BW can you PLEASE fix your buggy OPS!!!!

We found this only happens if we were lagging dps on the bomber and even though we killed him the game registers that he blew up and sends us another one.

Easiest way to fix it is by killing the bomber faster.

It will happen in any stage if you meet the exact circumstances.

I dont know we are clear HM EC in 2 hours or maybe 2.5 now we even brought in some alts on our last run, so it's doable the more gear you get the easier it becomes.

What we are still experiencing as a bug is Kephess 1-shotting tanks after breath. I and our other tank would continually die instantly after the breath was cast to his Savage Arcing Slash. It wouldn't seem to matter when we taunted Kephess off each other, it was just instant death after the breath. We tried during the beginning of the cast, right before the cast finished, right after, and every time there was nothing we could do. The 4th bomber, while an annoying bug it's still able to be handled, but Kephess bugging out and 1-shotting tanks is a wipe every time.

I think you may have overlooked an important mechanic.

When Kephess casts Breath of the Masters, he also puts a debuff on the target called "Touch of the Masters". If that tank takes *any* damage before the debuff wears off (from Kephess, who has a very long-ranged cleave - called Savage Arcing Slash, oddly enough - or a tick from one of the purple circles), they are one-shot. It is not enough to taunt, Kephess has to be faced away from the tank who is dropping circles so they do not take damage from his cleave.

Dealing with Kephess AND the Pulsar droids is a little much bud. =/

Exactly this.

Nothing worse than being penalized for having too much DPS. (kinda like on Toth and Zorn as well) Kill them too fast and the entire encounter crams different phases together making it damn near impossible to beat.

But back on topic. We've seen that happen as well. We just Off tank the 4th till he blows. Not a huge deal but a headache.

What kind of utterly misguided fanboy logic is this? Are you prohibited from complaining about a faulty TV you have bought because you have never built a TV before? Of course not! It's the same here. We all pay money for a (so called) premium game service so we are entitled to complain if we think the game isn't working as intended. Your kind of thinking helps no one.

You make a good point, given that you should be able to question when something you are paying for does not behave according to what you were lead to expect.

However, if I walk into the place I bought my faulty TV and grab the guy by the scruff of the neck and yell at him about "What the heck is he doing, and why the heck haven't I gotten what I paid for" I am a jerk, and should not conduct myself that way.

We only have these forums to communicate with the people who make the game that we enjoy. They are doing a job, and trying to pin down these bugs...do you think they'll enjoy their job more if we treat them however we like?

Or should we maybe ask questions in a calm and collected manner and provide all the information we can, so they can get things done in a more orderly fashion?

You make a good point, given that you should be able to question when something you are paying for does not behave according to what you were lead to expect.

However, if I walk into the place I bought my faulty TV and grab the guy by the scruff of the neck and yell at him about "What the heck is he doing, and why the heck haven't I gotten what I paid for" I am a jerk, and should not conduct myself that way.

We only have these forums to communicate with the people who make the game that we enjoy. They are doing a job, and trying to pin down these bugs...do you think they'll enjoy their job more if we treat them however we like?

Or should we maybe ask questions in a calm and collected manner and provide all the information we can, so they can get things done in a more orderly fashion?

Ok we are straying from the topic somewhat here but I will elucidate. To take the analogy further, when something that you have been complaining about continues to malfunction despite numerous polite requests it is only natural that customers will become frustrated with the manufacturer. Forums all over the internet are filled with angry posts because that's just the way the world works - these forums are a means of communication created by the manufacturer precisely so the customer has a direct line to the developer/manufacturer.

Sometimes you have to write an angry post or two just to communicate that you are unhappy with the situation, just as sometimes politeness is the better course of action. Both have their place and to be honest the amount of annoying bugs in this game (lag, boss fights etc) plus the utter lack of cohesion in others (gear itemisation being the most blatant example) and BW's frequent inappropriate responses, or lack thereof, merits an angry post or 10.

So all things considered I don't think the tone of the OP's post is unwarranted given how long this game has suffered from one (or several) variety/ies of encounter-breaking bug/s or another. The fact that the CS rep has responded to this thread is encouraging but ultimately doesn't really mean anything beyond the fact that they were unaware of the issue having presumably missed it during testing. Not encouraging.

Edited by JamieM

When you get your own team together and make any type of game and release content and have it not be in any way buggy or broken, then you can ask what they're doing.

Except that would be an Indie title and would be fine to have some hitches.

This is a AAA title there are no excuses for bugs to be around months after release. Of course they used the Hero Engine which is a joke as well.

I have done all the Operations in both HM and SM but haven't encountered a single bug since one of the smaller patches after 1.2, everyone has a different experience of course, but there's nothing gamebreaking from what I have seen

Bugs in Denova (present since 1.2 or server merges):

During the shield phase of Storm Caller and Fire Brand the proc relics still kill the user even though this was claimed fixed in 1.3 patch notes it's not true. (Good DPS don't use them anyways, but hey they said it was fixed and it's not.)

Operative cleanse is not 100% on the yellow ridicule during mortar phases only mercenary and sorc are guaranteed to cleanse in Hardmode.

A stealth spawn mob disappears after killing a ranger.

Buggy add spawn on Colonel Vorgath and the add in the tower sometimes bugs out and won't attack the operator. Also sometimes the person finding the probes is rooted and cannot move, missing a probe phase.

Fourth bomber spawns randomly (Cause is unknown happened one time to me.)

Server lag is horrid causing Kephess to cast his DoT late and Breath of the Masters late. (Present since mergers)

My favorite: the stop and stare bug where everyone stops and the server freezes for a good three seconds. Of course there is only One Republic in the game. :cool:

Edited by VexedLucifer

What we are still experiencing as a bug is Kephess 1-shotting tanks after breath. I and our other tank would continually die instantly after the breath was cast to his Savage Arcing Slash. It wouldn't seem to matter when we taunted Kephess off each other, it was just instant death after the breath. We tried during the beginning of the cast, right before the cast finished, right after, and every time there was nothing we could do. The 4th bomber, while an annoying bug it's still able to be handled, but Kephess bugging out and 1-shotting tanks is a wipe every time.

Yeah we had a really hard time with this when we first got to Kephess. The absolute key to solve this is your tanks must taunt DURING his cast. He does the knockback, then he starts casting. It is a short cast timer so your tanks need to be ready. It must be DURING the cast. It is KEY. Some things to consider for this is make sure the person dropping purple circles runs towards the way kephess is facing so that when the current tank gets knocked back, Kephess will be in range of the OT to taunt during the cast. You dont have time to be chasing him all over.

Yeah we had a really hard time with this when we first got to Kephess. The absolute key to solve this is your tanks must taunt DURING his cast. He does the knockback, then he starts casting. It is a short cast timer so your tanks need to be ready. It must be DURING the cast. It is KEY. Some things to consider for this is make sure the person dropping purple circles runs towards the way kephess is facing so that when the current tank gets knocked back, Kephess will be in range of the OT to taunt during the cast. You dont have time to be chasing him all over.

In short they're bad and your explanation of the mechanic is bad.

Kephess Final Phase Tanking 101:

He knocks you back, immediately turn away from him and run (Tip: Lay your first circle furthest away and work yourself back towards Kephess). He does a frontal cone attack after the knock back so make sure no one is in front of him, this is probably what was killing you.

Provided there is no server lag he'll cast Breath of the Masters right after which then your offtank will taunt during the cast.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by VexedLucifer

Totally agree with the Ops acting buggy at times. EC hasn't been the only one bugged. Mobs respawn after the raid respawns, the rancor on KP resetting in the middle of the fight. Last night the lag and bugs was making the last boss on EC impossible to beat. I would cast a heal and there would be a second or two delay before it would apply to the character I was healing. Hammer shot would show up delayed as well. This happened off and on with the entire raid. Then getting to the 3rd bomber followed by a 4th as well while were trying to down the walker. The bomber was unexpected and ended up taking out a raid member. After two hours of dealing with this, we called it quits. Was kind of wondering if it's because there was 52 people in the instance or what.

It would help if it didn't take so long to get back to the boss too. The scenery is great but after respawning for the 10th time and heading back you can feel how much time this adds to it.