Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

It isn't just the chestpiece. Make the whole set back to the original. I sported the Phantom boots and they had a sleek assassin look, now they look like Eskimo boots. I want the whole set returned to original appearance.

Right. Didn't think about that . Now that you mention it, the gloves changed too. Honestly, Helmet, gloves and boots are about the only thing I really liked about it. Have the whole set on my 'Sin, but was toying with getting rid of the chest and skirt for my old look.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't just the chestpiece. Make the whole set back to the original. I sported the Phantom boots and they had a sleek assassin look, now they look like Eskimo boots. I want the whole set returned to original appearance.

Seconded, think I found a pair of those cheap, but credits are credits, you can't get the whole look otherwise.

All right folks, I talked to our developers and got some clarification:

• The Revan outfit was adjusted to look more like Revan’s armor in the game.
  • The Spymaster and the Phantom outfits were both adjusted to look more like their advertised appearance in the Cartel Market, after we received more than a few remarks about this dissimilarity. This is to ensure that customers receive the advertised appearance.
  • The Stylish Dancer Outfit (white) is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience. In the future, we will ensure that all assets are in alignment on the Cartel Market. The final products are meant to look like the advertised art.

As far as I'm concerned the advertised appearance was what I saw when I used YOUR preview function!

Oh well, lesson learned.

Not disagreeing with you on that. And I think that if you exchange it and you have augs on it that they should transfer automatically. The biggest thing for me was like I said in my previous post. When people were asking for the fix, where were the people who didn't want it to change? No where. I like the new look like I said. More so than just a bland chest piece. I like the shoulders that were added (not so sure about the life preserver yet). But that is just my opinion.

No reason to come to the forums if one likes the looks of these sets.

You know what is funny here? There is more outrage over a couple of pieces of gear being fixed like they said they would than over the bugs that still exist from beta. I don't whether to laugh or cry about that.

Thats because everyone pretty much accepted that they will *never* fix these bugs.

You know what is funny here? There is more outrage over a couple of pieces of gear being fixed like they said they would than over the bugs that still exist from beta. I don't whether to laugh or cry about that.

I'm quite displeased with the head-clipping-through-hood bug which has been around since 1.2 (that's the legacy patch right?) and was also annoyed by the speeder sound bug which they just finally fixed a content patch ago, but this isn't really the thread for complaining about that... This thread is, quite spesifically, about the Phantom and Spymaster sets. Beta bug whines belong in beta bug whine threads, this is gear whine thread.

Edited by Pscyon

Right. Didn't think about that . Now that you mention it, the gloves changed too. Honestly, Helmet, gloves and boots are about the only thing I really liked about it. Have the whole set on my 'Sin, but was toying with getting rid of the chest and skirt for my old look.

I was using Trailblazer boots for a sleek, simple look, along with most of the Spymaster set. They now have rockets stuck on the side. This makes my sleek jedi warrior cry.

EDIT - oh, and re staying on topic, sorry if I have derailed anything; I have been encouraging anyone unhappy with any of the appearance changes (like mine is with Trailblazer as well as Phantom and Spymaster) to come and chat here rather than stay scattered over four or five smaller threads.

Edited by winterjane

I second that - new looks are UGLY! And an explanation from Joveth sounds so riddiculous that I want to scream!!

I've decided to invest time and money into both this sets BECAUSE of their look on character and NOT cause some stupid advert on Cartel Market!!!

Some of us are FAITHFUL customers paying REAL money for your incompetence. If you doubt it please check my CC's purchasing log.....now after such stupidity you failed my trust .....

*Thumb DOWN*

Edited by Ciridemarr

I'm quite displeased with the head-clipping-through-head bug which has been around since 1.2 (that's the legacy patch right?) and was also annoyed by the speeder sound bug which they just finally fixed a content patch ago, but this isn't really the thread for complaining about that... This thread is, quite spesifically, about the Phantom and Spymaster sets. Beta bug whines belong in beta bug whine threads, this is gear whine thread.

Wasn't whining. Just making a joke. I think we have pretty much accepted that the bugs will never be fixed.

But I do think that the gear they fixed that no one complained about was wrong. I kinda liked my spymaster gear. Although I do admit that the eyepiece on the helmet is an improvement.

Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.

I pray that you will bring sanity and reason to the devs. A 42-page monster thread grown in under 8 hours that keeps growing by the minute filled with people who are mostly voicing the same concerns should speak volumes, right? ... We all want those awesome sleek looks back!

Although I do admit that the eyepiece on the helmet is an improvement.

I tend to agree. But there's probably tons of people who doesn't, and enforcing the change upon everyone is not the way to go.

fine so for those of us who bought the Phantom chest for the way it looked in the preview screen unbind the item so we can sell it to the people that like the new (fixed) retarded look .

All 4 of them? I don't think they need that many phantom pieces.

fine so for those of us who bought the Phantom chest for the way it looked in the preview screen unbind the item so we can sell it to the people that like the new (fixed) retarded look .

Those will be very few.. I already saw the chestpiece drop from 450k to 350k on GTN, and they weren't exactly gone in a matter of minutes. I bet they're actually still there, and that their price will plummet a bit more in the next few days, towards, like, 30k..

I pray that you will bring sanity and reason to the devs. A 42-page monster thread grown in under 8 hours that keeps growing by the minute filled with people who are mostly voicing the same concerns should speak volumes, right? ... We all want those awesome sleek looks back!

Not everyone liked the "old" look. I didn't. They should take that into account also.,

-Upset about the modifications done to the Phantom Set-

Why would I buy any more outfits from the Cartel Market if Bioware is going to randomly change the appearance on a whim? What is my incentive to buy a single item going forward?

Edited by Aunara

Why would I buy any more outfits from the Cartel Market if Bioware is going to randomly change the appearance on a whim? What is my incentive to buy a single item going forward?

They did not randomly change the look. They posted last year that they were going to fix them to look like the advert.

Those will be very few.. I already saw the chestpiece drop from 450k to 350k on GTN, and they weren't exactly gone in a matter of minutes. I bet they're actually still there, and that their price will plummet a bit more in the next few days, towards, like, 30k..

Best thing anyone selling can do now is pull it and hope they let them swap it out to something not BoP to sell later. Letting them plummet would be kind of bad, cause if they enact some sort of exchange program, they'll be scooped up immediately at the lower price.

...I hope that was vaguely on topic.

What nonsense, this is the first thing since launch that's just plain pissed me off.

I bought a lot of phantom gear, and was looking forward to getting more for most of my 9 characters.

I log in today to see my toon is wearing a stupid looking life preserver around their neck. And the gear waiting in my cargo hold waiting to be equipped is now a waste.

Bioware folks, what were you thinking? We bought this gear with real $ via the Shop and/or invested our time and sub fees for how it looked at the time of transaction, not what you changed it to today.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Not everyone liked the "old" look. I didn't. They should take that into account also.,

That's great for you and others who prefer the new look. Doesn't have a damn thing to do though with those who bought it for the prior look getting shafted.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Words cannot express my disappointment with the changes to phantom armor. You can hide the stupid hood by electing to show helm but nothing will get rid of those fugly shoulderpads.

The awfulness of the phantom shoulder-pads barely registers next to the third breast they added in the middle of the female spymasters gear, that's larger than the two nature (or programing) has already provided them.