Customers are starting to flee in droves, everyone is unsubbing!

SaerethDL

I love it when all you people keep saying, "customers are starting to flee in droves", "Everyone is unsubbing"... like HOW do you know this? Do you work for bioware? A bunch of loud people on the forums doesn't account for even 1% of the player base, the server is full, my guild has 40-50 people on right now. How do you all know? Doom and Gloom every freaking patch.. people said the same thing about level syncing yet here they still are. I don't get it.. if you don't like something put your money where your mouth is, or get a job as a game developer and work for bioware or start your own game. Every patch there is something someone doesn't like. This is the age of the internet where everyone acts like critics and poo's on everything they can because they think it's cool. When I'm not having fun with a game, I move on.. thats what you people need to learn to do, not happy? Move on.. find that happiness. Bioware cannot cater to everyone's needs, and you shouldn't look to bioware to fulfill everything you desire. Just because you're not happy doesn't mean you drag others down with you or try to convince others to follow you. Thanks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And your rant was good for what?? Nothing. lol Absolutely nothing.

Just a little FYI too, the unsub threads with the legit people who are unsubbing are all being moved asap & quietly to the off topic section just to keep it hidden.

As your post implied get over yourself. Just because you're happy with it doesn't mean everyone else is. In fact, this is the worse I've seen of player base hating a patch/expansion, that's come out & that's because it's greatly flawed. Not because of personal preference.

I love it when all you people keep saying, "customers are starting to flee in droves", "Everyone is unsubbing"... like HOW do you know this?

Do you work for bioware?

A bunch of loud people on the forums doesn't account for even 1% of the player base, the server is full, my guild has 40-50 people on right now. How do you all know? Doom and Gloom every freaking patch.. people said the same thing about level syncing yet here they still are.

I don't get it.. if you don't like something put your money where your mouth is, or get a job as a game developer and work for bioware or start your own game. Every patch there is something someone doesn't like. This is the age of the internet where everyone acts like critics and poo's on everything they can because they think it's cool.

When I'm not having fun with a game, I move on.. thats what you people need to learn to do, not happy? Move on.. find that happiness. Bioware cannot cater to everyone's needs, and you shouldn't look to bioware to fulfill everything you desire.

Just because you're not happy doesn't mean you drag others down with you or try to convince others to follow you. Thanks.

How do I know this?

Friends are leaving. Guild mates have left. Forum posts and messages from viewers in streams.

No I don't work for bioware. But empty friends list says a lot. 8 months ago there were multiple instances on fleet. Now we rarely have 2. I work overseas for months at a time and I do see changes when I return. That's all the proof I need.

Everyone has stated the same reason. RNG has ruined their gaming experience

Edited by Liquor

How do I know this?

Friends are leaving. Guild mates have left. Forum posts and messages from viewers in streams.

No I don't work for bioware. But empty friends list says a lot. 8 months ago there were multiple instances on fleet. Now we rarely have 2. I work overseas for months at a time and I do see changes when I return. That's all the proof I need.

Everyone has stated the same reason. RNG has ruined their gaming experience

I'm not buying it. I see more people online than 4.0, Queue's pop almost instantly, people are chatting, people are recruiting. two full instances on the fleet... that seems a farcry from a dying game now doesn't it. Empty friends list? Well maybe because they have moved on to something else, its the holidays as well and there a crap ton of games to play. Some people also subbed just to play KOTET and then promptly left because thats all they wanted out of it. Even all my items on the GTN are bought within minutes even seconds sometimes, I've already made millions from this expansion. So again, I'm not buying it, you have no proof.. I've been here 6 years including closed Beta and I'm not going to say I have proof either.

Just a little FYI too, the unsub threads with the legit people who are unsubbing are all being moved asap & quietly to the off topic section just to keep it hidden.

As your post implied get over yourself. Just because you're happy with it doesn't mean everyone else is. In fact, this is the worse I've seen of player base hating a patch/expansion, that's come out & that's because it's greatly flawed. Not because of personal preference.

I never said I was happy with it, but I think it was a great decision to add some longevity to this game where everyone stops playing because they can't progress any further and they have done all the content, I was one of those people. I don't think that it's flawed so you cannot speak for me or anyone else, it is and will remain your personal preference.

No one is unsubbing. They're just making spectacles out of themselves to strong arm BW for attention. They should really stop because Bioware can simply look at the accounts and see subbed status. No use blowing smoke out the rear lying about it. Only makes them look silly to the devs. Edited by Aeristash

OP probably had a smug face when he started the thread, he forgot something though.

People have left SWTOR in droves before, and only a very low percentage of them come back.

There used to be over 100 servers in North America. Now there are 8, 3 of which are graveyards, even at the 5.0 launch.

There used to be an Oceanic Region with its own servers. Completely gone.

More of the same in Europe.

When Bioware and their EA overlords make short term decisions at the expense of the longevity of the game, yeah, the forums erupt. Then nothing changes, and the game population drops.

You keep that smug look on your face pal. If you think Bioware and EA has the best interests of the game as a priority, if you think people aren't unsubbing and leaving, you are mistaken.

No one is unsubbing. They're just making spectacles out of themselves to strong arm BW for attention. They should really stop because Bioware can simply look at the accounts and see subbed status. No use blowing smoke out the rear lying about it. Only makes them look silly to the devs.

Pretty much THIS

Idiots, the lot of you that agree with the OP...you're not magicians, you don't know factual data...you're the ones F.O.S, that is all:rak_03:.

And those claiming that subs are leaving in droves do have the factual data, ie. sub numbers from BW? I find that very hard to believe.

I doubt that either side has any factual data or sub numbers to back up their claims.

Are some people cancelling their subs? I'm sure that some are, but I'm not sure how many players are cancelling their subscriptions or if there will be enough people cancelling to make BW cater to the "instant gratification, have to have what I want and I have to have it NOW and for as little effort, cost or time as possible" crowd.

The system is not flawed. It simply does not cater to the "instant gratification, have to have what I want and I have to have it NOW and for as little effort or cost as possible" crowd.

It requires effort and time.

OMG, the inhumanity of it all.

No, there are people canceling. Three from my guild today.

The truth is simple: as with every major release, a lot of people are coming back to try things out, subbing for a month.

5.0 is making many people unsub, but the influx outweighs that in the short term... so people think everything is fine. They'll put out some kind of content in January with LOTS of ads to try and keep numbers up for 1st quarter earnings reports.

Then -- as with EVERY OTHER BIG RELEASE -- numbers will fall. And fall. And fall.

Again, simple math. 100 servers --> 20 servers -- >8 servers.

If people wish to believe everything is fine and nothing is wrong and everyone that is unsubbing is a lying troll, then I wish them the pleasure of their belief. I heard talk like this in SWG, and in Warhammer Online, and the results will be the same HERE.

Please try to get this through your heads: people are not going to pay for a product that disappoints them, and when enough leave the game fails, no matter how much you think it's 'great'.

The system is not flawed. It simply does not cater to the "instant gratification, have to have what I want and I have to have it NOW and for as little effort or cost as possible" crowd.

It requires effort and time.

OMG, the inhumanity of it all.

If you did any reading on the complaints people have with the system you'd realize that no one is complaining about not being able to get set gear NOW. However, we just finished an event that encouraged the player base to make alts. Making alts has been a huge part of what has kept this game's content relevant between content updates. People are upset because they slap on this end game gear system that basically says "Don't play alts if you want to progress."

The command system is not perfect, so stop pretending like it is. The command exp system should have been legacy wide once unlocked on a single character and progression rates adjusted so that all content is a viable way to progress.

Edited by Amuria

If you did any reading on the complaints people have with the system you'd realize that no one is complaining about not being able to get set gear NOW. However, we just finished an event that encouraged the player base to make alts. Making alts has been a huge part of what has kept this game's content relevant between content updates. People are upset because they slap on this end game gear system that basically says "Don't play alts if you want to progress."

The command system is not perfect, so stop pretending like it is. The command exp system should have been legacy wide once unlocked on a single character and progression rates adjusted so that all content is a viable way to progress.

Really? I point you to this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=904790

That is only one of MANY such threads on these forums, started by people "suggesting" ways to allow them to have their precious set bonuses NOW (or as close to NOW as they can get).

As I said, the system simply does not cater to the ' instant gratification, have to have it NOW and for as little effort (I can't be bothered to actually earn CXP on my alts, so let me be rewarded on EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER for something I did on only ONE character) or cost as possible" crowd.

LOL, check it yourself, it's not hard. If you can't do that, then you fail at forums.

And no, I'm not going to make it easy for you. If I do that, you won't learn anything.

As I suspected.

I'm not defending that poster or saying that you are incorrect, but until you provide a source or some proof of your claims, they are just that--claims.

Edited by Ratajack

How very interesting, the only friend on the OP's friends list just happens to be Rob Chesney, of BW Austin. I guess we can add astro-turfing to the white knight toolset now.

Paranoid much? or just in to fantasy?

The person you are trashing has been here since before launch. Why does that matter here? because the one forum member that he has on his friends list happens to have been gone for nearly 5 years. ---> Last Activity: 12.23.2011 09:15 AM

source: http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=2393

See... back in the day... in late 2011... there were many Bioware staff on the forum interacting with players in the lead up to lauch and immediately afterwards. So.. point being.. you can find a lot of old dormant friends in a person profile... and it means exactly nothing.

Edited by Andryah

Just because you're not happy doesn't mean you drag others down with you or try to convince others to follow you.

U know that might be true for individuals, but speaking from past experiences if you have 2-3 saying that in a circle of 20 people, all of them will eventually bail. They will feel like their friends left them and get unhappy for the exact same reasons those that have left.

And this is coming from a guy who led a 16man raiding guild for years :)

Edited by Xcurtx

I never said I was happy with it, but I think it was a great decision to add some longevity to this game where everyone stops playing because they can't progress any further and they have done all the content, I was one of those people. I don't think that it's flawed so you cannot speak for me or anyone else, it is and will remain your personal preference.

Longevity....are flipping out of your mind?!?...5 year old content is 5 year old content. You, EA/Bioware, and every other white knight needs to pull their heads out of the sand and realize that repeating content continuously does not equate into longevity. Especially when you decide to gate 5 year old content that folks have already been clearing behind an absurd tiered rng grindfest pay wall. And apparently you have not bothered sifting through more than 500-1000 pages of forum post to see just how many folks are unhappy enough to voice cancelling their subs, and if this is the so called "vocal minority" then i fear for your so called "longevity" for the masses that will not even bother to post an cancelled subscription thread....

No, there are people canceling. Three from my guild today.

The truth is simple: as with every major release, a lot of people are coming back to try things out, subbing for a month.

5.0 is making many people unsub, but the influx outweighs that in the short term... so people think everything is fine. They'll put out some kind of content in January with LOTS of ads to try and keep numbers up for 1st quarter earnings reports.

Then -- as with EVERY OTHER BIG RELEASE -- numbers will fall. And fall. And fall.

Again, simple math. 100 servers --> 20 servers -- >8 servers.

If people wish to believe everything is fine and nothing is wrong and everyone that is unsubbing is a lying troll, then I wish them the pleasure of their belief. I heard talk like this in SWG, and in Warhammer Online, and the results will be the same HERE.

Please try to get this through your heads: people are not going to pay for a product that disappoints them, and when enough leave the game fails, no matter how much you think it's 'great'.

This ^

But wait, white knights took armor polishing instead of mathematics in school...

I don't expect that most people canceling a subscription bother to make a show of it. They probably never even visit the official forums. I doubt they even bother to fill the questionnaire asking why they're quitting. They simply cancel or permit it to lapse before disappearing only letting in-game friends and guild fellows know about it.

For every person you see making a thread about their departure and their reasons for it, there are likely many others who don't deign to tell us why. I've seen negativity about here to a degree I can't remember since "heal to full and make them pay" in the class forums.

Eh five full years of crap graphic issues and the recent crashing on logout. I am done until they revamp this game... Oh wait that will never happen.... Ya know wow might be craptastic. But at least **** gets fixed and the game will run on a toaster/coffee maker. Free to level 20 too, time to roll some nice Twinks! :D