Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

No matter what time they do maintenance it's going to piss some people off. So they go with the majority, which is in fact the US customer base. That's just life and there's no point in complaining about it.

Show me the data, that you have the majority. Now since you don't seem to understand I'll say it once more: we need separate maintenance times, not just one pissing someone off. It's not either US primetime or EU primetime. Perform maintenance separately for EU and US servers and voilla. Problem solved.

It's not life, there's a directive of the European Commity disallowing companies to disciminate their customers depending on the country they live in and since Bioware was kind enough to create a London department of their company they need to obey it. It's not only plain dumb but also illegal.

Regards,

Kalantris

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You contradict yourself in so many ways..why would the EU have more people playing in the AM than the US? are you saying that the EU is totaly opposite to the US in their work/social routines?

I don't think I said anything like that at all! If my post was misleading I'd like to know how, but what I mean to say is that while more people would be playing during the day on a workday than will be playing between say 2-8AM, the number still pales in comparison to the evening period which must be avoided for both EU and US as much as possible.

monitoring server populations over an extended HOLIDAY period/EGA/release is going to give acurate numbers?

That is a fair point, but it should give them a fairly accurate idea of exactly which hours of the day most people play on, even though it might not so far have given them an accurate idea of how the workday affects it.

Why are people still complaining? Maintenance lasted about 30 mins, the server are long back..You can only say that they didn't estimate downtime right, but give them a break, it's only the second maintenance after release. They did a very good job in bringing back online the servers so quickly.

Don't spend engergies in discussion for children.

The world doesn't rotate around US, there are two magnetic poles and the earth turn around that axis. And the globe is divided in 24 imaginary lines, each of them is called Meridian and represent a different Time Zone.

Summarizing there are a lot of those imaginary lines between Austin and the rest of the world. It's easy to understand, even for someone that is posting at 6AM in USA.

I think people should be allowed to decide what you want to do with their time with the same possibilities the ones unaffected by this are.

I think people need to realize to keep the game playable and up to date this is a necessary sacrifice. It's just a select few people that feel that they're entitled to everything they want. Just because you can't do what you want for a couple hours doesn't mean it's the end of the world. And if it ruins the fun of the game for you then it really wasn't that great for you anyways.

This is what I did and what you can do.

My account -> cancel my subscription

I am cancelling because: "Other"

Also: "Other"

Your comments: "EU MAINTENANCE CAMPAIGN"

If you want to force a change we need to pull altogether the right string in the right direction.

It's not about the downtime it's about principle service for us the EU player base.

If you do not wish that your concerns will be ignored in future, then please join me now.

#EU MAINTENANCE CAMPAIGN

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you serious ? Are you guys really implying you unsubbed because you couldn't play during 8 hours during one particular day ? Basically unsubbed because you like the game so much that not playing for 8 hours pisses you off ?

Logic has met a new low, I guess. This is patheticly sad. Or funny, I don't know.

Edited by kineticdamage

***!!!! If your USA friends are sleeping YOU CANT play with them , and now people in usa are sleeping while here is 13:29 PM.

I would not mind if they do manteinance in USA one day before Europe , during their sleeping time , and the next day here in Europe during OUR sleeping time , instead of forcing us to play anything else or doing wathever during the time we are PAYING to play (we want to do it or not).

I don't know what you're saying here... US and EU players never befriend each other because only one side is awake at a time?

Show me the data, that you have the majority. Now since you don't seem to understand I'll say it once more: we need separate maintenance times, not just one pissing someone off. It's not either US primetime or EU primetime. Perform maintenance separately for EU and US servers and voilla. Problem solved.

It's not life, there's a directive of the European Commity disallowing companies to disciminate their customers depending on the country they live in and since Bioware was kind enough to create a London department of their company they need to obey it. It's not only plain dumb but also illegal.

Regards,

Kalantris

You're going to get seperate maintenance schedules... eventually. But for right now you have to deal with the way it is. My point is complaining about it isn't going to make it happen any sooner. It'll be ready when it's ready. They have much more important issues to take care of right now.

Why are people still complaining? Maintenance lasted about 30 mins, the server are long back..You can only say that they didn't estimate downtime right, but give them a break, it's only the second maintenance after release. They did a very good job in bringing back online the servers so quickly.

I'm not complaining about today manteniance, this downtime is fine for me. We were protesting for the 10 hours downtime of last week from 11AM to 7PM at GMT+1.

And for all of those US players that think they're more playing SWOTR than Europeans, take a shoot: http://www.torstatus.net

I don't think I said anything like that at all! If my post was misleading I'd like to know how, but what I mean to say is that while more people would be playing during the day on a workday than will be playing between say 2-8AM, the number still pales in comparison to the evening period which must be avoided for both EU and US as much as possible.

That is a fair point, but it should give them a fairly accurate idea of exactly which hours of the day most people play on, even though it might not so far have given them an accurate idea of how the workday affects it.

So..you agree more people will be playing 8AM-3PM GMT than there would be 2AM-8AM,no one is asking for maintainance during the evening/peak times.

So their FAIRLY ACCURATE numbers show the compleate opposite to the above? and that the US is totaly opposite to the EU.

I think people need to realize to keep the game playable and up to date this is a necessary sacrifice. It's just a select few people that feel that they're entitled to everything they want. Just because you can't do what you want for a couple hours doesn't mean it's the end of the world. And if it ruins the fun of the game for you then it really wasn't that great for you anyways.

So why should europe pay the price of that? If maint can't be splitted they can do it once at this time and once in reverse, during night for europe. The thing that annoys us is how differently we are treated from other customers while we pay the same as them. If everyone from the usa is so keen on saying it shouldnt' be a big deal why not switch places? We get maint during night and you get it during morning-afternoon. Since for you it's no big deal that wold make everyone happy, right?

Except the moment something like that happens the forums will be flooded by angry americans complaining about the same very thing.

So why should europe pay the price of that? If maint can't be splitted they can do it once at this time and once in reverse, during night for europe. The thing that annoys us is how differently we are treated from other customers while we pay the same as them. If everyone from the usa is so keen on saying it shouldnt' be a big deal why not switch places? We get maint during night and you get it during morning-afternoon. Since for you it's no big deal that wold make everyone happy, right?

Except the moment something like that happens the forums will be flooded by angry americans complaining about the same very thing.

I live in North America. I was online during both maintenance periods. I haven't once complained about it or threatened to unsub(absolute ridiculous btw, logic fails some people). Don't get all bent out of shape because you can't play for a couple hours of your whole week.

I'm not complaining about today manteniance, this downtime is fine for me. We were protesting for the 10 hours downtime of last week from 11AM to 7PM at GMT+1.

And for all of those US players that think they're more playing SWOTR than Europeans, take a shoot: http://www.torstatus.net

There's less EU servers than US servers for a very simple reason. :rolleyes:

I live in North America. I was online during both maintenance periods. I haven't once complained about it or threatened to unsub(absolute ridiculous btw, logic fails some people). Don't get all bent out of shape because you can't play for a couple hours of your whole week.

You miss the point of what i'm saying and keep saying the same thing.

So..you agree more people will be playing 8AM-3PM GMT than there would be 2AM-8AM,no one is asking for maintainance during the evening/peak times.

So their FAIRLY ACCURATE numbers show the compleate opposite to the above? and that the US is totaly opposite to the EU.

What the hell are you talking about? Nowhere have I stated that the US is opposite to the EU at all. Yes I'm agreeing that more people are on in the day in EU than in the morning, but if we have to have maintenance at the same time for both regions then it's better that it's during the day in EU.

You're going to get seperate maintenance schedules... eventually. But for right now you have to deal with the way it is. My point is complaining about it isn't going to make it happen any sooner. It'll be ready when it's ready. They have much more important issues to take care of right now.

Ofcourse they do, but at the same time they take care of bullsh*t like using emotes while mounted. They have separate teams for different tasks and I see no reason behind keeping the maintenance times linked and fixing warzone lags or ability delays. Different people, different tasks.

There's also no reason behind making Europe pay for all the inconvenience. In order to be fair they'd have to rotate the maintenance times, so that it hits EU and US in turns. Any other option besides different maintenance times for EU and US servers simply will not do.

Regards,

Kalantris

What the hell are you talking about? Nowhere have I stated that the US is opposite to the EU at all. Yes I'm agreeing that more people are on in the day in EU than in the morning, but if we have to have maintenance at the same time for both regions then it's better that it's during the day in EU.

Why? IF they can not offer 2 maintenance why not alternate day in USA then Day in EU?

I know USA players will go nuts and scream then, and only then will they understand why the EU players are asking for separate inanimateness so we too do not have it during our major play times

Why? IF they can not offer 2 maintenance why not alternate day in USA then Day in EU?

I know USA players will go nuts and scream then, and only then will they understand why the EU players are asking for separate inanimateness so we too do not have it during our major play times

Because day in USA will be evening in EU... Are you serious?

WHY?

thats what i'm talknig about,your assumption that there are more US subscribers than EU is wrong imo.Show me some official figuers to support this..ahhh hang on you can't.Also if you had bothered to read and understand what we are asking for you would have no need to reply here at all as it DOES'NT AFFECT THE US AT ALL...seperate downtimes,is it really that hard to understand?

WHY?

thats what i'm talknig about,your assumption that there are more US subscribers than EU is wrong imo.Show me some official figuers to support this..ahhh hang on you can't.Also if you had bothered to read and understand what we are asking for you would have no need to reply here at all as it DOES'NT AFFECT THE US AT ALL...seperate downtimes,is it really that hard to understand?

1. I have never claimed that the US has more subscribers than the EU.

2. I am an EU player