical.

I realized when I was around sick people a lot and felt exactly what they did, and went home extremely sad and drained of everything.

This is way off topic but I tried to use it because some people here are using the terms lightly in this thread (since it's mostly PVPers who bigoted against people who are sick) to address the prejudices/callousness and lack of compassion against people who have diseases in our SWTOR community.

Posts/threads and forums are meant to help better a game/community.

Love you guys. I'm sorry some do not see it as I do. I have many many flaws more than most.

Narcissists/egomaniacs/megalomaniacs don't feel others pain FYI. They lack compassion. It's the polar opposite of an empath.

In the span of 3-4 years, I watched two aunts, a grandfather and an ex girlfriends mother die from cancer. Do people realize what it's like to see you're whole family on the laying on the FLOOR yes on the floor wailing and crying? Watch your girlfriend lose her mother, and your cousin a 12 year old lose his mother. I don't want sympathy.

Everyone has loss, I'm not special. Some I'm sure have had things much worse. It doesn't bother me and my own feelings; press my buttons, get me upset if someone uses the word. I feel bad for the people that have it and family members to hear someone use the word lightly. I don't think people should used it nor it be tolerated.

I never even heard that word used that way in real life must be internet bravery.

It's bigoted and prejudiced. If some are planning to make fun of me for sharing this believe me, gl you're not going to have any effect on me.

Edited by AocaVII

Oh give me a break dude....Getting that bent out of shape over a euphemism because I refer to something like electro net as cancer?

I've lost an aunt to breast cancer and a best friend to colon cancer. I've also seen a friend die right in front of me from a bullet wound and I've seen IED's go off on a truck in front of me where it killed 2 people and the driver had his leg blown off.

You aint special dude. Life sucks, we've all lost someone close at one point or another. Don't get so bent out of shape over a euphemism.

Edited by Raansu

Leave it to a civilian to think his idiotic decisions in life somehow put him in a position to educate and lead others. Freely offering unsolicited advice to anyone unfortunate enough to end up in the same thread as him.

Aoca you need to take a moment and realize that the average swtor player age is 30+. You aren't dealing with a bunch of children who don't know a damn thing about life. Most of us have been around long enough to endure hardship and loss in some way shape or form. Your experiences are unique to you, but that feeling of suffering and loss is not.

Your arrogance, preconceptions, and entitlement are on display for everyone to see. Assuming that since we partake in PvP ( or we're on the internet ) we've a greater chance of being morally bankrupt. Get outta here with that nonsense. That narrative in your head is part of the reason you manage to talk down to just about everyone on the forums as though they somehow lack the life experience to be your equal.

For f*ck's sake, do us a favor and get over yourself.