More items Without the RNG Cartle boxes

Atalantia

Title says it.

Even Tera lets you buy outfits without having to spend currency on a maybe box.

I spend a 100 dollars a month on average in Tera for outfits and weapon skins

I won't even touch the cartel boxes. If im buying something I want what Im paying for not some silly gambling game

Title says it.

I won't even touch the cartel boxes. If im buying something I want what Im paying for not some silly gambling game

Some people like the "silly gambling game".

Fact 1 : I don't buy any random box, and now have 13000 CC piled from monthly fees since the beginning of F2P

Fact 2 : I might be enclined to spend some coins if some of the boxes' content were avaliable to direct purchase, even if it costs more than the actual boxes.

Example :

Box costs 450 CC, and contains multiple items.

A single "average" (silver symbol) item could be purchased directly for 600 CC

A single "rare" (gold symbol) item could be purchased directly for 900 CC.

Edited by Altheran

Fact 1 : I don't buy any random box, and now have 13000 CC piled from monthly fees since the beginning of F2P

Fact 2 : I might be enclined to spend some coins if some of the boxes' content were avaliable to direct purchase, even if it costs more than the actual boxes.

Example :

yup like that the boxes in Tera are 330 each, the outfits by themselves are 880-1048 basically more than buying three boxes

Example :

Except that at their rarity, gold items would be sold for 3-5k CC, and then people probably wouldn't buy the boxes OR the items.

Except that at their rarity, gold items would be sold for 3-5k CC, and then people probably wouldn't buy the boxes OR the items.

It was just an example. Prices could be adapted whether it's a part of an armor, or a stand alone object like a mount, or something trivial like an emote.

Edited by Altheran

Title says it.

why don't you sell the packs unopened and then buy the item off the GTN?

I think one of the reasons why some gear sets are random are because they are supposed to be rare. If you allow people to just buy them directly, everyone would be wearing them and they would lose their meaning.

Not saying there aren't other ways to preserve such things. But I don't think you should be able to buy, for example, Revan's robes directly from the cartel market.

If I am willing to pay say 1200 cartel coins for "X" set rather than spend nothing on the cartel market. cause I ain't going to pay 24 boxes

get nothing that I was wanting and then buy another 24 rinse and repeat until I get what I want. I know there are people that are doing that or the Gear lottery box thing wouldn't still be going on.

and they can make them like the Pathfinder set where U have to repurchase it for each toon.

Then they have win win. All the people that want to buy 240 boxes for a set they can transfer to others toons win and those of use that want to just have that set win

Ok, here's my solution suggestion. They allow you to buy only the bronze and silver quality rare cartel pack, and maybe the less rare gold quality stuff, for upwards of 1k coins apiece, and it's BoP no matter what it is.

Indeed, one could easily argue they could make more money by offering more items directly, but they would have to be bop to not interfere with the gamble boxes.