Give companions multiple gifts at once

Kulyok

So, everyone probably knows by now that if you buy about sixty Grade 1 companion gifts and forty Grade 2 companion gifts right after getting a new companion(say, technology gifts for Treek), you'd get the companion's approval to 6000. It costs only about ~50k, too.

Problem is, giving all those gifts one by one takes about twenty minutes, and it's INCREDIBLY BORING.

So, please, give us an opportunity to give the whole stack of gifts to our companions at once. Saves time, lets us buy more, lets us spend more money. Everyone's happy.

YES PLEASE!!! Giving them multiples of the same gift all at once would be nice having to listen to them say the same thing over and over again gets REALLY annoying after about the 5th item. :( Edited by Anaesha

This would make me so happy, or I should say it would have made me so happy, having already maxed my companion affection across 18 toons now. It's SUPER FREAKING BRAINUMBING BORING and a terrible experience in gameplay.

Yeah, an option to consume all gifts at once would be nice.

However, I suspect that one of the challenges would be dealing with the fact that the affection value of the gift drops as the companion's affection goes up.

Maybe the better way to deal with it would to allow companion gifts to be consumed instantly like decorations are.

We'd still have to click them all but it could be done incredibly fast.

Handy? YES

Likely: No.

The system in place works and as far as I know is bug free.

They wouldn't redesign it (that is in essence what you're asking for) to make giving gifts easier.

Now it just consumes more time.

Works yes but it's annoying. after the fifth gift and hearing "this is great thanks!" I want to lop off Vette's head with my lightsaber. lol :D

• 8 months later...

It would be great to be able to give multiple gifts at a time. One of the most painful 'grinds' left in the game is raising companion affection. A 3 second cast with no cooldown is better than it was at launch, but with 50 Ranks, so many companions (and more all the time) the system needs to be improved. And for those of us with alts its even less enjoyable.

Being able to give multiple gifts (1-99 ideally, but even in groups of 10 would be ok) would work great with the new Companion mechanics and the overall philosophy of 4.0.

Hell, it's annoying even if you're not trying to shortcut your way to full rank. Yesterday I just got my JC (the one I created when I first logged on to the game back in March 2013, no less) to the interplanet after Belsavis, where you get Nadia as a brand-spanking-new companion (my JC is female, so none of that kind of spanking, OK?) and have to immediately use her and nobody else. That was painful, because I had been using Iresso, and having to step down to a rank 1 companion was not going to be fun.

Works yes but it's annoying. after the fifth gift and hearing "this is great thanks!" I want to lop off Vette's head with my lightsaber. lol :D

I don't need to give her gifts to feel that way. But I fully support giving gifts in multiples, One simply does not have a stack of 99 (insert gift name) without the intent of selling or giving as gifts.

dear god yes or at least get rid of the castbar every time you give them a gift when i get a new companion i buy 200 or more companion gifts right off for them. It takes bloody forever to give them all too them and i cant see any good reason for it please fix this

• 1 year later...

Sooooo, turn your speakers off.

Don't know where you live, but where I am it works just fine.

Having said that, I'm in the process of giving 150 gifts to a droid companion. I literally just came here to break the tedium.

But at least droid companions don't say anything...

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

January 2020.

951 Armor Maintenance.

Time: 47 minutes and 57 seconds.

Effect:

Rank up to 50 for I-08.

Rank 14 to Rank 50 for HK-55.

The last 165 brought HK-51 from Rank 8 1104 | 1700 to Rank 29 3864 | 5900.

Notation:

Cartel Market-purchased Companions have no comment.

You can mute the computer to be able to bypass that stuff.

Cartel Market-purchased Companions grow affection faster.

Armor Maintenance for I-08: +532 Influence per item used from 40+

Armor Maintenance for HK-55: +300 Influence per item used from 40+

The difference made it take several hundred to get HK-55 clear to 50.

The main issue with bulk gifting is that the amount of Influence gained decreases at certain intervals.

Thus, if you bulk-gifted an item that gave +1016 Influence per gift in the early levels but only 300 in the last ten levels of influence, they would need to find a way to program the stage-downs of return value for the gift given.

I would STRONGLY support instant-gift-giving like the instant acquisition of decorations, as has been mentioned above. 48m3s to give 961 Gifts is cruel. The argument could also be made 961 Rank 6 Artifact-tier Gifts resulting only in 2 Rank 50 Companions (and one of those Cartel Market-bought with the sweet boost that gets, effectively), is also cruel.

Frankly, the current gift-giving feels like it was programmed by the Sith, between how long it takes to give the gifts and how many you need to give.

For those interested:

+599 Influence per Armor Maintenance for HK-51 up to 15.

+524 Influence per Armor Maintenance for HK-51 until Rank 20.

+449 Influence per Armor Maintenance for HK-51 until Rank 29.

If it follows HK-55's progression, it drops to 374 from 30 and to 300 at 40.

Edited by Persephonica

• 2 years later...

+1

It would speed things up considerably, hell even if you could hand 1, 5, 10, 25 of the same one at a time!

It does consume server lag to hand these items to your companion 1 at a time.

So it is also beneficial to the game servers itself.

People would still buy the big ones off the cartel market for the fastest level 50 boost!

Edited by conanisking