Disbalance...what we gonna do ?

littie

soo...am upset. We are MAGES, like in WOW, RIFT...etc...so we should have MAGICAL DMG!

Right ? Yes! Physical dmg is absorber by armor and resisted and absorbed by shields..

Most of classes who wearing Heavy armor have 40-50% absorb...

The simple question is - If We are mages and wearing LIGHT ARMOR why most of our spells has Physical DMG ? Only Anfliction, chain lighting and death field has internal dmg, all other has energy and Kinetic dmg(Physical only)...

so....we wearing light armor, 20% absorb and have *physical dmg*... vs ANY class who also can heal, more dmg, more control and wearing heavy armor...minimum mid.

I understand assasins..its like rogues in any game...they also should wear medium armor...but we....we are mages...give us heavy armor and EVERbody will wear it...or make Balance and give us normal DMG....MAGICAl....

THIS IS ABSOLUTLY UN ACCEPTABLE!!

Where is the balance....

Vote change dmg to internal or elemental(magical)

Disbalance isn't a word...

... and regardless of damage school damage in PvP is more than fine. A change in school would also bring a change in numbers. You'd still do the same damage as it's by design.

Edited by Parthis

Do you mean as a sorc you don't have control? Do you mean you don`t deal dmg enough coz u are kinetic-energy based? Omg.

Wait for a nerf after Operatives and maybe BH.

BTW.. i roll 4 chars of each class. Sorc is really really fine atm. Like Assassin for me.

soo...am upset. We are MAGES, like in WOW, RIFT...etc...so we should have MAGICAL DMG!

Right ? Yes! Physical dmg is absorber by armor and resisted and absorbed by shields..

The simple question is - If We are mages and wearing LIGHT ARMOR why most of our spells has Physical DMG ? Only Anfliction, chain lighting and death field has internal dmg, all other has energy and Kinetic dmg(Physical only)...

so....we wearing light armor, 20% absorb and have *physical dmg*... vs ANY class who also can heal, more dmg, more control and wearing heavy armor...minimum mid.

I understand assasins..its like rogues in any game...they also should wear medium armor...but we....we are mages...give us heavy armor and EVERbody will wear it...or make Balance and give us normal DMG....MAGICAl....

THIS IS ABSOLUTLY UN ACCEPTABLE!!

Where is the balance....

Vote change dmg to internal or elemental(magical)

assume this is a joke or a bad troll effort

Looks like you guys never played for Mages. I have perfect control and never losed 1 vs combat and at 50 lvl it would be more harder due hybrid heal/light/madness build.

As i said above We are Mages with LIST ARMOR(light), we have no enough ground control ability like have assasin. We should have Magic DMG...HELLO?? ARe you there?? Open you mind...Download any game and start play for mages/any other classes, compare everything.

Am repeation, IF YOU ARE MAGE CLASS(WE are), you should have list armor(light and we have it) and we should have magical dmg(we have no)

Where is no reason to be a mage if you dmg 2x times less From beginning you due armor, plus absorbs....

Looks like you guys never played for Mages. I have perfect control and never losed 1 vs combat and at 50 lvl it would be more harder due hybrid heal/light/madness build.

As i said above We are Mages with LIST ARMOR(light), we have no enough ground control ability like have assasin. We should have Magic DMG...HELLO?? ARe you there?? Open you mind...Download any game and start play for mages/any other classes, compare everything.

Am repeation, IF YOU ARE MAGE CLASS(WE are), you should have list armor(light and we have it) and we should have magical dmg(we have no)

Where is no reason to be a mage if you dmg 2x times less From beginning you due armor, plus absorbs....

Guis guis the sith are wielding lightening! Quick, equip your copper codpiece and cotton dressing gowns! Charrrrrgee!

This isn't WoW. You're not a mage. This game isn't real. Armor mitigates lightning. Roll with it.

Edited by Parthis

LOL mage, you are not a mage you are a sith not the same thing no matter how much you try to compare it to WOW its still not a mage.

And btw assassins are not like rogues either

Edited by Griad

Considering that the Sorcerer is already a beast in PVP (arguably not in the league of the OverPowered OP class, but none can compare to that broken class) I think it is fine as it is.

Also sure, the Sorcerer use Light armor, where the Juggernaut use heavy. But Sorcerer has a shield that makes up for it. And depending of spec, that shield might even be a CC on the poor Juggy.

So no, I don't really see the inbalance/lack of balance in the game. Well, maybe except when looking at the matter through Jugger eyes, they feel the Sorcerer is overpowered and in need of a nerf.

sorcerer are mages actually, class without a lots of ground control abilities and with possiblity wear only LIGHT armor. My opinions - thats not right, we must have better armor, but in this case all will wear heavy armor, so imho better get normal output dmg...

chain light does elemental dmg(not sure for 100%), maybe energy dmg...but anfliction, death field does Internal...

sorcerer are mages actually, class without a lots of ground control abilities and with possiblity wear only LIGHT armor. My opinions - thats not right, we must have better armor, but in this case all will wear heavy armor, so imho better get normal output dmg...

chain light does elemental dmg(not sure for 100%), maybe energy dmg...but anfliction, death field does Internal...

Aww!

Can I keep it mom?! Please can I keep it?! :D I've always wanted a baby troll!

Pleasee mom!!

Areoss, are ok baby? Maybe you need more milk?

Go get rude your mommy ok?

Am speaking normal and respect any1 here.

This post is only to consider possibility to get other dmg for us.

For mass pvp we are ok due AOE spells, but what about duels? 1 vs 1, operative, assasin.

As about me - 99% wins, but am sure that common sor <<< vs any common class

as about Pro - depence on luck(crits/miss/ressits/delays) and skill (knowledge of strategy vs class)

Edited by littie

lol 1 v 1 i lose 100% of the time when a battlemaster gets the jump on me, it simply does not matter what class they are, everyone can literally do 30-50% of my life before i attack back and by then the fight is over, but you still kill people you get the jump on, you'll never kill sins and OPs tho since you cant get the jump on them 1 v 1 but that's life.

our spells are way too mitigated in pvp, i cant dream of getting the 5k medal, in the 50 v 50 bracket, i only hit 2.5k if i fight someone with no pvp gear, yet in pve in same gear i hit for 3500 (ie expertise doesnt work in pve) meaning they really screwed something up when they did pvp dmg balance for sorcs, force lightning hitting for 500 a tick or less on battlemasters is just ridiculous. especially when they have 17k-22k hp and in turn hit me for 6k even tho i have 650 expertise.

Areoss, are ok baby? Maybe you need more milk?

Go get rude your mommy ok?

Am speaking normal and respect any1 here.

This post is only to consider possibility to get other dmg for us.

For mass pvp we are ok due AOE spells, but what about duels? 1 vs 1, operative, assasin.

As about me - 99% wins, but am sure that common sor <<< vs any common class

as about Pro - depence on luck(crits/miss/ressits/delays) and skill (knowledge of strategy vs class)

Milk would be nice thanks! :)

Duels aren't going to be balanced around since there is no reward and there is no point in them apart from sparing practice. It is not a competitive thing so there is no incentive to balance the classes around dueling.

Sorcs are not mages. Get that out of your head now. A mage is a mage. A sorc is a sorc. Don't impliment other games mechanics into another game.

But really... the sorc damage is fine. If not a bit too much. I'm not commenting 100% because i've not leveled my alt to max level yet. But they seem to have their fair share of utility and control. Combined with their heals, speed boost and bubble.

Claiming Sorcs dont do enough damage is a big flashing light for troll. Since they do plenty as it is :D

Edited by Areoss

No they don't. A full set of Champion/Columi heavy armor gives you around 30% reduction to kinetic and energy damage. Only the three tank ACs in their actual tank stances (which includes the Assassin) have up to 50% damage reduction.

Edited by SentinelBorg

lol 1 v 1 i lose 100% of the time when a battlemaster gets the jump on me, it simply does not matter what class they are, everyone can literally do 30-50% of my life before i attack back and by then the fight is over, but you still kill people you get the jump on, you'll never kill sins and OPs tho since you cant get the jump on them 1 v 1 but that's life.

our spells are way too mitigated in pvp, i cant dream of getting the 5k medal, in the 50 v 50 bracket, i only hit 2.5k if i fight someone with no pvp gear, yet in pve in same gear i hit for 3500 (ie expertise doesnt work in pve) meaning they really screwed something up when they did pvp dmg balance for sorcs, force lightning hitting for 500 a tick or less on battlemasters is just ridiculous. especially when they have 17k-22k hp and in turn hit me for 6k even tho i have 650 expertise.

You wrong my friend. Get some more exp. If you know strategy vs *class* and prevent or just know what they gonna do - you would win. If you have insta heal and 1.2-1.4 sec casing time for *great heal* you would not have any problem. Check your build and l2p in 1 vs 1 combat

I think most also forget that our team/self buff gives 10% damage reduction to energy and kinetic IIRC in addition to the stat increase. With the buff we approach medium armor in durability.

actually 10% for internal and elemental dmg(magical), not kinetic )

Here is an example, fight vs Operative - he is starting fight by hidden strike, after would he will spam backstab(no need to show him your ***). What you gonna do ? After Ambush(hidden strike) use you *mind*(removing spell), than dot, shield, run(or aoe slash) ,insta heal, great heal, what ever you want, depence on. When he would use *vanish* do slap, or quick run away or just turn to him your face...(dont show your ***)...after few sec(1-3) dot will remove his stealth. This is very easy fight, all the time you do need cover your ***, stay away and turn all the time. Every 6 sec you can heal for 1k insta+5k great heal plus heal from dots(extra 200 for crit tick)...so total 5000-6500 per 6 second. i.m. 33% of your life.

Dude, what game are you playing? There's a reason half of Warzone teams consist of Sorcerers and Sages. They have many - perhaps too many tools at their disposal, and geared Sorcs *tank* melee DPS, even in their "list" armor.

Also Sorcerer Kinetic damage doesn't get blocked by Shields (shields\avoidance stop nothing except white damage, but that's another topic altogether) - unless you mean Sorc shields that absorb every type of damage - including Ele\Internal.

And no, it's actually a welcome break from other MMOs, in which every caster had an enormous advantage over plate, because they were A) ranged, and B) laughed at armour. In this game, tanks don't get 3-shot by casters. They get 3-shot by rogues (I'm kriffing you not - pre 1.1, I got dropped from 18.5kHP to 2k in one Operative knockdown, then got finished by a 2.4k knife crit).

Here is an example, fight vs Operative - he is starting fight by hidden strike, after would he will spam backstab(no need to show him your ***). What you gonna do ? After Ambush(hidden strike) use you *mind*(removing spell), than dot, shield, run(or aoe slash) ,insta heal, great heal, what ever you want, depence on. When he would use *vanish* do slap, or quick run away or just turn to him your face...(dont show your ***)...after few sec(1-3) dot will remove his stealth. This is very easy fight, all the time you do need cover your ***, stay away and turn all the time. Every 6 sec you can heal for 1k insta+5k great heal plus heal from dots(extra 200 for crit tick)...so total 5000-6500 per 6 second. i.m. 33% of your life.

Yeah, I feel your pain. But that's how all classes have (had) it. Before, they ignored half of my armour in tank stance (essentially turning it into cloth) and happily stabbed away with 6k+ crits. Now I'm effectively Medium armour against their openers, and I actually have a fighting chance.

Edited by Helig