Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Awful texture mess with Twi'lek characters and bare skin

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Awful texture mess with Twi'lek characters and bare skin

DropbearSW
12.02.2019 , 10:00 PM | #1
I have a Twi'lek with red skin colouring. With any armour that shows shoulders or upper chest, you get a horrible miss match of skin colour between the face/neck, and the bare skin. You can also see a "gap" between the neck and the shoulders - as if the textures don't quite mesh.

Honestly, it's 2019. Can't we have a uniform texture colouring, and models that actually don't leave gaps?

MadDutchman
12.02.2019 , 10:05 PM | #2
Hmm, there have been issues in the past where there is a slight difference between neck and chest colour/texture (not sure if there still is), but what you describe sounds more extreme.

Might be worth trying a repair, it could be corrupt textures.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

DropbearSW
12.02.2019 , 10:16 PM | #3
yeh it's the "slight" difference that's really annoying me.. I'll take a screenie tonight and put up a link to show what I mean. The chest texture is "lighter" and more "washed out" than the head/neck colour.

Ylliarus
12.05.2019 , 05:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DropbearSW View Post
yeh it's the "slight" difference that's really annoying me.. I'll take a screenie tonight and put up a link to show what I mean. The chest texture is "lighter" and more "washed out" than the head/neck colour.
I did notice that the lekku tattoos on my Twi'lek Jedi Knight suddenly "fade" or "wash out" when the camera is set in a specific angle. Idk if it's the same, but I didn't notice a mismatch between the skin of her body and the skin of her head.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

MadDutchman
12.06.2019 , 08:43 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
I did notice that the lekku tattoos on my Twi'lek Jedi Knight suddenly "fade" or "wash out" when the camera is set in a specific angle. Idk if it's the same, but I didn't notice a mismatch between the skin of her body and the skin of her head.
I believe this only happens with certain skin colours, and is more noticeable with DS corruption

I never go beyond DS1 so I don't really notice it.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

DropbearSW
12.09.2019 , 07:59 PM | #6
You may be right. It certainly looks very bad on the "Talon" red colour.