-29 Defense Rating

The Inquisitor's Exalted Bracers have:

+22 Endurance

-5 Willpower

-41 Absorption Rating

+29 Defense Rating

--------

Right now, with the Black Hole Bracers on, I have:

Defense Rating is 321 (25.80% defensive chance)

Shield Rating is 201 (31.21% shield chance, but I have dark ward so my actual shield chance is 51.21%)

Absorption Rating is 248 (45.35% shield absorption)

Edited by RiseOfDeath

With the Black Hole Bracers:

Defense Rating is 321 (25.80% defensive chance)

Shield Rating is 201 (31.21% shield chance, but I have dark ward so my actual shield chance is 51.21%)

Absorption Rating is 248 (45.35% shield absorption)

Edited by RiseOfDeath

You are tanking with your shield so i would stack absorb and shieldchance till 50%.

Stack childchance to 45-50%without your shield spell and you are one of the good tanks.

Yes this

IT sounds like you're a Shadow/Assassin tank, in which case you absolutely are doing most of your tanking with your shield, especially since your Deflection saber ward esque skill raises your defensive chance to stupid levels, stacking defense would be silly.

Go with shield and absorption with a stronger focus towards absorption considering how much of your skills raise your shield chance

IMO get orange braces, then put 58-61 armoring/mods in them.

QFT

Custom bracers w/ 61 armor/mod will always be better then Black Hole bracers (and belt)... I know 61 armoring may be hard to get, but you still may get better stats even with a 58 armoring. Even if you decide to not where the customs now... keep them... you will use them eventually.

since all the 61 gear has armoring that only fits into those pieces (hand, feet, chest, head, legs), how do u get 61 armoring for belt and bracers?

BiS is campaign gear critically crafted with an augment slot, with some exceptions (end>class stat for dps/heals etc)

since all the 61 gear has armoring that only fits into those pieces (hand, feet, chest, head, legs), how do u get 61 armoring for belt and bracers?

Could be a random HM EC drop. One thing that I want to know (and I will be testing) is after RE'ing a 61 armoring (chest)... and you get the schematic... will the schematic be for chest only? That's my million dollar question... because if it is not bound to your chest after RE'ing, then imo it's totally worth destroying a 61 to get the schem.

*edit... just found out that you may not be able to RE armoring *facepalm*

Edited by KBsFuRy

As others have already said: Assassins/Shadows are shield/absorb tanks. That is where you should focus on. Defense should be respectable, but not focused on.

As a Shadow tank myself, I noticed massive gains in mitigation once you hit 50%+ absorb. It's unbelievably potent. You definitely want to get more of that.