False Emperor

the dev team people should be so ashamed of themselves for this fight... Could you please come up with a fight next time where the boss can only be beaten at 4:32 and 32 seconds in the morning during a lunar eclipse on Tuesdays while eating a tuna sandwich and during an announcement of world peace please? might make me a little less pissed about this joke of a boss fight...

not trolling... extremely frustrated that weve been at this for 4 hours now... weve used the grenades.. he does nothing.. weve used push back abilities.. he does not move.. 1 site says all 4 grenades at the same time, another says no.. 1 at a time... so yeah... im pissed... someone make up their mind and slap the guy who created this fight please... THEN... slap the guy who changed how to beat him

not trolling... extremely frustrated that weve been at this for 4 hours now... weve used the grenades.. he does nothing.. weve used push back abilities.. he does not move.. 1 site says all 4 grenades at the same time, another says no.. 1 at a time... so yeah... im pissed... someone make up their mind and slap the guy who created this fight please... THEN... slap the guy who changed how to beat him

That is a more legitimate complaint that actually presents an issue with which we can help you :p

All I can tell you is when my group did it, once we got him down to almost no health, we had the tank drag him as close to the edge as possible and the sorc knocked him off with overload.

You are waiting till his health gets super low and he becomes immune to damage before trying to knock him off, right?

yes... and i went to about 8 different websites and utube videos and it was like a 50/50 split... some say you have to have all 4 members hit him with grenades at the same time.. another says grenades optional.. I tried to blast him back with my BH and it did nothing.. were just gonna give up.. we meant to go to Battle of Ilum.. just accidentally went to the wrong one and figured "hey the other one is super easy.. maybe this one is too!!" yeah... were going to gouge our eyeballs out for thinking such thoughts...

First KB/Nade interrupts him, second will KB.. One class with KB ability and a nade can knock him off soloi.

Move him at 15%... Once he starts chain casting your not going to move him, so move him plenty early.

Edited by Dreary

you only need 2 grenades, and in my Sith assassin, i practicaly solo the last moments of the fight, had to hit knockback, and the grenane after to trow him out. Isnt that hard if you know what you doing.

Sometimes you don't actually need 2 - we simply drag him about 5 meters from the edge when he's at about 20% health and burn him down. I then use force push as soon as the music kicks in at around 10% (sometimes less if your dps is overgeared for the fight) and he starts casting chain lightning. He flies back about 10 meters and easily clears the edge - massive air time.

To the OP - grenades/knockbacks are interchangeable in this fight. BW only put the grenades in there in case you waste your KBs earlier in the fight and they are on CD or you are running with a group with no KB abilities. Sounds like Malgus is either bugging out (in which case reset the fight) or you're letting your grenades off too early. He is massively easy once you figure him out.

Edited by JamieM

You do know that Darth Malgus bugs occasionally right? Did you try resetting him?

he is one of the more buggy bosses for us too.

we knocked him off once only for him to come back at full health. it was kinda funny too.

all i can say it will take some time and practice to learn the finer points of the fight. we one shot him our first time but after that we can run into some problems with him from time to time. we just reset him and then kill him.

keep at it and good luck.

If you have a Powertech it's even easier. You can use Grapple to bring him very close to the edge, then grenade/knockback him off.

Assassins get a "get over here" ability too. Using that in conjunction with the grenade makes his last 10% pretty easy. My brother and I two manned him last night, being our first time we died about four times but once you get the timing down of the nade-pushback you are golden.