PTS Feedback - Rishi Apartment

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

A new 3-bedroom apartment has been added to the Rishi Cove Stronghold. You access it by unlocking the new secret cave room, and heading up the elevator. Please use this thread to post your feedback!

-eric

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

A new 3-bedroom apartment has been added to the Rishi Cove Stronghold. You access it by unlocking the new secret cave room, and heading up the elevator. Please use this thread to post your feedback!

-eric

I like it. However, in the hallway right when you come up the elevator, there are three fixed lights on the ceiling instead of ceiling hooks for our own lights. Any way to get these replaced with ceiling hooks before this hits live?

https://imgur.com/a/fBDetx6

Also, the large room in the apartment also has the same ugly fixed lights in it. Those don't need to be replaced with hooks but can they be removed?

https://imgur.com/a/DjEpw98

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

The explosions for opening up the cave could probably stop exploding after opening up the cave... I'd be pretty worried if my house had explosions at the entrance forever :D

Also, a quick travel up to the overlook would be nice too. Honestly, this whole stronghold is big enough you guys could probably put actual quick travel points in and no one would complain.

Edited by LordTurin

I echo the report of the explosions on the entrance continuing after the hidden cave area is unlocked. I find it kind of funny myself, and it seems to stop happening after one or two times upon approaching the area, but it's definitely a bug.

I'm actually pretty pleased with the hooks in the Rishi apartment. Good job! I also would like to see Ceiling hooks in the hallway for our own lights, as well as some regular hooks on the hallway floor itself as well as the side walls; right now there are only hooks on the ends of the hallway. Doors between the rooms would also be super nice!

Personally I love the fact there's no button for the elevator and you get a fun little zoomy trip up and down. However, I predict some people may not like it since it's possible to kill your toon off that way. I hope you keep it this way, but I would recommend letting the elevator wait at the bottom and at the top a bit longer though. It doesn't last long as it is now, and when you're RP walking I see a lot of people missing the elevator or missing getting off the elevator.

Edited by AscendingSky

In a group with my friend when using the grapple hook to go down, in shows the cinematic for both of us but when the other person is using the grapple hook we can't see them. Also the cave keeps exploding on approach to it. Also how do you get speedy eaten?

Also, a quick travel up to the overlook would be nice too. Honestly, this whole stronghold is big enough you guys could probably put actual quick travel points in and no one would complain.

Bah, we will always find a reason to complain. :rolleyes:

Love the apartment. With the arrival points being a per character setting, I can now have one char move into the patrol carrier and the other living in the apartment. Two homes for the price of one.

Some bugs:

Persistent explosions as the others wrote.

In the small room opposite to the balcony, the doorframe doesn't align with the wall, leaving a gap where you can see all the way through to the rocks. MahfVS3.jpg

Not sure if it's new or was always there, and I just haven't spent enough time in this corner, but there is this bright green light in the reflection map, that's quite distracting without there actually being a light source that is reflected.

AVZMetG.jpg

Also, only related to the apartment because I placed them there, but some useable decorations, (e.g. encrypted terminal, Jukebox Riveting Themes and Grand Metropolis) now return "Cannot See Target" when you try to use them.

Edited by Mubrak

Also, only related to the apartment because I placed them there, but some useable decorations, (e.g. encrypted terminal, Jukebox Riveting Themes and Grand Metropolis) now return "Cannot See Target" when you try to use them.

Actually not just related to the apartment, I put some jukeboxes across from the hillside room, where I have an outside cantina and it says Cannot see Target as well.

The top row of hooks in the main room of the apartment do not work:

https://imgur.com/a/olL3paI

In this screenshot, the second large wall hook from the right (with the circle on it) was selected and I put an Imperial Banner on it (the banner is currently placed as I get an option to pick it up). The banner does not display. I tried using medium and small hooks up there as well and those will not display decorations placed on them either.

It only looks like animated decorations work on those hooks (and then only the animations display):

https://imgur.com/a/JAxQcqM

Left to right: Waterfall, Armory Monitor, Iokath Battery Pack

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

OKAY, because someone decided to call me out for making my own thread for not seeing this one, I am reposting my comments here to comply with the forum police:

Major THANK YOU for being responsive to the player base. This wasn't part of what I asking for, but I'd like to commend the devs for listening and responding in such a short turn around time.

Excellent job!

Now all I have to do is be able to afford this stronghold and its 12 unlocks...

The overlook is accessible by going to where the cave entrance used to be. Click the terminal, blow up the rocks in front of the cave, and you're in. You're in your originally decorated cave. Take a sharp right to an elevator that's basically the one from fleet that goes up to the vip lounge in terms of how fast it moves.

1. No windows, but lots of wall hooks, so that's okay.

2. Thank you for putting the "you can enter here" thingy on the overlook's deck. This is definitely going to be my entry point.

3. Excellent view of the cove, and I see where you added more hooks on top of things.

4. Cute little "with haste" return.

The only thing I would ask for, and this just me being an A-1 klutz... a railing around the overlook's deck.

Actually I take this back, the railing would kill the view.

Good job!

Edit: 1 little bug -- the cave entrance keeps exploding every time you approach it.

Note: The first time down from the Overlook right after I unlocked it, I jumped down via the cliff to the beach, then approached the cave, and no matter how many times I backed up and approached it again, the cave entrance kept exploding. However, I then went to other strongholds and returned (testing the "you can enter here" thingy), used the "with haste" thingy to the beach, and the cave no longer exploded. However, that doesn't identify whether it was using the with haste option or leaving and returning that made the cave entrance stop exploding. Now that my stronghold is unlocked, dismissing it and purchasing it again isn't a valid test because the unlocks will be there.

Edit 2: While the trip down is survivable, I can also see how it would be nice to have a rope bridge or wooden stairs descending to the beach once the Overlook is unlocked.

Edit 3: Oh let's look into this room oh that was the elevator... DEAD. When I came back, I wasn't at my new starting point but the speeder at the cove, and the explosions returned.

Edit 4: Bug --- in the room at location 155, 138, there is a piece of rock showing every now and then depending on the viewing angle up at the ceiling in the corner. https://i.imgur.com/d4yIxZH.png

Edited by xordevoreaux

What they said, plus...

* PLEASE get rid of the buzzing flies sound, at least in the apartment? I'm not that filthy!

* Please put a Medium wall hook next to the elevator so I can put an Elevator Sign there. This is the perfect place for one Putting it on the wall that has the hook makes the sign appear from the side like a useless green line.

* Why are there hooks behind the "It's All 1 Wear" holo sign? I've tried putting a variety of things in those hooks, and combined with the holo sign, it's a muddled mess.

* The apartment outside deck needs an invisible wall. I usually hate invisible walls, but it's easy to trip over a piece of furniture or run around a statue and fall to one's death.

* I'm not very fond of all the craters on the beach, but it's a minor issue.

Edited by Xina_LA

I in no way ask this question to be insulting, but are you logged into the test server when you try?

Oh yeah, definitely TS. As i have to of course select TS to get onto that server only. I was actually able to see someone else's Rishi SH though, but for some reason, i can't get my own Rishi SH.:(

Edited by MandFlurry

for some reason, i can't get my own Rishi SH.:(

That's a shame Mad - coz the dev's have done a great job! At least you got to see someones else's. You could ask anyone in the Porg collective for an invite on PTS - its set up for testing the guild SH.

For the SWTOR dev team: you guys are awesome. The overlook apartment is a great addition, and it takes this SH to a whole new level, not because the apartment is so amazing (it's very nice, I'm not saying otherwise), but because as part of this overall SH it helps make Rishi unrivaled in terms of the variety and flexibility it offers. Your willingness to go above-and-beyond to add this, and the responsiveness you've shown on other feedback here, is just wonderful. It not only makes the SH just a better place in general, but it engenders a lot of goodwill in your most loyal playerbase too. So definite kudos deserved!

General apartment feedback: Like someone else mentioned, it would be nice if the place had windows, but ultimately that's not a game breaker (also, they'd be looking out onto rock, and no one wants that), and that balcony is lovely and more than makes up for it. I don't see much that needs changing here, though obviously the bugs that others have called out should be addressed. My only two suggestions would be:

• Add some Small hooks in the middle of the corridor wherever they might be wedged into the nooks in the walls. It would be nice to line this corridor with plants or some other deco. Not a big priority or anything, but just a thought.
  • As others mentioned, that elevator goes way too fast. I can understand that there's a balance that needs to be struck between the people RP walking and the people who just want to get to their apartment faster. But! With the option of a bind point up there for those who want swift access, I think erring on the side of "less chance of people dying because they didn't step out fast enough" is probably better. :D

Now, a couple thank yous, and then some final areas to call out for fixes or adjustments in places of the SH other than the apartment, because I'm sure this is now the primary SH feedback thread being monitored.

Thank you for adjusting the hook assignments on the Martial wall decos!! This is wonderful and I am so excited to use these, not just in PVP arenas (which I absolutely will), but everywhere. I now can build that maze on the Yavin plaza, and I can panel walls with that Sith Statue Wall, and I can create an animal pen on Tatooine, and I can block that middle ramp on the Huttball arena, and I can make that security cage, and just basically... it's going to be awesome. Thank you so much!

Also THANK YOU for changing the hooks in the Staging Room and on the viewing platform over the Team PVP Area! These were really the most painful adjustments still needed, and with these, plus the apartment (which mitigates the need to make the silo rooms fit all purposes), I feel more than willing to completely forget and forgive my frustrations with some of the remaining hook issues. That's how human psychology works, right? :) Enough frustrations add up and you're overall frustrated, but a few smaller frustrations alongside a lot of otherwise good stuff, and you are still happy and willing to shrug it off.

That being said, there are a small handful of hook change requests that I won't let go of because I think they are still fairly important. Here are the remaining ones I think are worth spending time on still if at all possible:

Patrol Carrier - Sky Deck Arena - PVP Related Feedback on Hooks

1. Floor ramps: Thank you for adding the hooks to the front of the floor ramps, but as was mentioned in other posts you also need to add hooks to the SIDES. That, or, you know, increase the X/Y axes, which we've been asking for anyway. :D The trouble even with the new hook added is that there's no way to get even the largest wall deco placed far enough back to prevent it still being an easy hop up onto the side of the stairs; at most it adds a half second delay. And because this hook can't be broken down into smaller hooks, we can't leverage the hook-assignment flexibility of the wall decos to add three of them to this spot and block the sides.

2. I strongly encourage you to add more hooks to all of the Sky Deck layouts. Because these are layouts that cover the whole deck, the individual hooks within them can't be broken down, which again means we can't fully leverage the new flexibility of the Martial wall decos. Because of the unique nature of this deck, it may be the singular exception to the general rule I keep spouting off (always place the largest hook possible for a given space provided it comes with the option to break the hook down). In this case, since the hooks in a layout must stay as they are, I recommend filling up the empty spaces in all of the layouts with a variety of hooks of all sizes: Larges, Mediums, Narrows, and Smalls.

The sky deck is where most of the player-designed PVP is likely to happen, and you should absolutely give us the most flexibility possible to be creative. Empty space here serves no real purpose. If we want empty space we can just not put decos out. But enforced empty space limits what we can do, especially when coupled with hooks that can't be broken down.

Beach, Island, and Open Water

The beach still needs more hooks!!! Or, at the very least, existing hooks need to be altered and shifted so that, one way or another, the following two things are accomplished: 1) There are hooks that reach the water line, and 2) The hooks that reach the water line can be broken down into SMALLS so that we can place PERSONNEL in the water!!!

Please give us more Floor Covering hooks! There are five now, which is better than the zero there were before... but five widely scattered little beach towels are still going to look... very strange.

We need more hooks in the water. Lots more. They need to be Large Standard Arrangement hooks, and there need to be more of them than you think there should be (because it's very clear your players want more hooks than you think they do), and they need to be widely scattered around.

Patrol Carrier - Escape Pods

Currently there are Large hooks in front of the built-in computer terminals, and a grid of Mediums in the back corners. Please swap this, so that the grid of Mediums is in front of the terminals and the Large is in the corners. The corners are ideal for large-sized decorations (like the shooting range to compliment the dummy, for example) that require Large hooks, whereas large decos blocking a built-in asset (particularly in a small room like this) makes less sense.

Patrol Carrier - Awning

Please move the Large Standard Arrangement hooks from the middle of the awning to the edge overlooking the arena. In order to decorate for spectating, they need to be near the edge, because from the middle you can't even see the arena.

As a side note, watching the process of what you are adding and changing as regards hooks in this SH is, if I'm reading between the lines correctly, giving me a real education on the limitations of how hooks can interact with the geometry of the scenery. In this specific respect, a lesson learned for future strongholds should maybe be that you try to use less assets/designs that would force these limitations. In other words: fewer built-in light or wall assets, fewer raised edges along walls that eat up floor space and limit hook placement, and etc. Obviously aesthetic must be considered and it's a balancing act between aesthetic and hook placement, but hook placement really is vitally important. It's how we interact with the SH, and that's the whole point of a SH.

Now if you could also be sure to address the below three important points before the SH releases, I really think everyone will be pretty much over the moon about this release:

1. Lift the personal cap on strongholds, ideally providing the option for people to purchase additional slots, with duplicate SHs if possible.
  2. Allow guilds to have more than one guild stronghold, so that they aren't forced to sacrifice their existing SH to get Rishi.
  3. Increase the X/Y axes!! I suggested from 20 to 40 because that would let us get Large-hook-only decos all the way to the actual edge of the hook, and I didn't know if going over 40 would break something. But others have suggested more than 40, and frankly increasing to the furthest limit that the game can feasibly support would really be the way to go. You just can't go wrong with giving us more flexibility.

That's a shame Mad - coz the dev's have done a great job! At least you got to see someones else's. You could ask anyone in the Porg collective for an invite on PTS - its set up for testing the guild SH.

Yeah, they did an awesome job,so much so, that i can easily get lost,lol. Sounds good i'm just coming back on.

Edited by MandFlurry

First off, I have to say no way did I expect you guys to listen to us cry about not having a residence. Even more so, respond in kind by going out of your way, pushing the delay by a week, and actually making one. I'm still shocked! Is this the new BIOWARE we are seeing? Can we expect more back and forth communication from here on? If so, then I truly applaud you guys. This is the way you interact with your player base! I can see great things happening if this continues. Thank you for the extra effort. We appreciate it :)

Now on to the Overlook...

I'll keep it simple.

Good:

You provided ample space with plenty of hooks. The layout is great. Several decent sized rooms. The interior has that cantina vibe. I'm digging the "Brownish" tone. The balcony is awesome. The view is spectacular.

Bad:

Explosions persist after unlocking cave entrance. Elevator moves way too fast. Rooms need doors. There are no windows. Balcony needs a railing. Incessant buzzing noise. Minor clipping issues on some walls, door frames, and corners. Some hooks do not work. Needs a bind or QT point.

PS: Slightly related, the beach area in front of cave sports the only Starship Hook for the ground portion of the Rishi Stronghold. For immersions sake, can you please add a Starship Hook to the main platform where we load in?

Final Thoughts:

You outdid yourselves with this Stronghold. Great F'ing job!!!

Edited by TonyTricicolo

I'm going to have to play with Jukeboxes now. I hate how they're so buggy on Nar Shaddaa, they don't work in half the places I want to use them (the sound fades in and out). I really, really don't want another SH with music issues.

I, too, wish we could go to the far hooks, but I can live with them as distant Starship landing areas. (Though I wonder how those visitors get to the ruined city without getting soaked.)

Edited by Xina_LA

It would be nice if we can go to all 3 islands, not just that selected 1. It makes no sense for us to drown, or get exhausted. We used to be able to swim just fine in SWG. I know this isn't SWG, but just saying since both were/ are Star Wars games MMO's.

I've never been able to get that Rishi SH, and i have logged and re-logged a lot of time Bioware.

when purchasing the SH from fleet, you do need the base 2.5mil credits on your toon to actually buy it. Even though it is free. so I would try that if you haven't.