Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

What I find bothersome is the fact that they can't even get one week of July completed in one day. The month of August had more pre-orders than July, how long will it take to get all of August squeezed in? Stopping the invites early today and starting them back up tomorrow (at 9 EST instead of 7 EST) makes even less sense.

But what really chaps my behind (besides a flame about 3 feet high) is the fact that my husband will be outlevelling me, ruining the experience of levelling with him *together.* Sure I could ask him to not level and wait for me, but what do I tell him? Wait another day? Another two days? Five? Who knows? And I would never ask him to wait anyway, that would kill him, although he'd do it, bless his heart. And there's not a snowball's chance in hell my guildies are gonna wait if my own husband isn't LOL.

And yes I know that EA isn't a right yada yada yada. Doesn't make it disappoint any less.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the whole point of stress test was to make sure servers could handle this many people.. I guess BW/EA is full of dip Sh**ts b/c i mean seriously they stopped workin on there invites going out after only 8hrs.. *** that makes me question things... Edited by armyfreed

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

You sir, are indeed correct!

The only weakness I can see in the way the early access is being handled, and hasn't been feasably answered yet, is that on the 20th we're all gonna log on so if the servers can't handle us all then what makes them think adding us slowly will make any difference to the servers once we're all on?

Have they got some kind of magic servers that are organic or something and can 'grow' with the amount of people to accomodate them?

Either the servers can handle us or not and they'll never know until they stick us all on.

Originally Posted by gunmastermitri

originally posted by kinegos

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

THIS SAYS IT ALL!! COPY AND PASTE SO THEY GET THE MESSAGE!

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

no offense but a lot more people where on during beta stress test and was perfectly fine , and from what i am hearing from guildies and friends there is like barely then 80 people on the starting zones .

A bunch of us where talking and think bw is being way to carefull and should have launched more waves or the waves they have launched should have been a bit bigger.

More players and LESS servers. BioWare is scared of their own shadow at this point, and it is going to bite them.

Please for the sake of your community start opening up more waves in the next few hours.

I really hope you guys read what this guy wrote- hella people posting and agreeing with it.

I disagree with it.

There is nothing wrong with segmented rollout of a pre-launch.

The wrong part was not telling people when they'd get in, after changing the potential date. I wish I would have kept my schedule open on the 15th instead of moving it to today/tomorrow.

Even announcing "we are going to let X% in every day for a week, so preorder early to get your spot" would have worked. They then could have a simple date show in your account as to when you should expect the e-mail.

It is so bizarrely obvious and simple it leads to anger/suspicion as to how they could have missed this or why they're doing it this other way intentionally.

And their smoke and mirrors twitter/ "CS" is also disconcerting.

I'm sorry..... but at 1 month or 100k members a day, there is NO possible way they will even get to even October by the 20th. That's *********** PATHETIC! And I want my money back, cause you are screwing us with the false statement of up to Five Days early. At this rate, there is physical way we will get EGA.

Thanks for nothing. and I WILL fight hard for a refund on your BS statement!

[sAD FACE]

How about getting a life instead. you know the thing that is outside the glowing screen your infront off. Seriously if you aver over 15yrs old i am sad for humanities future.

Okay... I've tried to be calm and rational regarding these successive waves of BS...

Allow me, if I may, to point out a few things:

1) This is EARLY GAME ACCESS, not launch.

>> Origin marketed the preorder with early access as the main selling point. They get to keep the whole full retail price, plus charged a preorder fee, plus got paid well in advance of the game being ready. People preordered because of early access, so it doesn't matter that this isn't launch.

2) The ORIGINAL early access was the 15th, not today, ergo, NONE of you should be complaining.

>> The people who get in early will have an advantage over people who get in later. Also, the egalitarian in all of us gets annoyed at inequality.

3) The releasing of the early access in waves in respect to when you redeemed you early access code is fair. This has nothing to do with "their money must be better than mine" horse hockey. If they pre-ordered on July 21st and you pre-ordered in October, they SHOULD get in before you since they pre-ordered and redeemed their code before you.

>> The fairness is debatable. The first person to preorder didn't pay any more than the guy who preordered last week. I didn't see an explanation of how the preorder early release invites would be sent before I bought it. If there was one, then yeah, it's fair. If not, it's reasonable for people to expect it to work like other preorder early release MMO launches have - everyone that preordered can play at the same time.

4) In consideration of point 3 above, I would remind you children that LIFE ISN'T FAIR! Deal with the harsh reality that life is often very UNfair. Don't think so? Ask the Zebra with the pair of Lionesses on its back if life is fair?

>> Pointless and preachy, and your point 3 was that the situation is fair, so this has no bearing if you actually think that it's fair. Also, people who proudly state that life is unfair miss the point. Of course life is unfair, but it doesn't have to be that way.

5) The self-entitled BS spewing forth from the fingertips of the denizens of this forum discussion is sickening. Honestly, how the hell do you live with yourselves? Do you actually LISTEN to the crap oozing from your pie-hole? Please try to remember that this is A GAME! It is NOT REAL! You are ************ about a game? At THIS time of year?

>> The self-important BS spewing forth in your post, etc, etc.

5a) Okay, if you are an Imperial or Sith character, go ahead and be a ************, cuz, after all, you really ARE ************s. You'd use a lightsaber to make your masterpiece sculpture, "Sith slaughtering 17 puppies" and then complain that the puppies bled on your new Sith robes. But, if you are a Jedi and you behave like this? As Yoda would say, "Quit being a whiny *****, you must."

>> Dude, it's a game, nobody here is a sith or a jedi. Also, who among us hasn't played the drinking game where you do a shot every time Luke whines in the first movie?

Now, I am CERTAIN that I'll miss page 500 because of all this typing, but just in case, please, people, let's try to be civil...

Go call you parents, talk to your children, play with your nieces or nephews, visit a sick friend... Just go do ANYTHING productive and stop festering like an arse-boil.

But, um, Bioware? Yeah, that whole, 'no EU servers are up' thing? Poor form folks. Get on it. They paid just like we did on this side of the pond.

>> Here in America, people have a right to ***** and moan if they feel the urge, and we don't care about the rest of the world! :)

Flev

There's a big difference in having a full server of X number of people, and having that entire X number of people all in the starting area at the same time. It would be horrible; 1 frame per second, and impossible questing. That's my guess behind the staggering; it gives players time to leave the starting area before a fresh batch arrives. That being said, I know I pre-ordered in December, but give me early access now plz, k thkx =]

For all the people who are saying that ALL preorders should have gotten all seven days of early access...

Don't you realize that, in your scenario, there would be absolutely no purpose for early access to even exist? If they were to let us all have early access the same day, they'd make it start the 18th or 19th. Be happy that they bumped the early access ahead two days. That means that, even if you didn't get in today's waves, you're still going to be able to play the game two days ahead of when you would have before (assuming you preordered before, say, December).

ok i was in chino state prison when i found out about the pre-order........its not fair i couldnt wait until i got out and play this game. its not fair that i wasnt able to order this game since i was locked up......now i have to wait....this is worse anticipation than my release date.......

Maybe they don't want the starting zones to get over populated. could you imagine having millions on different servers at the same time. It would be pretty nasty.

Now that I think of it, I would'nt be as upset if Bioware would:

- Put up a estimate wait based on preorder date.

- Explanation for the wave system.

At least then I can get back to "more importaint things."

For me, its not that I'm mad, I'm just really dissappointed. I put my code in immediately before my best friend (we were at his place) and he got in on the first wave, I'm still waiting. All I've wanted to do to level up a game with my friends and have fun. Most of them already got in and have been playing since this morning. So now I have to play catch-up, which blows. Honestly, the game hasn't even launched yet and already I'm frustrated with it. I guess there goes having fun with my friends.