Soloist Complaint: Way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions

That's a silly complaint because there's more then enough solo content to make your way through 50 without dipping into flashpoints and heroic missions. In fact if you were one of the earlier 50's you had to do so because there was no one to group with to do flashpoints or heroic quests. Hell when I finished Corellia I was the only one on the planet.

Trust me, there's more then enough solo content.

I skipped all 2man and 4 man heroics, I only did a couple of flash points just to see how they worked.

Otherwise I solo'd my way to 50.

Noone is forcing the OP to do them.

It's called "content"

Remove that, what do you have left?

Maybe MMO's aren't for you? Since you seem to like single player games

Edited by Ahebish

You can SKIP the heroics and Flashpoints. It will NOT cause you any issues as you level.

I managed to do 1-50 doing only the starter heroics (solo'd) and not doing any others...

They're there for players who WANT to group, not because they HAVE to be done.

I generally play solo but I also enjoy playing with friends / pugs too. (get to make new friends that way)

If anything there is far too little group content. it would be nice to see entire quest hubs that are group quests only.

In my opinion I would really like to see all of the heroic quests be set for groups of 2. And then all of the flashpoints are for groups of 4.

I very much enjoying playing this game: being both a huge star wars fan and an avid MMO gamer, thank you. But, I prefer playing solo and as I now have high level characters, I can reflect back and express my personal opinion- that there are way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions that require a group, which interrups my personal style of gameplay.

It's optional. Not too sure what the problem is? Are you a completionist? If so mmo is a bad genre for ya :)

I am not sure what you intend on proving by saying "There should be less content"...

You could have re-worded your opinion by stating more solo quests and have gotten more agreement by your fellow soloists, myself included. Instead, you took a negative approach and made what would seem to be a troll post.

Group Content is just fine.

Your opinion is just wrong, and yes, there are bad opinions and good ones. I encourage you to try again, preferably with something more constructive for the game, not destructive.

I agree with the heroic part. In some areas the number of Heroics really is too high and as skipping them is no option in a story-driven game things could really be improved here.

They should just add public groups for any Heroic area (like in Rift or Warhammer) which are automatically joined when a player enters the area of the quest. This would basically eliminate most group finding outside of Flashpoints and allow people to play instead of either waiting for other players or until the quest is soloable.

The number of Flashpoints is ok, actually there can´t be too many of them in my opinion (at least with a group finder; too many could make manual group search difficult).

You are not forced to do any of the content if you do not wish so, your opinion is flawed.

I agree with the heroic part. In some areas the number of Heroics really is too high and as skipping them is no option in a story-driven game things could really be improved here.

They should just add public groups for any Heroic area (like in Rift or Warhammer) which are automatically joined when a player enters the area of the quest. This would basically eliminate most group finding outside of Flashpoints and allow people to play instead of either waiting for other players or until the quest is soloable.

The number of Flashpoints is ok, actually there can´t be too many of them in my opinion (at least with a group finder; too many could make manual group search difficult).

You remove them and people will start making thread that there is not enough content while leveling.

Its good as it is, no one asks you to do any of it if you don't want to. I know I skipped many of them as well, I am not bothered I can always come back to them to level my legacy etc..

Its no wonder, Soloist hence why Flashpoints and Heroic quests which are ment for groups are not appealing to you.

I do not understand what is you are trying to achieve by creating this thread =/

Edited by Cyphen

You don't actually need to do Heroic quests to advance the story as you would out level the content anyways if you just do all the solo quests. The heoric quests gives you some nice items for sure, but they are definitely not required. In fact the last couple of planets I leveled in (Belsavis & Corelia), there were almost no players there on the republic side, so I did all the solo missions.

You are not forced to do any of the content if you do not wish so, your opinion is flawed.

Potentially having to skip parts of the story in a game which many only play because, unlike most MMORPGS, it has story is not very satisfying and waiting until you are finally able to manually find a group is absolutely no fun at all. Why so old fashioned? Look at other games. Obviously people want to play without wasting their time talking to other players and building a group.

In fact the last couple of planets I leveled in (Belsavis & Corelia), there were almost no players there on the republic side, so I did all the solo missions.

So why not change the content so it can be used by most possible players. It´s poinless to have those areas which are rarely frequented (and that is already happening and will only get worse once less players level their characters) and it is possible to have the idea of grouping combined with the organizational ease of soloing (auto group, zone scaling).

For whatever reason, I've found group play to be both less intimidating and easier to pick up than I did in WoW and I really appreciate that. After getting griefed out of a number of dungeons in WoW as a n00b I pretty much gave up and solo'd it, but SWTOR has been a much more gratifyingly social experience. I've been doing ad-hoc groups for all of the heroics, and generally people have been great. It's also an entirely new challenge to learn to play one's position within the group.

So, for those who've been turned off of playing with other people in other MMO's like I was, give it another try here!

Potentially having to skip parts of the story in a game which many only play because, unlike most MMORPGS, it has story is not very satisfying and waiting until you are finally able to manually find a group is absolutely no fun at all. Why so old fashioned? Look at other games. Obviously people want to play without wasting their time talking to other players and building a group.

You do not need to group with other players to complete your main class story. Heroic missions are rather bonus, you do not need to do them. If the story is boring to you, skip it with spacebar or quit the game.

I very much enjoying playing this game: being both a huge star wars fan and an avid MMO gamer, thank you. But, I prefer playing solo and as I now have high level characters, I can reflect back and express my personal opinion- that there are way too many Flashpoints and Heroic Missions that require a group, which interrups my personal style of gameplay.

MMOs are games that try to appeal to a wide range of tastes. People who like to solo, and People who like to group are two examples.

The game has plenty of solo content all the way to 50 and beyond that a strictly solo player can achieve quite a lot and even get some top end rewards.

Bioware has also decided to support group players with a lot of group content such as heroic mission and flashpoints.

I think offering variety is a good thing, and I think you need to be more accepting that not everyone plays like you do and those people deserve some content too.

Edited by MaximusRex