Tank build - your thoughts please

TrooperCam

27/12/2 is what I have finally settled with. I tried running with 31/8/2 but felt that it just isn't quite right for me.

I am looking for something that I can tank in yet throw some damage around in. I found Energy Blast to be a bit of a waste and the the points in Counterattack coulod be used elsewhere seeing as I can remove them and still have about 40% on both shield and shield chance.

Charge also seems to be a waste for what you can do with it.

I love the extra points in Tactics as the interupt on a 6sec CD just seems to be so much more helpful than without. It also helps me when the players I'm grouped with either don't have or don't use an interupt. Also having Harpoon (Tactical Tools) on a slightly shorter timer helps as well.

Some of these things are possibly more to do with my PvP time and what I feel I need to bring to that game.

Anyways fire away and let me know what I am missing out on.

Thanks.

Some of these things are possibly more to do with my PvP time and what I feel I need to bring to that game.

This build only makes sense in a PVP context, which means I probably can't help you much with it. :p Power Armor is really good though, you might want to drop Frontline Offense for it.

For PVE there are a ton of wasted points in there, most of which should be fairly obvious. Improved cooldown on interrupt is not very useful most of the time in PVE (only fights I even notice I don't have it are Nightmare Pilgrim, HM Vorgath, and SM/HM Kephess, and it's not worth giving up the top of the shield tree and/or wasted points at the bottom of the tactics tree).

I'm pretty sure Energy Blast actually adds a ton to your total damage output over the course of a fight, not just from its no-GCD output, but also those energy cells keep adding up, giving you more Stockstrikes.

Thanks for your replies guys.

I want something to do both in but PvP is probably where I spend more time. Hence why I felt more need for the faster interupt. Force Lightning from everywhere on my server and hence why I feel that the 2 points in Frontline Def is worth it.

PvE wise the 31/8/2 is the build but as I am the off-tank when we do group runs I am wondering what I can get away with to just do daily/weekly HM's.

Edited by TrooperCam

31 point tactics can actually work well when skipping the points in high energy cell, but if you want a balance with the single build try out 18/23/0 with pulse generator & hold the line.

I'm kind of sad because we used to have a few builds that supported a good mix for damage and defensive. They've been broken and reduced in effectiveness with skill tree changes