Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"BioWare is reportedly working on a complete overhaul of Anthem"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
"BioWare is reportedly working on a complete overhaul of Anthem"

ShieldProtection
11.20.2019 , 09:54 AM | #1
"reports of Anthem's impending demise are greatly exaggerated, and in fact BioWare has developers in both Edmonton and Austin planning out a complete overhaul of the game—enough of a do-over that some people refer to it as Anthem 2.0 or Anthem Next. "

THANKS!!! NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT LIKE 5-6 MONTHS AGAIN TO GET ANY NEW STORY CONTENT

https://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-is-r...aul-of-anthem/
I make long posts on SWTOR forums, read it or not, thank you anyway

TrixxieTriss
11.20.2019 , 09:59 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ShieldProtection View Post
THANKS!!! NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT LIKE 5-6 MONTHS AGAIN TO GET ANY NEW STORY CONTENT
I think your timeline is being overly optimistic

Darth-Obvious
11.20.2019 , 10:00 AM | #3
Thread about this in the Off-Topic forums...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971956

fatsi
11.20.2019 , 11:40 AM | #4
That's what we get for paying subs to this game. BW finds a way to make me regret it each time I sub to this game. So, they are going to move our devs to that game once again. How lovely! I feel like a neandertal for subbing now.

Goemoe
11.21.2019 , 09:41 AM | #5
Sorry to hear that. I really had hopes for SWTOR again, as I heard about Anthem failing. So SWTOR will only be "kept alive" until the end of the license

Cupelixx
11.21.2019 , 11:43 AM | #6
"Reportedly". That's not a sure thing. Even if it is true, that's not a certainty that there will be fewer resources for this game. Just because it's BW Austin doesn't mean the teams won't be separate.

Snarils
11.21.2019 , 01:55 PM | #7
Anthem was an over-hyped train wreck waiting to happen from the beginning.

I never bought in to the hype and I didn't buy the game either, because I knew it would land on it's face ... and sure enough it did. Now they talk about overhaul... I'm sorry, but it's too late for me, anthem 2.0 won't get my money either.

These companies need to stop releasing unfinished and poorly conceived games as AAA with convoluted purchasing tiers and outrageous in game stores and then try using customer funds to fight all the fires of the games launch that should have been resolved in development or Alpha/beta stages.

Stop supporting these types of games. Hold off purchasing games until a few reviews are in.

so many failed launches in 2019 by greedy companies.

xordevoreaux
11.21.2019 , 02:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post
"Reportedly". That's not a sure thing. Even if it is true, that's not a certainty that there will be fewer resources for this game. Just because it's BW Austin doesn't mean the teams won't be separate.
Players easily connected Dot A to Dot B during Anthem's development when we experienced a dearth of support with SWTOR. It's a valid assumption to make again.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Lhancelot
12.02.2019 , 02:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ShieldProtection View Post
THANKS!!! NOW WE HAVE TO WAIT LIKE 5-6 YEARS AGAIN TO GET ANY NEW STORY CONTENT
Fixed it for you, SP. ^
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.