No Rakghoul Today?

Rankyn

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Enemies scale to one's character level, so I doubt that would be a problem.
As long as they didn't set a hard cap of 55 on the scaling.

Gree requires the bolster mechanic so there's more to be fixed with it than there would be with Rakghoul.

Enemies scale to one's character level, so I doubt that would be a problem.

I'm not sure what caused the problems with the Gree event, but if it was bolster or a level 60 HM ops boss, that's what we have here, too.

Gree requires the bolster mechanic so there's more to be fixed with it than there would be with Rakghoul.

SM Eyeless uses bolster mechanics, too.

ETA: But honestly, I was really just joking. Mostly. :rak_01:

Edited by KyaniteD

As long as they didn't set a hard cap of 55 on the scaling.

Why would they?

I'm not sure what caused the problems with the Gree event, but if it was bolster or a level 60 HM ops boss, that's what we have here, too.

I got the feeling it was something pertaining the game world, outside closed instances, but that's just me.

Why would they?
Because who knows how they wrote their code.

There might be a sanity check in there that caps it at the player max level (which was 55 at the time) to prevent the game from somehow spawning a lvl 950 monstrosity under certain conditions.

I am pretty sure that there is no raks planned back on Corellia. The Rakghoul Resurgence event is supposed to cycle so next one should be back on Alderaan especially when Corellia was only a few weeks ago.

This is not the first time that a conquest event is completely disconnected from the current event (BH event and conquest BH event not happening the same week not long ago). Just another example of the left hand of the studio being unaware of what the right hand is doing.

This game is turning into a total joke. It's like they went into maintenance mode.

Edited by demotivator

Because who knows how they wrote their code.

There might be a sanity check in there that caps it at the player max level (which was 55 at the time) to prevent the game from somehow spawning a lvl 950 monstrosity under certain conditions.

That would be awesome.

:rak_03:

This game is turning into a total joke. It's like they went into maintenance mode.

Next few months will tell.

Judging from SoR, I'm not pleased.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

So they gave us the Rakghoul event conquest theme and targets without actually running the Rakghoul event?

Sheesh... I'd like to comment but I'm already on the naughty step for saying things about the devs' level of competence, so I guess I'd better just bite my lip.

It was a good thing you did. And tomorrow, tomorrow is gonna be a real good day! :)

Fairly certain Bioware forgot. If it was going to happen it would have already. GG Bioware I was actually excited for an event.

I'm fairly sure myself that they never intended to have the event. They just put up the wrong conquest. If the event came back it wouldn't be this soon, and it would probably be back on Alderaan, not on Corellia twice in a row.

Edited by PLynkes

no patch...no event. I seen the no rak event coming as we just had it prior to xpac , but to tie conquest to it was a slap in the face to allot I am sure. Hopefully they enjoyed their two weeks off and come back with a passion to fix everything wrong and right some issues.

Event can go online and offline with no patch required; Same with the others.

right, my bad. I meant no patch or event, sorry for confusion. 2nd week in a row no patch yet major issues after xpac still plague game. First week was understandable , this week not so much xD. We still have exploiters running rampant but oh wells lol

Edited by krisknife

I love this game like no other, spent more $ on this than anything else in my electronic arsenal..

But I honestly feel that BW has checked out on this game.

SoR is a pretty paltry expansion, I was hoping it would take me more than 2 or 3 hours to clear all the content (minus Ops of course, which I am sure we'll get more of eventually)

The 12 days of Christmas was clearly treated as an afterthought by whomever was controlling the release of packs. (See Coming Soon for 3 days, only to have them halfassedly edit the post hours after the supposed next round of packs "Surprise, its the same as yesterday, and the day before!")

Class complaints are very often ignored, and it took them way too long to acknowledge and address the lag issues many people are having.

Now this Rakghoul Event conquest (error?) just shows how sloppy these guys are getting.

Honey, you've let yourself go.

I will be unbelievably bummed when this game is shelved, but with the behavior I've seen by the official BW staff I feel that this day is coming much sooner than I'd like.

I love this game like no other, spent more $ on this than anything else in my electronic arsenal..

But I honestly feel that BW has checked out on this game.

SoR is a pretty paltry expansion, I was hoping it would take me more than 2 or 3 hours to clear all the content (minus Ops of course, which I am sure we'll get more of eventually)

The 12 days of Christmas was clearly treated as an afterthought by whomever was controlling the release of packs. (See Coming Soon for 3 days, only to have them halfassedly edit the post hours after the supposed next round of packs "Surprise, its the same as yesterday, and the day before!")

Class complaints are very often ignored, and it took them way too long to acknowledge and address the lag issues many people are having.

Now this Rakghoul Event conquest (error?) just shows how sloppy these guys are getting.

Honey, you've let yourself go.

I will be unbelievably bummed when this game is shelved, but with the behavior I've seen by the official BW staff I feel that this day is coming much sooner than I'd like.

As long as there are a handful of rabid fans who excuse the lack of reinvestment into the game while forking over money week after week chasing recolored pixels in gamble boxes, EA will keep it running.

I really want to like this game as I love Star Wars and have enjoyed spending time with like minded people who have become my friends, but this lack of communication and action is getting really old.

For me the list just keeps growing...

SoR is very small, and while generally enjoyable, was clearly over-hyped and for me, underwhelming.

The ongoing waves of ability delay and latency have made enjoying the expansion content difficult.

Events such as Gree (tied to Life Day items) and Rhakghoul (tied to this week's Conquest) are MIA.

Rewards for content participation are all out of whack (e.g. better rewards running old 55 content).

One Operation has major bugs and the other is highly exploitable, both going on for multiple weeks.

Content was removed from Group Finder, making the already small expansion feel smaller.