Weekly PvP Event Schedule! (World PvP)

Wraiven

Note: This event schedule does not begin until Saturday, October 20th, 2012 which will begin with the Third Saturday of the month.

Open World PvP Event Weekly Schedule

(Hosted by War-Machine)

This is a list of the weekly PvP Event schedule for Open World PvP. This will be every Saturday Night at 8:00pm Eastern Time. On certain months that have Five Saturdays, the fifth Saturday will be off...no PvP, take a break. This list is as follows...

• First Saturday of the Month: King of the Kill and the Location View
    Objective: Control the Mouth of the Czerka Dig Site by 9:30pm Eastern TIme.

• Second Saturday of the Month: Blockade of Alderaan (Special Thanks to PAX Republica for suggesting this location!) and the Location View
    Objective: Control both bridges by 9:30pm Eastern Time.

• Third Saturday of the Month: Battle of Illum and the Location View
    Objective: Seize control of the platform and maintain control until 9:30pm Eastern Time.

• Fourth Saturday of the Month: To be Announced...

See you guys there!

Edited by Wraiven

I unfortunately didn't make the event on hoth, but was that a good location? Didn't that involve killing pve faction generals or something? I totally appreciate you organizing these, but perhaps we can find a more varied objective for the events other than the king of the hill style. Just my opinion. I'll see if I can find some other options in game if it would be something people would want

I unfortunately didn't make the event on hoth, but was that a good location? Didn't that involve killing pve faction generals or something? I totally appreciate you organizing these, but perhaps we can find a more varied objective for the events other than the king of the hill style. Just my opinion. I'll see if I can find some other options in game if it would be something people would want

Yeah, Hoth was a bust. It's too hard to get people on par with any type of serious rule set, because most of the people who show, are random people who do not visit the forums, so they have no clue what the objective actually is. They are just there to PWN and that's pretty much it. Which is fine, I have adjusted the objectives to better accommodate these players.

Long story short, I am applying K.I.S.S. to the events and focusing more on providing locations that have decent control points, along with fair respawn locations that are not too close to one another...mainly to detour spawn camping.

Hoth was just a bad spot, and the rules were too complicated. The objective was to kill the other faction's General (A selected Tank that Healers were going to be focusing on healing to keep that Tank alive) and keep your own General alive while doing so. It turned in to a giant spawn camp instead and the event objective never really seen light of day.

So I learned a valuable lesson from that and apply it to any future Battle Ground.

By the way, Still looking for locations in this thread for a Fourth Battleground. I have a spot in mind that has been suggested to me that I am starting to lean toward, but I want to give others a chance to submit their location ideas before going through with it. Unfortunately not many ideas were suggested, so the choices as of right now are limited.

Edited by Wraiven

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have this schedule here in place...need to make people aware of it. Spamming in General Chat just brings forth way too much Trolling. It's going to have to be a word of mouth thing to bring it back out. If people want it bad enough, hopefully they will grow accustomed to the schedule. I know War-Machine will be there...not sure how many though, a lot of them are running HM TFB tonight, so we'll see.

If I have to get out there by myself tonight for an hour and a half picking on lowbies, I will. Would much rather see a good showing of both factions though.

So, not very many showed up, to be expected since we have not done one of these in about three weeks, but it was a lot of fun. Republics lost, but I must say, there was one run they pushed that kicked our tails in pretty good. Not bad at all.

Spread the word guys! Let everyone know about this schedule and let's put this game back on the map. I will have week 4 finished within the next couple days, so once it's finished, the schedule will be set in stone. Till then, thanks all, had a great time tonight.